PDA

View Full Version : Getting back on the GW wagon!

CherryMan
09-12-2009, 12:07
So, after planing my return to the Fantasy world, the time is drawing near to purchase my first Battalion box from the vampire counts set, together with a box of Empire state troopers (to convert my zombie horde with) and a nice finish with 2 vampire models (vlad and conrad are really nice minis so I think Ill go with those).

The thing is that one of my mates has also had his fantasy interest awoken, and is determined to play Chaos. Watching the battalion boxed set they have made me wonder how I, in a small starter game, could counter what he gets in the box. Its been a while since I (and he) played the regular fantasy, but I immediately started to work on tactics. They get some damn hard units in the box, the Knights to mention one unit, and he can easily play the champion as a counts as hero. His regular Warriors will also be a huge threat I imagine.

How would I as a vamp player with a relatively small force counter this army (its pretty obvious what he will be using, judging from what you get form the battalion box)?

Magic Karl
09-12-2009, 12:32
With what you've said, you're basically buggered. Whereas the Chaos Battalion is essentailly an army, the VC battalion is just a buffer. Not only that but the chaos battalion contains a counter to everything you get: manouverable wolves and cavalry, hard hiting warriors and a decent sized marauder unit to counter your "strength in numbers". The best advice is leave the zombies out of the list and raise them behind the enemy's line later in the game, and your characters are ESSENTIAL for victory; kit them out to be hammers to your troop anvil.

Sons of Blight
09-12-2009, 13:02
you may need to get a few more units to match his points - grave guard are great - and or banshee with some wraiths (keep it at unit minimum -3 ) it'll still be tough but maybe they can balance it a bit.

warhawk95
09-12-2009, 13:19
get some wraiths to help out they will cut through most things he has. Fell bats are nast too they can take down his wolves or you can throw them at his knighs if need be and tie them up for a turn and let wraiths flank him. So yea wraiths and bats.

Jind_Singh
10-12-2009, 03:03
Wraiths as everyone has mentioned, and a box of bret horseman - to convert your 10 grave gaurd into 10 Black Knights - take that Chaos!

ChaosVC
10-12-2009, 03:28
Wraiths as everyone has mentioned, and a box of bret horseman - to convert your 10 grave gaurd into 10 Black Knights - take that Chaos!

Take what? You have present for me???