PDA

View Full Version : SKAVEN vs Dark Elves Tomorrow Night

Sloppyjayman
09-12-2009, 13:36
Me and a good friend of mine are playing tomorrow night. I am fielding my Skaven Hoard. Both of us don't customize for a specific game. These armies are in preparation for a tournament in March 2010.

My List:

Grey Seer - Skalm, dispel scroll
Warlock - Lvl 1, WL magic item (on a 5+ I get an extra power dice, D6+2 WL)
Plague Priest - LVL 2, Flail, Plague Furnace

25 Clanrats - Musician, STD, Shield, Ratling Gun
25 Clanrats - Musician, STD, Shield, Ratling Gun

21 Slaves - MUS
21 Slaves - MUS

23 Giant Rats - 2 Handlers
23 Giant Rats - 2 Handlers

4 Rat Swarms

30 Plague Monks - Full Command, Storm Banner
24 Plague Monks - Full Command

Hell Pit Abomination

DoomWheel

Power Dice - 9 + 1 (on a 5+ every turn)
Dispel Dice - 5 + dispel scroll

The plan is to send my plague monks with furnace and rat swarms to tie up his bad boys (hydra, black guard, or cold ones) and use my abundance of units to flank and magic him to death.

The storm banner allows me to get to his shooting without really taking a big hit.

Any general Ccanges you guys can suggest would be appreciated

Holesto
09-12-2009, 14:23
Take what I say with a grain of salt cuz I'm new to skaven as well.

First upgrade your warlock to level 2 and give him a doooomrocket. That thing is nasty. Your grey seer should take the foul pendant to give him at least some protection.

Plague priest looks good.
I'd personally drop the ratling guns and the rat swarms and get another unit of clanrats.

Why 2 units o plague monks? They're too expensive for what they do IMO. Drop the smaller unit and get some PCB.

Lastly I would take a warp lightning cannon instead of a doomwheel. The doomwheel is too random for my tastes and I haven't had much luck with it.

Good luck!

blackjack
09-12-2009, 14:49
I agree. Monks without a furnace are like a dog without a bone. I would drop 24 monks for Censors as well.

Sloppyjayman
09-12-2009, 14:57
Its funny you say drop the DoomWheel. I just bought one and put it together. I have used it twice so far and it has exploded before it did anything both times. I am a fan of the WLC too but i am going to try it a few more times before shelfing it.

I use the ratling guns to take care of fast cavalry and the rat swarms deal with slowing or stopping a flank.

Why drop the 24 plague monks for more clanrats? The only benefit to having clan rats is the weapons teams? or am i missing something

Foegnasher
09-12-2009, 17:31
Why drop the 24 plague monks for more clanrats? The only benefit to having clan rats is the weapons teams? or am i missing something

Common misconception. Clanrats are there to be bodies. They are not there just to get weapons teams. 1 unit of clanrats won't do much. But 5? Well, there will be a flank somwhere.

Clanrats are the teeming hordes. More equals better.