PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen: Speculation, Wishlisting and Discussion Thread

The SkaerKrow
11-12-2009, 19:01
Warhammer Armies: Beastmen is right around the proverbial corner (February 2010), and we're eagerly awaiting the first bits of confirmed information to begin trickling in (you can familiarize yourself with the current crop of rumored changes here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4135554#post4135554)). Since the Beastmen seem to be a hot topic for the purposes of prognosticating, pontificating, proselytizing and Pumbagoring, and because the official rumor discussion thread keeps veering wildly off course, I thought that it might be worthwhile to create a topic for...off-topic Beastmen discussion.

Some things to chew on...

Ungors perhaps can use short bows, and come on 20mm bases!

Mixed Herds are perhaps gone!

So are Dragon Ogres, Chaos Ogres and Chaos Trolls!

But at least Minotaurs are plastic now!

Beastmen are getting a new monstrous unit that may or may not have been inspired by a Disney character (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=pumbaa&cts=1260557966712&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi)!

Discuss.

Jiggy
11-12-2009, 19:06
And while you are at it leave the rumour roundup thread for those who can contribute.Just move all the junk talk here.

Ultimate Life Form
11-12-2009, 19:10
And while you are at it leave the rumour roundup thread for those who can contribute.Just move all the junk talk here.

So you like your rumor thread empty?:rolleyes:

Seriously though, give it up, it's hopeless. Rumor threads ARE spamholes. The Skaven thread was the same. They always were. It's just that it's more obvious now that practically no 'official' rumors exist anymore.

Malorian
11-12-2009, 19:15
So you like your rumor thread empty?:rolleyes:

Ba dum ching!

steppingonyou
11-12-2009, 19:18
rumour US, rumor [ˈruːmə]
n
a. information, often a mixture of truth and untruth, passed around verbally
b. (in combination) a rumour-monger
2. gossip or hearsay
3. Archaic din or clamour
4. Obsolete fame or reputation
vb
1. (tr; usually passive) to pass around or circulate in the form of a rumour it is rumoured that the Queen is coming
2. Literary to make or cause to make a murmuring noise
[via Old French from Latin rūmor common talk; related to Old Norse rymja to roar, Sanskrit rāut he cries]

so as you can see, rumours by nature are half truths at best. not spam.
seeing how my attempt to confirm info was met with a 2 point warning, ill be shutting up for a while.

if im asked a question that can be answered with yes or no and i can give one, expect a yes or no.

Condottiere
11-12-2009, 20:43
Isn't this in the wrong section? Unless it's purely wishlisting.

Devil Tree
11-12-2009, 22:16
Looking at the rumors, it’s pretty sad that GW neglected putting in a very important part of the Beasts background. Clearly they are in need of a Cockatrice. Beasts have goats, cows, pigs and horses, but no chickens, what’s the deal?!:wtf:

The SkaerKrow
11-12-2009, 22:21
Isn't this in the wrong section? Unless it's purely wishlisting.The topic in the rumor discussion section keeps getting derailed by things that aren't rumors. I'm just trying to give people an outlet for vaguely Beastmen related discussion, influenced vaguely by vague rumors.

The SkaerKrow
15-12-2009, 13:52
New confirmations for the Beastmen book...

Book will be printed on paper.
Cover will be in full color.
Book will include letters (numbers are rumored but unconfirmed).

PaddyF
15-12-2009, 14:04
Yeah all the army books sucked since they removed the full colour banners you could scan in and print.

The Red Scourge
15-12-2009, 14:51
New confirmations for the Beastmen book...

Book will be printed on paper.
Cover will be in full color.
Book will include letters (numbers are rumored but unconfirmed).

Darn! I was hoping for plastic :p

Nuada
15-12-2009, 15:37
Mixed Herds are perhaps gone!

Yep. Very old news...post 17 http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171626&highlight=gors+ungors :) Noone believed me in 2008 though