PDA

View Full Version : Catachan Commanders

Brother Alexos
11-12-2009, 04:21
Ok, I will be making the dreaded Crapachans, as regiments other than this and cadians are too expensive. That and Catachan armies are hard to come by in my town (which is weird, this is LV, Afterall) and I want to create the Catachan 18th 'Swamp Rats'. Upon the reading of the fluff tomes, I found that they have a commander named Colonel Gator.

I instantly thought "why is he named that?" and came to the conclusion that this was an area to make my own fluff/rules. Only thing is, I need help on the whole "rules" part, as I don't want him to be too powerful. For the army overall, I was thinking these rules:

Tactica Koralkl VIII: On the swamp world of Koralkl VIII, The Catachan XVIII developed many unorthadox tactics. One such tactic was to cut the Adrenal glands out of a Lictor and luring in the Nids.

This only works on Veteran squads, It makes it to where all Tyranid units out of area of a Hive Link must roll a D6 and move D6" towards a designated area, when the Tyranids reach the Designated area, the player controlling the Imperial Guard rolls on a table to tell if the trap is sprung successfully or not:

1-2: Crack!- The unit cannot attack this turn, and are exposed to the Tyranids

3: Oh, to hell with this, Charge! The unit breaks cover and attacks early, while the Tyranids are too far away, the Tyranids strike first.

4: Whats that? The unit sends out one model to see whats happening. If there is a unit of tyranids within 3" of him, the unit charges, striking first, but without the benefits of charging, or their close combat weapons.

5-6: Launched successfuly, the Tyranid unit is charged, with all modifiers in that unit. Shotguns are counted as Close Combat weapons.

What do you think?

Dark_Templar
11-12-2009, 05:07
Hrmm, if your logal gaming scene is cool with those house rules, then go for it.

As a personal preference, the only thing I am using Catachans for are their bodies, painted up as sneaking suits with FW rebreather heads, with localised armour and appropriate armament to count-as Stormtroopers.

marv335
11-12-2009, 07:49
I think there is no need to add special rules to the army.

gonzosbignose
11-12-2009, 08:14
Rules aside for a moment... is Colonel Gators first name 'Ali'

regards

My name is Daniel and I am a wargamer

pookie
11-12-2009, 12:51
OT - so these Catachans know the various ways that a Nids biology works eh.... :rolleyes:

id stear clear of trying to invent rules for your force, unless its a 'house rule' as above has already said.

Rules aside for a moment... is Colonel Gators first name 'Ali'

regards

My name is Daniel and I am a wargamer

LMAO! nice!

Brother Alexos
11-12-2009, 12:59
Okey doke, I will see what the others say.

pookie
11-12-2009, 15:24
Okey doke, I will see what the others say.

its probably a better idea than random people on the interweb! after all who cares what we think if they say yes/no?