PDA

View Full Version : Equipping my Plague Priests Mk II

Caligula
14-12-2009, 20:06
Hey there everyone. A while ago I started a thread asking how I should go about army and equipping the 4 Plague Priests I have scattered about my army. Now, two of the four Plague Priests can be mounted on Plague Furnaces(magnetized, which is awesome and I totally recommend it by the way), and the other two are simply on foot. One of the Plague Priests is even built so he can represent a normal Plague Priest or a Battle Standard Bearer.

Now, I just recently got my Skaven army book, and I must say, I'm impressed. Beyond impressed. However, with such an amount of impressiveness, I find myself a bit overwhelmed at the moment for choices. So, I decided to come to you lot in the hopes of getting some suggestions on how I should arm and equip my Plague Priests.

Anything goes in terms of suggestions as the Plague Priests are all modeled quite heavily and any upgrade or magic item could easily be represented.

So, please let me know what magic items, scavenged items, and mundane items you think would best suit the 4 Plague Priests in my army.

outbreak
14-12-2009, 21:17
I'm keeping mine on foot with a large unit of monks. Giving him poison, additional handweapon and tail weapon to keep him cheap as i like that unit dishing out alot of attacks. A flail and shadow magnet is another set up i'm thinking of trying at one stage.

Blueskies
14-12-2009, 22:44
I am also a fan of poisoned, ahw, tailweapon. Otherwise if one is your general, then scrying stone, rival hide, flail works for me. otherwise plague censer and shadow magnet trinket if joining a censor bearer group.

Caligula
14-12-2009, 22:52
Great, thanks for the advice so far everyone. So, I'm going to make the assumption it's a poor idea to arm the Plague Priests on the Plague Furnaces with Plague Censers, as that would make for a lot of tests thanks to the large base size. However, Plague Priests on foot, particularly those accompanying Plague Censer Bearers, could very well be armed with Censers.

So, I've got a good idea on how to army my Priests on foot, now how about the ones mounted on Plague Furnaces?

Buddha777
14-12-2009, 23:03
Just a question though, Plague Priests don't have the skirmish rule so won't the PCB lose it if they join?

Caligula
14-12-2009, 23:14
Hmmm I'm certainly no expert in regards to the rules, but I thought independent characters were free to join a unit of Skirmishers, and I don't believe Skirmishers CAN lose the Skirmish rules. I could certainly be wrong, though, so anyone is free to correct me!

Caligula
14-12-2009, 23:24
Rulebook Pg.67:
"Roughly man-sized characters on foot can join a unit of skirmishers. No other characters can join skirmishing units."

So, it looks as though it's all good for a Plague Priest to join a unit of Plague Censer Bearers.

Phew!

Edit: This makes an already amazing unit(in my opinion, anyway) potentially even better! Very nice, considering I have a total of 16 Plague Censer Bearers at my disposal. My army consists mainly of Clan Pestilens with their allied Clan Skrat for Clanrat, Slave, and Stormvermin, etc. backup.

So, with that cleared up, back to discussion on potential Plague Priest builds, which are of the utmost importance to me, considering they're among the only heroes I have at my disposal currently(save for a possible Chieftan BSB).

scarvet
15-12-2009, 01:45
Frenzied skirmisher hammer unit O' DOOM is too attractive and easy target to get drawn away. I meam, keeping your Plague Priests alive is enough to make your opponent cry because they generate dispel dice.

A few awesome build, all can be Lv1or2:

1)scroll cattle: what's better than a T5 scroll cattle with 4 Fail attacks?

2)Pistol, Poisoned attack plus
a) dispel scroll, b)Pipes of Piebald, c) Portent of Verminous Doom.
Magical poison attack will a little unseen nastiness.

3)Blade of Corruption, Rival hide Talisman
You just don't wanna duel this thing.....

eyescrossed
15-12-2009, 04:22
what's better than a T5 scroll cattle with 4 Fail attacks?

Well, I dunno. I guess a cow would fail if it ever attacked.

Caligula
15-12-2009, 12:25
Thanks a million for your suggestions, scarvet! (even though I believe you meant to say "caddie" instead of "cattle", no worries;))

I particularly like the Blade of Corruption and Rival Hide Talisman build, and also the Poisoned Attack and Portent of Verminous Doom build. I think those two builds would work quite well mounted on my Plague Furnaces.

SevenSins
15-12-2009, 14:57
How about flail, pox rat, and possibly scrolls, stuffed in a big giant rat unit?

decker_cky
15-12-2009, 18:32
Priest in censers is a waste. Each Censer almost fights as well as a priest, and the priest costs as much as a decent censer unit. Put priests in monks to give them punch they're lacking.