PDA

View Full Version : What is the proper way of using bow of the sea farer?

ROCKY
28-01-2006, 16:33
I am not familiar with this item, are we allowed to use all four attacks (for elf princes?) or a mere one attack?:wtf:

Nitron
28-01-2006, 17:35
No idea. Maybe its in the errata?

Keller
28-01-2006, 19:57
All ranged weapons only shoot once per turn, regardless of attackers profile. There are some exceptions to this, but they are explicitly mentioned in the weapon's description. For example, the HE Reaver Bow: "Bearer may shoot 3 times each phase...." I beleive the Wood Elves now have a magic bow that allows them to shoot as many shots as they have attacks, as well.

ROCKY
28-01-2006, 20:01
Thanks again Keller. Everytime I seem to be stuck in thought ya show up and clear my mind. I shall initiate you to the buddy list pronto.

Keller
29-01-2006, 19:33
Just doing my part to make the Warhammer community a better place.:)

ROCKY
29-01-2006, 19:49
God bless every body!- Rkattan says in a little kid's voice.

ZomboCom
30-01-2006, 00:36
Yup, it's a one shot weapon like all ranged weapons unless specifically mentioned otherwise. The character's number of attacks is the number of attakcs they get in close combat, they still only get one shooting attack per turn.

Edge
30-01-2006, 11:36
i like to use sea farer bow in the flank of enemy knights and multi wound models...

:angel:

ROCKY
30-01-2006, 17:30
Don't you wish that you could fire all 4times at different targets? this would be one of the best items in warhammer.

EvC
30-01-2006, 18:26
Not really, cos then it would cost more in points than you're allowed to take for a hero...

Keller
30-01-2006, 22:06
i like to use sea farer bow in the flank of enemy knights and multi wound models...

:angel:

My HE-playing friend likes to take a guy on an Eagle to get to the flanks and fire. Too bad I am not big on knights, so its not much use against me. A front shot works just as well.

ROCKY
30-01-2006, 22:16
Yeah, that would be expensive, but it would be worth it! as for keller, how do you flank if you have not any calvalry?

Wickerman71
31-01-2006, 01:05
Vampire Counts: raise new unit towards flank or rear
Empire: Detachments

Monsters also work rather well plus there is always the old Bait&Trap

Keller
31-01-2006, 01:28
keller, how do you flank if you have not any calvalry?
Well, we are getting pretty far off topic here, but since its been answered anyway, what the hell.

Flanking is easy enough, even with infantry. Its not so much about getting your guys in position, as it is getting the enemy into position to be flanked. Heres a brief rundown of my 3 armies and their tactics.

Empire: Artilly, bows and handguns force enemy towards my infantry line, taking out potential threats and thinning ranks. Once they near my lines, detachments can counter-charge, or a nearby unit can run support, should my detachments get taken out. The Empire is the standard of flexibility in its infantry. Cheap enough to sacrifice, sturdy enough to take on most anything.

Vampire Counts: Flanking is hardly nessicary when you have the power of fear. You have to win combat, but only by 1 to break the enemy. Makes things pretty easy, which is why I don't like to play my VC much anymore. I have too much of the Imperial mindset with good infantry tactics, so I usually do well. Nearby infantry regiments support each other, so as not to be flanked, and possibly flank the enemy if I should get the chance, just like the Empire, except I can raise more soldiers and move units with magic.

Ogre Kingdoms: Their M6 makes them about as manuverable as heavy cavalry, so you can set up charges nicely. Plus they are very good at just running in and flattening the enemy, so a frontal charge often does the trick. They just aren't too good at recieving damage...

ROCKY
01-02-2006, 01:13
Aha! thanks all!