PDA

View Full Version : Righteous Smiting and characters

gerrymander61
09-12-2009, 20:03
Alright, I'm playing a proxy game in three days as Tomb Kings. I'm normally a Skaven player and as such am very attracted to the potential for sneaky maneuvering and dirty tricks that a Tomb Kings army can use.

Anyways, on to my question. I noticed how fantastic the Destroyer of Eternities is, and how you can use Righteous Smiting to use the special attack. Now, I know that a unit can only be affected by this incantation once per phase regardless of the source, but what would happen if say, I had a unit of warriors led by a Tomb King with the Destroyer of Eternities in combat with an enemy unit. Suppose then that I used the Tomb King's "My Will be Done!" to Righteous Smiting himself and himself only, and then tried to cast Righteous Smiting again, but this time on the unit he was with. Is this legal? Would he then get a 2nd round of Destroyer of Eternities fun and murder? Would the entire rest of the unit get to attack and the Tomb King would stand around picking his nose?

Ramius4
09-12-2009, 20:07
No. That's complete and utter Shenanigans.

Kalandros
09-12-2009, 20:19
You cast the spell on a unit, the Tomb King is part of the unit and is therefore not a unit of his own until he leaves.

nosferatu1001
09-12-2009, 20:40
+1 to above - you have just, in a roundabout way, tried to affect teh same "unit" twice - which you are explicitly denied from doing.

gerrymander61
09-12-2009, 21:19
Fair enough, it did seem like a stretch at the time. Oh well, it would have been great to see my opponent's face if it was legal.

tarrasque
10-12-2009, 08:43
you only get the doe 2 times in your turn 1 in his (not counting miscast).
and trust me that is more then enouf