PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Base problem

charlie_c67
28-01-2006, 23:37
I've recently bought some new dwarfs for my army, some slayers and some miners, and both the boxed set and the blister have come with the slotta bases that don't allow you to rank up. Am I the only one to have this problem or is it an old well known one? I bought some Ironbreakers at the same time and their bases were correct.

We'renotbrainlessanymore
31-01-2006, 06:07
Two ways to handle this. Neither are to easy to form them in ranks though. Some you can arrange them on slant and some on flat and you might get to fit. The other way is to get the nonslotted bases and cut out the slots your self and that will guarantee them to fit. But either way I would recommend you numbering the bottom so you can get them to fit every time.

Griefbringer
31-01-2006, 07:53
You mean they came with the vertically slotted bases, while you would have wanted the diagonally slotted bases?

In this case the easiest option would be to just get some of the suitably slotted bases. I have some in my drawer, if you were living in the neighbourhood I could easily give some for you.

In the worst case you can go and buy a bag (GW makes a bag of 64, my local store sells it for 5.50 euros or so), or if you go to the store (or contact MO trolls) the staff might be kindly to just rip open one bag and supply you with the suitable bases.

charlie_c67
31-01-2006, 16:08
Yeah I've been and asked already for the ironbreakers. Just wondered if this was gonna happen everytime I bought something dwarfy. If that's the case i might as well buy a bag of the proper bases.

Unforgiven
01-02-2006, 08:33
Slayers absolutely suck to rank up (acursed big axes!). But I'd agree with Imnotbrainlessanymore.

Crube
01-02-2006, 09:00
Heh, just had the same problem with my Eternal Guard...I ordered specific poses to help them rank up (ie spears raised at the back, spears pointing out at the front)

They came with the horizontal slotta bases, not the diagonal ones, which I only realised means they dont rank up properly after spending 3 lunch hours in Friar Lane GW assembling them...

Spent last night cutting the bases off and replacing them with diagonal ones form my big bag o'bases. Now, all rank up lovely...:D

bigchris1313
01-02-2006, 09:12
Just go buy a bag of diagonal slotta bases. GW might have monkeys filling the boxes, but it's not really worth your time when you can shell out a few bucks to fix the problem. And they give you a helluva lotta bases in that bag.

Griefbringer
02-02-2006, 08:26
Also, you can use the left-over bases for putting some non-GW figures on suitably sized bases (or to re-base second-hand models).

BlazeXI
02-02-2006, 09:10
or you could use a regimental base for the front row and rank the rest of them to the first row before guleing into bases and painting.

oh, and the new resculpted slayers are easier to rank up, as are the new two slayers smaller so you could stick them between the old ones.