PDA

View Full Version : Louen Leoncouer, King of Bretonnia?

Krom The Eternal
14-12-2009, 05:36
How is he in combat is he worth the points? he looks pretty sweet also does he come with a second head option because ive seen him with a full faced helmet aswell as the open faced helm

Lusall
14-12-2009, 06:06
He's maybe a bit behind some of the newer characters (especially because he's LD9. WTF?) but he's very worth it none the less. Especially because he allows you to take more than one unit of Grail knights.

WusteGeist
14-12-2009, 06:13
I would say hes kinda iffy for the points. He almost cost a grand, and you get a 4+ armour save (which for a lord level is kinda weak unless your VC or Demons), a 4+ regen and a 5+ ward save. But since hes on a flying monster he can not join any unit so screening is a must. Brits don't really have alot of fast moving screen units other than pissants on horse back or peg knights. The crown would not help anyone who tries to screen him as they could not trace a line of sight backwards. Well the peg knights could, but your still on a 9 for panic, which while decent is a bit more fallible than a 10. Hard to say if hes worth it, against demon's and VC more than likely no. Most other things sure I guess?

Freman Bloodglaive
14-12-2009, 06:32
Karl Franz has better equipment, and can ride a warhorse for the improved save and ability to "hide" (make a strategic reposition) in a unit.

If you're fielding a big army I'd say take him for the fluff (after your Knightly General and second Lord with the virtue of the ideal and silver lance of the blessed) so in games over 4000 points.

Keep him out of line of sight of those pesky Empire cannon or he may not be around for long.

bigcheese76
14-12-2009, 22:08
He is an awesome model but I dont really think he is woth the points, they would be better spent on another two or three units of knights.
The one thing he is good for though is allowing more than one unit of Grail Knights but thats not worth all his points and a King with Ld 9 I ask you, especially riding that huge hipogriff.

Malorian
14-12-2009, 22:50
Yes he has two head options but no he isn't worth it.

tezdal
14-12-2009, 23:37
Ive never used him, but then again my army's only at 2k or so points so havn't really felt the need for him. Id prolly use him in a bigger game, or just fore pure fluff, at some point though.

Thurizdan
14-12-2009, 23:42
All three Bretonnian Special Characters have excellent, unique models but don't see a lot of play. Green Knight gets a little...

brawnyman1989
15-12-2009, 02:51
My friend constantly uses the Fay against my friends and I. Doesn't really bother me as a Chaos player, as she is very squishy. :) However, my Lizardmen friend doesn't like those initiative tests...