PDA

View Full Version : New January WD

Flying Toaster
11-12-2009, 15:31
I just received my January Wd on subscription today, I was wondering if anyone else has? It just seems a little early, ya know 11th of Dec is a bit weird for the January issue. You can ask me whats in it if anyone is interested. Mods can close this if its already been discussed somewhere else, thanks!

Fenrir
11-12-2009, 16:00
Whats in it/on the cover?

mattjgilbert
11-12-2009, 16:03
Carnifex on the cover (mine turned up too... I only recently got the last one!)

Nids inside, scenarios for skaven, LotD article, LotR tactics article. Painting/modelling nids and LotD.

Hellfury
11-12-2009, 16:06
Biggest news, even if you do not play or hate LOtR is ...

Plastic fellbeasts.

Oh yeah baby, thats going to see a lot of conversion around various games for sure.

Flying Toaster
11-12-2009, 16:16
Whats in it/on the cover?

Its got a big carnifex on the front.

Alot of stuff about the new tyranids including some of the new rules (Ask me if you want to post specifics because theyre all strung out through out the articles on them.

Salamanders vs Tyranids batRep

New books coming out including

Dark Creed - a wordbearers novel
Shadow king - A book about high elves
Sons of dorn - about imperial fist scouts

Article - How to paint Legion of the Damned

Two Articles for Skaven

Standard Bearer was different this time without Jervis Johnson not presenting it.

The Feb WD will include

Plastic Fellbeasts
New beastmen armies book
And a planetstrike attackers tactica.

Tonberry
11-12-2009, 16:35
Mine came today too. My guess is that they shipped them all early to avoid people getting annoyed if they were delayed over the Christmas period.

RevEv
11-12-2009, 17:13
Nice surprise when I came in today - WD turned up but not the waterproof Bible I ordered ages ago!

Art Is Resistance
11-12-2009, 17:16
I have to say, the 'designers notes' for the 'Nid Codex is probably the worst yet. It's not even subtle - 'oooh the new units are teh best cos we got new figs for them'!

not to mention, it's continuing the trend for units with no minis - one of the (few) things I hate about GW right now - give us rules, but no mini to use them with!

A really, really poor issue. The only saving graces? The Skaven threads, and the LOTD masterclass.

Wintermute
11-12-2009, 19:19
If you wish to comment upon the new January 2010 issue of WD, then do so in the official thread which can be found here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234809).

Wintermute