PDA

View Full Version : new 40k army help.

Scarecrow808
08-12-2009, 08:32
as it states in the title, i need help to choose a new army, so far i have it narrowed down to:
Eldar- Undecided craftworld
tyranids- possibly krakken?

ok the reason for eldar: well, they just look plain fantastic
the reason for tyranids: even though ive played 'nids before, i kind of miss the little critters
so, can any other nid or eldar players, or anyone elses for that matter, help me to decide which of those 2 armies to collect next.

as always,
the scarecrow:D

grissom2006
08-12-2009, 09:29
I'd say go with the Nids after new Codex is out in the new year for them and a number of new units. Eldar are good but a number people claim certain items of wargear no longer work in 5th Edition.

Aurenian
08-12-2009, 09:50
go with the army you think is coolest. The cool army becomes YOUR army and you'll come up with your own playstyle to make them work on the battlefield regardless of how old their rules are.
this factor also helps with painting them :P

Scarecrow808
08-12-2009, 20:53
ok, well i like both of them, they are both also fantastic, but i just cannot decide which one is cooler, the nids are looking a bit lower on the list, but then again maybe it is because i want some fire dragons?

BobTheZombie
08-12-2009, 21:31
Get both, overspend wildly, get into debt. It works for me.

Pick up the codexes if you haven't already, and just see which inspire you more. That's all you can do. If you're torn, there isn't much anyone else can do to help you decide; ultimately it's down to you.

Scarecrow808
08-12-2009, 23:25
well, i think youre right bobthezombie, ok, i will buy codex eldar, and when codex nids comes out, i will buy that, and i will go from there, any advice on a standard eldar unit paint scheme?

The Lord of Banes
08-12-2009, 23:31
If your doing Eldar, bright colors with a dark contrast. The bulk of the armour should be a bright color though, they like that, if its mostly dark colors people will start to say you should do DE.

GrimZAG
09-12-2009, 00:02
ok the reason for eldar: well, they just look plain fantastic
the reason for tyranids: even though ive played 'nids before, i kind of miss the little critters

ELDAR!!!

It seems you think they are 'cooler' than 'Nids. Always go with the 'cooler' option because it's well rewarded when you make it your own.

Scarecrow808
09-12-2009, 01:56
thanks for the tip and opinion(s) GrimZag and The Lord Of Banes, i think, that after the xmas 'rush' i will buy up some elday stuff, but.. what do i get first after the 'dex?

Zulais
09-12-2009, 04:23
If you really enjoyed the Tyranid before you quit them, get them with the new codex! Although there will be a lot of new Tyranid players running around, and you may feel compelled to start Eldar and make a Tyranid destroying list...

Scarecrow808
09-12-2009, 05:31
you know what? i just had exactly the same thought, so thank you zulais, i appreciate the idea

Luisjoey
09-12-2009, 14:52
if i were you... PLAY BOTH! ;)

start with nids because they come with a new codex, and next with eldars... two armies are better than one ;)

Scarecrow808
09-12-2009, 19:57
true true, two heads are better than one, so i will just have to do that.