PDA

View Full Version : 2500 for thursday

Foegnasher
08-12-2009, 02:12
a buddy of mine wants to paly 7th ed skaven, so i will oblige. since he wants to face a lot of what he will be seeing at the tourneys i will oblige as well as my models will allow.

magic heavy. shooting. numbers.

here is the list

grey seer, foul pendant
plague preist, lvl2, flail, poxrat, dispel scroll
warlock, lvl2, condenser
chief, bsb, enchanted shield

core
4 x 20 slaves
4 x 25 clanrats, shields, mu, banner
2 x warpfire thrower
2 x doomflayers
24 clanrats, shields, mu, banner
ratlingun
2 x 26 giant rats, 4 packmasters
special
2 x 6 plague censer bearers
rare
warp lightning cannon
hellpit abomination, ws spikes

now, that's got everything i'm real excited about in it. (that i have) looking at the lists around here i should have undoubtly put a bell, two furnaces, and two doomwheels in... but i think this will give him fits as is.

that's 2248, and will be going against the woodelfs on thursday. thoughts? questions?

SevenSins
08-12-2009, 07:57
ouch?
Looks tough (and suspiciously similar to the army I've been building...)

Malorian
08-12-2009, 16:40
287 models?!?! And that's with an abomination?!?!?

YIKES!!! :eek:

Depending on how the wood elve list is built you might have trouble catching them so more shooting might be nice, then on the other hand they can easily shoot down weapons teams anyway...

Good luck and please post the battle report :D

Rajhald
08-12-2009, 17:13
Nice list, wish I was going to be there to see it, but work calls.

You going to be around saturday?

Foegnasher
08-12-2009, 19:49
Nice list, wish I was going to be there to see it, but work calls.

You going to be around saturday?

man i want to, but i got a 16th bday to go to AND my sons first b-ball game. dunno if i'm gonna get to make the meeting.

meowser
09-12-2009, 01:48
wheres the doomwheel? all kids field those now

Foegnasher
09-12-2009, 01:57
wheres the doomwheel? all kids field those now

Too random and wonky. I will get one, because the model is awesome.

But I doubt I will field one regularly.

warhawk95
09-12-2009, 03:32
Solid list and I think the HPA and WLC cannon is a solid rare combo. Wouldnt be fun to face with all that magic and models plus the HPA is tough on its own. Should tear apart the woodies they wont be able to take it all. One question foegnasher have you tried the plague catpult at all yet, imagine its synergy with wither is good but didnt know if you have found success with it. I think in a list like this it might help for some of those tougher units because you only have the HPA for high strength (WLC isnt exactly consistent) attacks.

Foegnasher
09-12-2009, 05:03
Solid list and I think the HPA and WLC cannon is a solid rare combo. Wouldnt be fun to face with all that magic and models plus the HPA is tough on its own. Should tear apart the woodies they wont be able to take it all. One question foegnasher have you tried the plague catpult at all yet, imagine its synergy with wither is good but didnt know if you have found success with it. I think in a list like this it might help for some of those tougher units because you only have the HPA for high strength (WLC isnt exactly consistent) attacks.

i got to units of plague censers, the plague preist, the cannon, the hpa, and the warpfire-throwas.

all hit hard. i got a TON of ranked units, all of which can own the woodies.

big magic too, i hope i dont miscast myself into a loss.

haven't played with teh plague flinger yet, still haveing to learn guess ranges with the cannon!

Zarroc
09-12-2009, 06:02
Storm banner wouldnt go astray against wood elves, fair enough will affect your shooting, but a turn or 2, to close with the enemy be good, and would add extra protection to your own shooting things

- 3 to hit weop teams, yes please

ALso maybe consider the shadow magnet trinket ^^

Foegnasher
09-12-2009, 12:59
Storm banner wouldnt go astray against wood elves, fair enough will affect your shooting, but a turn or 2, to close with the enemy be good, and would add extra protection to your own shooting things

- 3 to hit weop teams, yes please

ALso maybe consider the shadow magnet trinket ^^

normally i would take it.

but he wants to see some of the shooty. so i'ma give it to him.

warhawk95
09-12-2009, 13:12
Im not saying this list doesnt hit hard, well I did but I didnt type it correctly. What I should have said was something more along the lines of with the censors and the heavy magic phase I could see the plague flinger being effective here with good synergy with the rest of the list, but the WLC is just as valid a choice.

KayazyAssassin
10-12-2009, 10:02
with your friend wanting to play what he will normally see at tourneys im surprised to not see a screaming bell or plague furnace

Foegnasher
10-12-2009, 13:12
with your friend wanting to play what he will normally see at tourneys im surprised to not see a screaming bell or plague furnace

that's what i told him.

but i dont have the model yet. :(

anyway, he plays shoot and scoot elves. he'd never engage the things anyway.