PDA

View Full Version : painboy cost?

Bathawk
08-12-2009, 02:48
Hey I know in the Ork codex here are a few incorrect calculations on point costs, but one I'm curious about is the painboy

the actual Nobz entry says "One Nob may be a painboy +30pts."

I assume this means a nob can be upgraded to painboy for an extra thirty points for a total cost of 50pts.

but in the Ork infantry horde example, they say a painboy is simply a thirty point "add-on" for your existing Nob Squad....which is it?

BaloOrk
08-12-2009, 03:22
Hey I know in the Ork codex here are a few incorrect calculations on point costs, but one I'm curious about is the painboy

the actual Nobz entry says "One Nob may be a painboy +30pts."

I assume this means a nob can be upgraded to painboy for an extra thirty points for a total cost of 50pts.

Yes, thats how i roll.

but in the Ork infantry horde example, they say a painboy is simply a thirty point "add-on" for your existing Nob Squad....which is it?

Uh? Ill go with the above.

Clang
08-12-2009, 03:55
Yes, the 30 pts is to upgrade a nob to a painboy (page 98). Ditto to upgrade one flash git on page 103.

Where is this 'Ork infantry horde example'?

Bathawk
08-12-2009, 04:08
there are three examples of 1500pt. Ork armies in the photo section a two page spread for an "Ork Infantry horde" a "Speedy Freaks army" and a "Mek horde"

while I don't have the codex with me, I believe the unit in question was 5 nobz, two with twin-linked shootas, a waugh banner, power klaw, painboy with a grot orderly

Clang
08-12-2009, 18:46
oh, you mean unit 5 on page 83. Yes, it's confusingly labelled as '5' nobs despite there being 6 figures including the painboy, I think the 190 points is just a typo due to someone not checking their maths properly, the unit should either be 210 points or lose one nob.

Bathawk
09-12-2009, 03:50
...and the pics show two models with power klaws, not just one

oh it's not just the infantry horde, the "bonecrusha" and and the "gobsmacker" under the battlewagon entry are also overpriced by 10 and 5 points respectively

I wonder if it was due to sloppy editing or last minute point cost revisions?

Thud
09-12-2009, 04:15
Probably best suited for the aptly titled 40k Rules Forum, don't you think?

Lyonator
09-12-2009, 06:50
Taking examples of point costs from anywhere in a GW book other than the army list section, not such a great idea.

Archangel_Ruined
09-12-2009, 22:55
If we're discussing the idea of GW consistency then it belongs in the rumours section, not the rules forum...

GrogDaTyrant
09-12-2009, 23:02
I never pay much attention to the sample army lists built within each codex or army book. There is rarely much thought put into them beyond showcasing new models or units. So relying on them as examples for rules isn't advised as mistakes are common. A good example of such a blunder, is in the Vampire Counts army book where the sample army is listed with a Blood Knight Kastellan equipped with a magic item that is not a weapon. The army list is very specific that the Kastellan is only allowed to purchase a magic weapon.