PDA

View Full Version : Most powerfull psyker

Azmodan666
10-12-2009, 17:42
Hi there.

I wanna see your opinion on most powerfull psyker, but let us focus on psykers avaliable in game. So no emperror/god's of chaos Etc.

Rule wise and fluff wise.

Rule wise i would say eldrad is moste powerfull (as for psyker) but he is terrible in Hth. On the other hand Mephiston is great IC but his spells are designed for Hth so I would not call him a sorceror in the "pure way"

Fluff wise - i Vote for Ahriman well a guy who has a potential to became a chaos god is my number 1. too bad he ussualy kills him self on the table top

Simon Sez
10-12-2009, 17:57
The Apex Twins. I remember reading about them on GW's website and they were chilling, taking out a Black Ship full of people singularly adept at handling psykers.

jlmb_123
10-12-2009, 18:06
I'm relatively certain that this has been discussed before, regularly. Try a 'search' and answer's should be found.

Mannimarco
10-12-2009, 20:51
second vote for the apex twins

gotta love that alpha level goodness

Xyrex
11-12-2009, 00:59
Most powerful psychers= ork weirdboys, in fluff, the only reason orks dont rule the world yet is because they dont know their psychic potential. (red ones go fasta, working guns, stompas dont fall apart) As for in de game, da ork weirdboyz are still pownage- 1=you die, 2=you die, 3= enemy model dies, 4= all enemy models die, 5= all models on table die, and 6= planet explodes in a giant fireball and some psycher somewhere sits down and says "I feel a disturbance in the warp, as though a million voices cried out and were silensed" The hairy ogryn next to him roars, and the smuggler says it's BS

Scorpius_78
11-12-2009, 02:09
Most powerful psychers= ork weirdboys, in fluff, the only reason orks dont rule the world yet is because they dont know their psychic potential. (red ones go fasta, working guns, stompas dont fall apart) As for in de game, da ork weirdboyz are still pownage- 1=you die, 2=you die, 3= enemy model dies, 4= all enemy models die, 5= all models on table die, and 6= planet explodes in a giant fireball and some psycher somewhere sits down and says "I feel a disturbance in the warp, as though a million voices cried out and were silensed" The hairy ogryn next to him roars, and the smuggler says it's BS

lol

Fluff wise i gota say Ahriman

Well over ten thousand years old
A host of Thousand Sons at his back and call
Access to the webway

The list can go on but you get my point.

w00tm0ng3r
11-12-2009, 04:30
I'm putting my money on Eldrad. The Eldar's most powerful psyker, master manipulator, guide/figurehead for basically his entire race, badass enough to wtfpwn Abbadon in melee, and possibly strong enough to give effin Slaanesh the finger (and by that I mean he has a couple spirit stones still functioning). The guy's practically Eldar Calgar.

Nimm
11-12-2009, 06:23
Makiri until he got sat on. And eated. And dead.

Icarus
11-12-2009, 06:27
Seconding Eldrad. The Eldar are an entire race of psykers and he is their undisputed best. His futuresight is unrivalled amongst mortals and distinguishing amongst the myriad futures is supposed to be the hardest feat for a psyker to accomplish. Plus he's no slacker in the psychic combat department. As mentioned above, he's taken on Abddaon and won. Plus he was able to distribute his soul between many different waystones and still function incredibly well when making his attempt to commune with the corrupted Blackstone Fortress. And he may well not actually be destroyed in the warp, despite Slaanesh getting her teeth into him. That's pretty damn impressive.

The Custodian
11-12-2009, 06:43
Um, the emperor?? The apex twins are cool but they were an unrefined force of nature...

Rules wise I say eldrad, followed by maybe njal...

But since you don't want the big E then my vote if for eldrad also...

Son of Sanguinius
11-12-2009, 07:52
Being a psyker includes different facets or disciplines, ranging from telekinesis to telepathy to pyromancy. You can be the most powerful telepath, but does that mean you are more powerful than the most powerful telekinetic sorcerer? Eldrad is(was) no doubt the best mortal at foresight, but does that mean he's got more biomantic power than anyone?

You also have to consider demons and other creatures of the warp, some of whom are said to make those on the Imperial scale look like wimps. Though apparently demonic psychic powers are so awesome in the game they don't even count as being psychic powers.

According to the game rules, the current most effective that I have seen are Njal, Eldrad, and Mephiston, in that order. Njal can tear the heart out of almost any army if he survives through the game, Eldrad can make his Elfy-friends into super soldiers, and Mephiston has a good chance of slaughtering almost any non vehicle model he touches.

pookie
11-12-2009, 10:07
Rumored to be Tigirius - although thats just UM propagander! after all a Good application of a power fist sorts any Psyker out! :D filthy Mutants :evilgrin:

TheShadowCow
11-12-2009, 11:07
Rumored to be Tigirius - although thats just UM propagander! after all a Good application of a power fist sorts any Psyker out! :D filthy Mutants :evilgrin:

Well, he did manage to look at the Tyranid Hive Mind and not be driven entirely insane, so that's something for mental discipline if nothing else.

Eldrad was (as said) amazing when it comes to divinination, but raw power? I think not. After all, he was unable to stop a Blackstone from eating his soul.

Azmodan666
11-12-2009, 11:37
When comparing Eldrad and abaddon rules i wonder how he won. But fluff is fluff

But still nobody responded who is the best psycher - rule wise

Idaan
11-12-2009, 12:31
That's exactly how he won: ruleswise.
There was a battle report just prior to the EoT campaign with the Eldar trying to stop 13th Black Crusade from happening. As it happened, Eldrad and his Seer Council got charged by Abaddon and after losing all Warlocks Eldrad managed to take the last wound off him.
This was later written off as Chaos Gods spiriting Abby away at the last moment.

pookie
11-12-2009, 15:28
That's exactly how he won: ruleswise.
There was a battle report just prior to the EoT campaign with the Eldar trying to stop 13th Black Crusade from happening. As it happened, Eldrad and his Seer Council got charged by Abaddon and after losing all Warlocks Eldrad managed to take the last wound off him.
This was later written off as Chaos Gods spiriting Abby away at the last moment.

just like the re-write of Tycho surviving a Weirdboy attack....

Idaan
11-12-2009, 20:37
Well I'm not saying that this was a wrong thing. Clearly they couldn't kill him off before his campaign started. And the way it was described was awesome too, making Eldrad seem badass but in a subdued and Eldar-y way. If the Gods didn't whisk Abaddon away, he would have died there too, impaled by Drach'nyen.
Not like the over the top crap in certain other codex whose name begins and ends with an s, with "...pace Marine..." inbetween.

LordLucan
11-12-2009, 20:59
The Hive Mind.

qwertyuiop
11-12-2009, 22:42
The hive mind is a hive, a collection of minds building to one collective psychic force, it isn't just one psyker. well not that we know of yet...

my money's on sarpedon. psychic hood means he can nullify most psychic powers and then vortex/talon people to death. hes the most physically powerful after the psychic hood has done it's job.

Vesica
11-12-2009, 22:43
The Emperor.

Strong enough to kill a god powered Primarch with one blow, was driven enough to unite the broken and fallen race of man into the most powerful race in the Universe, not to mention his name is enough to scare daemons of the warp.

Dont think their is anyone else who has stood against all 4 gods and come out fighting.

Gdolkin
12-12-2009, 00:35
Mephiston's the best-lookin'
Seriously, Ahriman.

Azmodan666
12-12-2009, 08:26
I just love when people don't read.
For all of you who wrote: emperror, hive mind, plz read the first post thank you.

Khaeron Baoth
12-12-2009, 09:21
How we would count creatures like greater demons, surely then Fateweaver would be best, otherwise Ahriman

TheShadowCow
12-12-2009, 19:50
The Lord of Change special character Forge World have just released would be a serious contender for this title - so magically powerful it's just unreal. Unlikely to have quite as good a grasp on the future as a good Eldar Farseer, but the Lords of Change are absolute beasts in just about every psychic arena you care to pick.

MrSatan
12-12-2009, 20:47
Where can you read the apex twins story?

Idaan
12-12-2009, 22:28
There was a story on GW site detailing heroes and villains of the Inquisition. Sadly, it's gone with the reorganisation of the site into a giant flash ad.

Dunno if it wasn't a reprint of something though.