PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Bike Seer Council question

Roarschach
10-12-2009, 02:03
I've heard I can mount a Seer council on bikes, but I don't see any models for this anywhere. Do I have to convert the council on bikes myself? And if I do, are there any good guides on how to do this?

Thanks.

Hicks
10-12-2009, 02:10
You will have to do it yourself. As for a guide, it depends how close you want the models to ressemble the normal robed warlocks and farseers.

Some people just use dire avenger bits, while others will sculpt helmets and robes in greenstuff. The High Elf mounted mage is also a very good base model to use, but he is expensive moneywise.

Netfreakk
10-12-2009, 02:15
Yea, you have to do it urself. It really depends on how much detail you want on the models.

The most expensive way / easiest way would be to buy warlocks and guardian jet bikes and snip here and there and presto seer council on bikes.

Another thing I've seen was the use of shining spears with dire avenger swords, due to people not playing shining spears that often it was different than the guardians on bikes, but not that much conversion needed.

Roarschach
10-12-2009, 02:18
OK, that's gonna be a pain, but whatever. I don't know why they don't make those models even though tons of Eldar armies use them.
Thanks anyways!

Karhedron
10-12-2009, 11:59
OK, that's gonna be a pain, but whatever. I don't know why they don't make those models even though tons of Eldar armies use them.

Lots of armies have missing units, Space Wolf Thunderwolves are another that spring easily to mind.

Part of the reason is tat the Jetbikes themselves are very old models and they probably don't want to spend time on them. We know Jes Goodwin has sculpted some new (and very tasty-looking) jetbikes. Hopefully they will be released sooner rather than later and they will make upgrades such as Warlock and Shining spear riders at the same time.

Poseidal
10-12-2009, 12:17
Warlocks and Farseers on Jetbikes have been missing since the 2nd edition codex though.

PaddyF
10-12-2009, 12:20
Not many people took them until recently since they are quite powerful now.

Monday night had Ragnar, Wolf Priest, Wolf Guard and 12 Blood Claws assault a unit with Farseer, 6 Warlocks and an Autarch on bikes. Killed 5 Blood Claws and made 39 saves with my Fortune Rerolls.

That was pretty jammy but the look on the guys face was priceless.

Lord_Squinty
10-12-2009, 17:26

Not many people took them because the Seer Council weren't allowed to ride jetbikes in the previous codex craftworld.

Badger[Fr]
10-12-2009, 17:35
The main reason people didn't bother with Seer Councils until 5th Edition was the crazy brokenness of the infamous Eldar Flying Circus.

Thirdeye
10-12-2009, 17:45
The easiest way to do it is to just stick the models on weapon’s platforms and move them like bikes.

jams86
10-12-2009, 21:17
alternatively mount them on vypers minus the turret a la nuadhu from the 3rd ed codex

[SD] Bob Plisskin
10-12-2009, 23:00
There was a guide on some GW site for making a autarch and a jetbike that could be useful if you can find it. I do reccommend that you just get some bitz and some greenstuff (or cheaper equivelent) its the best way to learn to make kickass models!

I've made one Farseer for my first Eldar Army and that was a lot of fun. I'm planning on making a council when I get the money together just for the fun of it.

Johnmclane
10-12-2009, 23:30
I made mine using wood elf glade riders I think. Good capes with gemstones.
I also bought some shining spears and made them like Shining spears/seer council changeable.
If you don't make the paintscheme too different from your normal jetbikes you can use them as fancy guardian jetbikes. I bought the apocalypse jetbike box as well, converting the vipers to a bikes for an autarch (looks good with the autarch standing in the saddle with the low flying stand.