PDA

View Full Version : do you think GW might have a plan for once

Tycho 333
13-12-2009, 22:54
Well after reading the Tyranid rumours. It seems that mid strength weapons will be more useful than they were before, meaning things like heavy bolter may have found a nice new role to fit into. Also things like plasma weapons will have a use as the will still have the same chance to wound a Carnifex/other as a melta weapons, as well as the chance to do more than one wound.

It does actually look like that GW is trying to balance things out, am I the only one who saw this?

Rick Blaine
13-12-2009, 23:12
GW always has a plan, they just change it every year or so.

Archangel_Ruined
13-12-2009, 23:17
All threads regarding GW planning and consistency belong in the rumours forum.

Edonil
13-12-2009, 23:22
All threads regarding GW planning and consistency belong in the rumours forum.

(snicker)

Anyway, I still personally see no use for plasma, but I wonder at the comment about the heavy bolter, I'm in the camp that believes in making someone take as many saves as possible rather than one or two low AP shots. Give me four heavy bolters in a squad against anything non-mech, even space marines will take a beating from it.

puppetmaster24
13-12-2009, 23:23
GW never has a plan beyond "is that money in your pocket. GIMMI GIMMI GIMMI!!"

Archangel_Ruined
13-12-2009, 23:28
I whole heartedly agree with heavy bolter spamming, I run a long fangs squad with just HB's, things don't walk in front of them, well, not for long. I like to think of them as 'area denial'.

Voss
13-12-2009, 23:48
(snicker)

Anyway, I still personally see no use for plasma, but I wonder at the comment about the heavy bolter, I'm in the camp that believes in making someone take as many saves as possible rather than one or two low AP shots. Give me four heavy bolters in a squad against anything non-mech, even space marines will take a beating from it.

I agree. Lots of heavy bolters worry me, almost regardless of what army I'm fielding. Lots of plasma (cannons or guns) just makes me snicker. Well, lots of plasma cannons make me roll my eyes, since people 'round here seem to take forever to resolve blast scatters.

Loki73
14-12-2009, 00:32
I agree with Archangel HB's r good. be better vs Nids I hope.

bigcheese76
14-12-2009, 19:55
GW never has a plan beyond "is that money in your pocket. GIMMI GIMMI GIMMI!!"

Very true.

More on topic, GW may be trying to balance things out but soon enough it will go wrong and the balanced Tyranid codex will become underpowered compared to the next one that is apparently overpowered.
Then they'll write a new nid codex and that'll be another 15 for all nid players to spend.

Bunnahabhain
14-12-2009, 20:36
All threads regarding GW planning and consistency belong in the Chaos wastes

Fixed that one for you....

They might have a plan, or possibly just had enough of complaints about Nidzilla.

Lord Malorne
14-12-2009, 20:40
No thanks mooch.

Didn't you know? Plans do not survive first contact with the enemy customer.

Lord Malornehain