PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Chaos Warriors

Ancalagoth
12-12-2009, 02:38
After quite a while away from Chaos playing Dark Elves and a quite frankly rediculous Empire list, I'm returning to my first love, Warriors. As most of my existing warrior models were bought when Tuomas Pirinen did the armies book, I'm basically building again from scratch (with a few character exceptions), and want a decent list down before I start buying.

Here's my first draft. Suggestions/criticism please.

Heroes
Chaos Sorcerer 190
Mark of Tzeentch, Level 2, Dispell Scroll, Book of Secrets

Exhaulted Hero 155
Mark of Khorne, Axe of Khorne

Exhaulted Hero 165
Shield, Chaos Runesword

Core
15 Warriors 270
2 Hand Weapons, Full command

15 Warriors 270
Shield, Full Command

25 Marauders 145
Flails, Full command

5 Marauder Horsemen 100
Shields, Full Command

Special
5 Chaos Knights 250
Full Command

5 Ogres 250
Additional Hand Weapon, Full Command

Rare
Hellcannon 205

Total: 2000 Points

I wanted to include some warhounds, but I'm not sure what to cut to get them.

Ghost Warrior
12-12-2009, 09:48
Ah, FC it burns, I don't think the exoberant prices for Champions are worth it, to get hounds, cut the Knight Champ and the Ogre Champ and you have a unit. With the Maeauders, give them GWs, same points, same S5 all the time. Cut the Ogres to 4, max base to base contact and give them chaos amour. More Socerers needed. I'll draft a list when I find my book. My opinions, read them or not.

Ghost Warrior
12-12-2009, 13:33
Here's an idea from what you wrote originally:

Exalted Hero -185pts
+Chaos Runesword
+Shield
+Bloodcurdling Roar

Chaos Sorcerer -195pts
+Mark of Tzeentch
+Level 2
+Infernal Puppet
+Conjoined Homunclus

Chaos Sorcerer -190pts
+Mark of Nurgle
+Level 2
+Power Familiar
+Third Eye of Tzeentch

Chaos Warriors x18 -326pts
+Shields
+Musician
+Standard Bearer
+Rapturous Standard

Chaos Warriors x15 -313pts
+AHW
+Mark of Nurgle
+Musician
+Standard Bearer
+Festering Shroud

Chaos Marauders x20 -110pts
+Great Weapons
+Mark of Slannesh

Marauder Horsemen x5 -86pts
+Shields
+Throwing Axes
+Musician

Chaos Knights x5 -230pts
+Musician
+Standard Bearer

Chaos Ogres x4 -160pts
+AHW

Hellcannon -205pts
2000pts

warhawk95
12-12-2009, 16:19
Both lists need dog. Ghost warriors is more efficent and if you drop some chaos warriors or a chaos orger you can big some dogs. They are such a useful unit IMO, and as is you only have the horseman as throw aways/fast cav ish unit so dogs will give you a bit more versitility and redudancy.

Ancalagoth
12-12-2009, 16:37
Aah. I see. Nice list. Some stuff I wouldn't have seen. I agree that I need dogs, and at 30 points for a unit of 5, I'm sure I can get a couple.

One question, are the two sorcerers enough defensively without taking any dispell scrolls?

warhawk95
12-12-2009, 18:01
Its all relative really. I have run no scroll lists before and its not that big of a deal. Sometimes I wish I had them, but when I look back on those games I was gonna loose regardles. It also depends on your gaming environment. So you can get some scrolls, or could opt to not your choice. Most people like them, and one or two is okay but after that and its just dull IMO.

NorthStigUnited
12-12-2009, 18:44
Here's my thought actually, based on the two lists here; I tried preserving your original list as much as possible, cause I know how irritating it can be when you have a list in mind and someone else gives you something completely different :p

Exalted Hero = 185 pts
- Chaos Runesword, shield, Bloodcurdling Roar

Chaos Sorcerer = 190 pts
- Infernal Puppet, Talisman of Protection, lvl 2, MoT

Chaos Sorcerer = 190 pts
- Dispell Scroll, Collar of Khorne, lvl 2, MoN

15 Chaos Warriors = 280 pts
- AHW, full command, MoS

15 Chaos Warriors = 280 pts
- shields, full command, MoS

20 Marauders = 130 pts
- flails, full command, MoS

5 Marauder Horsemen = 86 pts
- shields, throwing axes, musician

5 Chaos Knights = 280 pts
- full command, MoN

3 Chaos Ogres = 175
- great weapons, champion, musician, MoS

5 Chaos Warhounds = 30 pts

5 Chaos Warhounds = 30 pts

Chaos Warshrine = 140 pts
- MoS

TOTAL = 1996 pts
======================================

Now, I do agree that normally champions can be a underwhelming for their points. But then, I was thinking of ways to add in some warhounds, and I saw a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone; take out the hellcannon and add in a Warshrine. Now suddenly you have a cheaper rare choice (enough to take 2 units of warhounds) that can beef up your big units and lets all those champions you took roll on the Eye of the Gods! Plus, hellcannon are less reliable in my opinion, with the misfiring and the crew getting sniped and etc. Personal opinion.

The rest of the changes are just cleaning up some unit sizes, changing out the Khorne hero for another sorcerer... infernal puppet just too good to pass up and 2 level 2 ones are pretty good on the offense too, especially for making up range with the loss of the hellcannon. Throw in some cheap marks of Slaanesh to make 100% sure your expensive units don't fail fear or (re-rolled) panic tests, and you have one solid army there.

Ghost Warrior
12-12-2009, 20:19
Hope my list helped, I just really hate Book of Secrets on wizards, it can kill them in a competitive envirments. And with magic being such a big influnce, you seemed to need more offence and defence. I tottaly forgot hounds, sorry about that.

Ancalagoth
12-12-2009, 23:29
Two very interesting lists. Time for some playtesting, methinks!:D

Killboss
13-12-2009, 01:58
I have 1 thing to add at this point. Drop the roar. I honestly don't see why people think its a good idea to givve a model that will (or should) be in combat for 99% of the game a shooting attack. It should always go on Sorcerers.