PDA

View Full Version : Characters Magic Weapons nullifying mundane weapons

nickdahkwik
12-12-2009, 18:03
Okay, so this is what i would like to do to my Empire captain:

In his options for weapons/equiptment i take the handgun or longbow, then full plate and a shield.

He takes a magic sword(hand weapon) like the sword of battle.

Does this nullify the bow, or just his regular hand weapon,since it states that if you take a magic weapon it would nullify all mundane weapons. so its pointless to count it for points purposes unless of course....someone has something to destroy his magic sword with, in which case he would get his lance or whatever other weapon choice you paid for in points cost. IF, you happened to pay for that.

is it:

Take magic weapon= Nullify ordane Bow/Handgun and all Mundane weapons they may have.
or
Take magic weapon= Just Nullify all Mundane weapons not the Bow/Handgun taken.***

*** What if the magic item is the "Dragon Bow" then how does that item work as well with the situation above?

Ultimate Life Form
12-12-2009, 18:17
I don't understand the question. Nowhere it says that anything is 'nullified'. It only states that you cannot use a mundane close combat weapon if you have a magic close combat weapon. So unless you want to use your bow to bash the enemies' heads, I fail to see a conflict there.

Staurikosaurus
12-12-2009, 18:29
All the rules state is that if you have a magic weapon, you must use it over the mundane equivalent. Magic ranged, use it over non magic ranged. Magic melee use it over non magic melee . . . unless you're Bretonnian.

nickdahkwik
12-12-2009, 18:42
ok thanks. this works in my army i am choosing later tonight.

WLBjork
13-12-2009, 07:37
All the rules state is that if you have a magic weapon, you must use it over the mundane equivalent. Magic ranged, use it over non magic ranged. Magic melee use it over non magic melee . . . unless you're Bretonnian.

Wrong, the text is specifically for Magic Close Combat Weapons only, so if you had taken a magic bow and a mundane pistol, you can use whichever you choose.

Adran
14-12-2009, 08:28
Not related to the question, but its probably worth pointing out that the magic sword you are taking isn't a hand weapon (although it is probably a one handed weapon). SO no hand weapon and shield bonus in close combat.