PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Wulfrick from WoC Book, any thoughts?

06-12-2009, 06:18
I have Wulfrick the Wanderer in my WoC Slaanesh army with a large 25-28 man unit of marauders with HW/Shield Lightarmor. I have never used this unit together with the character yet. But I was wondering if anyone has any stories or experiences with this character. Is he any good.

His ability to make a unit of marauders show up on any table edge just sounds too good to be true, though they are marauders. What do you guys think, should I try this out.

Ludwig von Rictoven
06-12-2009, 12:23
I used to use him with a 10 man Khorne marauder unit with nothing but flails. Cheap character delivery unit and in the 4 games I used it both he and the unit caused a lot of damage.

The unit will generate a lot of spells and firepower from the enemy not wanting such a unit in their rear or side.

Try not to put too many points into it as it is possible that you wont have them for a quite a few turns

PARTYCHICORITA
06-12-2009, 15:34
A decent size unit of khorne maurauders with greatweapons (same cost as flails) and wulfrik can be a decent, yet not so expensive, thread to the enemy; forcing him to use some of his own units to deal with it or have a flank or rear lost.

GWItheUltimate
26-01-2010, 02:36
I think Wulfrik can be amazing against stand and shoot armies... Wood Elves, High Elves (actually all Elves !), Skaven, Empire etc....

If you're lucky and Wulfrik arrives in the first two turns, you can wipe warmachines or kill gunners, archers etc....

He worth his points only to see the face of you're opponent when he arrives behind his army ! Nice !

Havock
26-01-2010, 12:22
MoK or MoS, in the former, smaller but hitty, in the latter: get ranks.

E-Dog
26-01-2010, 15:18
I've taken him twice with a unit of 20, w/flails, mark of khorne. Both times he showed up on turn one!!! Well worth the points IMO.

Witchblade
26-01-2010, 21:58
He's "ok", but view him as a bonus to your army. He's too unreliable and situational to be more than that. Plus, he's not that hard somehow.