http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748505/vids_1.html?fromint=1

:D :D :D

need i say more?

Cheesejoff
18-05-2005, 19:41
That was...just....*explodes*

neXus6
18-05-2005, 22:43
I don't get it all can get is some crap Jeep advert.

But what I can say...Unreal on the PS3, what ********, First person shooters on the PC are far far better.

Ass Goblin
18-05-2005, 23:06
Woah...Just woah.

Inquisitor Engel
19-05-2005, 00:48
I hate PC Gaming Snobs...

Oh, and the Killzone 2 preview I saw last night on G4 TV has officially converted me. I'm sold on a PS3.

neXus6
19-05-2005, 01:06
I totaly agree.

Normally your an okay guy, certainly of late, but I don't have to take that.

FPS are simply easier to control with a Keyboard and Mouse. Just like sport games like Pro Evo and Fifa are totaly lame on the PC but great on consoles.
My point stands, mate.

Shuya
19-05-2005, 01:17
Look at the vid agian nexus and this time go past the advert and press play again and youll see our point

that is some nice graphics, still not gonna change my mind, im getting a xbox2. And a ps3 after :D (nice to out of school today and starting work after me exams)

neXus6
19-05-2005, 01:27
Oh no I knew it would look amazing, I'm not slating the power of the new machines, and it really really does. But it would look that amazing on a PC and the keyboard and mouse is an easier control system is all I'm saying.

And as it says in the second video they took a lot of the designing tech from PC and used it. Which means it will work very nicely on a PC cause I can't see it being PS3 only. :cool:

DisruptorX
19-05-2005, 02:21
And as it says in the second video they took a lot of the designing tech from PC and used it. Which means it will work very nicely on a PC cause I can't see it being PS3 only. :cool:

It is being released for PC.

In any event, yet another boring first person shooter game interests me not. The FPS genre hit its peak with Halflife in 1998, untill something revolutionary comes along, I think I'll pass.

neXus6
19-05-2005, 02:36
I'd pretty much have to agree with Disruptor on that...though it was a 2 year long high point cause Unreal Tournament was released in 1999.

That was the high point in terms of actually new ideas, but tanked up graphics is always a good thing. Now what we need is Soldier of Fortune 3 done with those graphics and updated location damage from SoF2 ... that would be a game well worth buying.

alterion
19-05-2005, 08:54
yawn.. you do realsie thyat these are "estimations" of the power of these consoles done by pc's mostly?... certainly for the ps3

Jedi152
19-05-2005, 13:00
I'm really falling for the ps3 already. With news that Metal Gear Solid 4 (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/index.html) is in production already, the killzone 2 vid and the fact that as one of the technical clips for PS3 they remade the FinalFantasy VII (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/index.html) opening, Sony is pushing all the right buttons.

(if you can, check the mgs4 clip. It is really quite funny, involving Snake and Raiden fighting each other for the title of 'main character'!)

plasmadaemon
19-05-2005, 16:46
guys, sorry to dissapoint you but killzone 2 is not a real-time video, it has been rendered before, on the other hand, the Unreal 2007 vid is in real-time (so no rendering beforehand)

And computers are the best, sure the new consoles will be very hardcore but in a few months time computers will overtake the consoles and consoles will then do the same etc...

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=470371 - thread about this

Frodo34x
21-05-2005, 12:08
Anyway, there's the 18 month rule, which I'm assuming sorta applies to consoles.

So for 18 motnhs the PS3 might have the best technology, but after that...

The pestilent 1
21-05-2005, 15:16
Power, fancy good looks and a hard **** advertising campaign, a good game do not make.
more substance is needed, for example would you seriously want to marry a women who looked great, but didnt have the two brain cells to rub together to further her kind?
i sincerly hope not.

and that is how the games industry should be. but it isnt. and that is why i'll stick to those who care for the gameplay, and not solely the good looks thankyouverymuch.

Frodo34x
21-05-2005, 17:50
Killzone is a great example, IMHO, of overhyping a game.

On a slight tangent, Call of Duty 2 looks great. I just hope the MP is more like the original than UO.