PDA

View Full Version : DoC Tournament army - 2k [Khorne themed]

DreamSlayer
06-12-2009, 00:02
Hello,
I made the below army based on Khorne. I don't want to jump into the bandwagon of ultrahigh amounts of powerdice DoC, but I would love a fairly competitive Daemons army. What do you think? The next tournament will most likely have quite a lot of dual Hell Pit Abomb armies with quite possibly plague furnace Deathstars too. So going there without a lot of Flames would be quite bad, or do you have any other idea? On the other hand I would not leave my Bloodthirster home, since I love that thing.
Maybe firestorm blade, obsidian armour and immortal fury builds are more common, what do you think?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Lords and Heroes
. . 1 Bloodthirster of Khorne @ 545 pts
. . . . 1 Armour of Khorne
. . . . 1 Dark Insanity
. . . . 1 Immortal Fury

. . 1 Herald of Khorne (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 265 pts
. . . . 1 Juggernaut of Khorne
. . . . 1 Banner of Unholy Victory
. . . . 1 Firestorm Blade
. . 9 Bloodletters of Khorne @ 138 pts
. . . . 1 Bloodreaper + Musician

. . 1 Herald of Khorne @ 190 pts
. . . . 1 Juggernaut of Khorne
. . . . 1 Firestorm Blade
. . 9 Bloodletters of Khorne @ 132 pts
. . . . 1 Bloodreaper

Bloodletters of Khorne (10#, 132 pts)
. . 9 Bloodletters of Khorne
. . . . 1 Bloodreaper

Flesh Hounds of Khorne (5#, 215 pts)
. . 4 Flesh Hounds of Khorne
. . . . 1 Karanak, Hound of Vengeance

Flamers of Tzeentch (5#, 190 pts)
. . 4 Flamers of Tzeentch
. . . . 1 Pyrocaster

Flamers of Tzeentch (5#, 190 pts)
. . 4 Flamers of Tzeentch
. . . . 1 Pyrocaster

Total Roster Cost: 1997

jthdotcom
06-12-2009, 09:39
Seems you ruined the theme by putting in flamers....

DreamSlayer
06-12-2009, 09:50
That's totally true, but what chances does a pure Khorne stand?

Da Crusha
06-12-2009, 10:54
actually a friend of mine plays 3 heralds with obsidian armor on juggys leading there own units of 12 or 15 bloodletters and 3 units of 5 flesh hounds with 2 or 3 units of furies, a unit of 2 blood crushers and he won his first tournament of 25+ people and he had only played something like 10 games... the list was super aggressive and very aggravating to play against

DreamSlayer
06-12-2009, 16:38
Hmm, that's something I should really reconsider. I find it a bit odd, that he left out the Bloodthirster. Do you have any idea why?

The Thirster gives quite a big tactical advantage since he can fly. Basically similar to those dreaded High Elf Dragons, but cheaper. 545-550 points are really a bargain for that monster. Not to mention the psychological aspect that everyone and his cat will fire/cast harmful spells at it, keeping my army relatively safe. He basically acts like some sort of magic defense vs. Tzeench and Druchii magic heavy armies.

About being super aggressive, I think that's the only way to play Khorne, otherwise the gunlines will obliterate you. The only reason I would not play super aggressive is if I met a deathstar. In that case I might consider setting up my army so that I could charge with as many units as possible in one turn, while making sure he will not charge me.

BRETELF
06-12-2009, 18:59
what about juggernauts or whatever those things are? Instead of flamers

Da Crusha
19-12-2009, 01:04
actually now that I think of it he did bring the bloodthirster in the army which was a last minute change since we dont play wysiwyg at home. he ussually spent the points somewhere else... Im not sure. more bloodletters I think...

Falkman
19-12-2009, 01:46
Dark insanity on a 'thirster can be quite a gamble, I'd drop it and Armour of Khorne and give him Obsidian armour and Collar of Khorne, that way he's protected against anything except cannonballs/bolt throwers, and still packs a mean punch in combat.
I'd also think about switching the BSB's banner to Great standard of Sundering, that way you have great magic defense as well.
I just don't think the Combat res banner will be all that useful, you should already be winning combats with a lot.

Jind_Singh
19-12-2009, 08:35
hey dude,
was a massive DoC player for about a year but moved to ogres/empire/orcs last 3 months - but still got my 10,000 pts of the sods and gave people a damn good thrashing with them!
stick with pure khorne - you'll have no problems with them.
a decent list i ran was (roughly)

Thirster, obsidian armour, firestorm blade, immortal fury - a variant is to swap the firestorm blade with spell breaker, but meh - i like the firestorm!!! bye-bye chariots and regeneration!

herald, jugger, armour, firestorm, BSB, icon of sundering (-2 to cast)
herald, jugger, armour, firestorm
herald, jugger, armour, firestorm

11 letters, fc, icon
11 letters, fc, icon
11 letters, fc, icon
6 furies
6 furies
5 hounds
5 hounds

2250 on the dot, you have four great characters that will put paid to any regen unit out there, a herald will cut down a war hydra!!!
thirster is cool as he will do well against anything not immune to fire attacks (which is why sometimes id consider taking out the firestorm blade for a spell breaker), 2 hounds, 2 screening units of awesome furies, 3 decent core units that hold a herald each - they now rank up 5 wide, 3 deep - look great, fight great.

AND its a pure khorne list, has great theme, buy some skull botz and really go to town on the basing - you'll have an amazing looking army that might even win some awards - and it's not as cheesy as the 99% khorne with flamers thrown in for luck!

PS - with regards to falkman - i played the sundering icon a million times, and the D3 combat res icon - both are just as great as I find that once in combat magic isnt so tough - and besides the extra D3 really helps out as the game progesses and your core units take a beating, you just cant muster the static res to smack opponents around!

and last note - never, ever, take skull totem - endless war all the way! D6 charge is NASTY, nasty, nasty - has never let me down, has seen PLENTY of smiles fade when the units are about 1-2 inches short and they hammer in regardless! It takes out some of the stress of failed charges!

Furies - deploy them 1" apart and as a screen for the entire army - enemy missle troops are at a hefty -2 to shoot at them, and they protect your fragile bloodletters - then around turn 2/3 they fly off to march block, hunt warmachines or lone mages, etc - no one expects them to hit hard but with WS4, str 4 you'll be suprised - espec if the Lord Thrister is close by and handy with his LD9!!!

GO KHORNE!!!!

Jind_Singh
19-12-2009, 08:37
(PS - my favored Khorne List is 4 heralds, 2 hound units, unit of furies, and 4 blocks of bloodletters at 16 strong with full command and icons - no one expects such big blocks of troops on the board! More for fun though