PDA

View Full Version : Black Coach draining power dice

Styles
15-12-2009, 10:01
I had a necromancer within 6" of the black coach, so I thought i could roll 3 dice (1 for the necromancer and 2 from the pool) to see if any came up as a 6, one did I ellected for it to drain from the necromancer, my opponent says that I should roll the necromancers die and the two pool dice seperately and could not just pick that the one drained came from the necromancer after I rolled all the dice together?

nosferatu1001
15-12-2009, 10:18
My understanding was that the coach works as your friend described - you roll for each contributors power dice seperately, so you know who has lost their power dice.

stiggie
15-12-2009, 11:04
nosferatu is correct

Grimgormx
15-12-2009, 15:09
Do you get to roll the 2 pool dices? I thought you were only allowed to roll those dices generated by wizards close to the coach, no pool dices, but again I may be wrong, I havent bought the new vampire book.

nosferatu1001
15-12-2009, 15:57
Pool dice as well...

Grimgormx
15-12-2009, 16:04
Thanks a lot!!!!

victarion
15-12-2009, 18:42
yes you roll for the pool dice seperately

Zoolander
16-12-2009, 03:19
I'll just add more weight to the consensus. The only fair way to do it is to roll the separately.

nickdahkwik
27-01-2010, 19:04
okay, i have a question.....

per the VC army book you are allowed to roll both of the (VC's) Army's pool dice(seperately) and any mage friend or foe (seperately) within 6" correct?

now on to the question....My Brother plays VC and i don't know where he got this idea in his head....but he states that he rolls "Both power dice pools'" dice, His own and the opponent's dice pool for the army and takes all the 6's from these as well is this right? every turn? cuz wow if this is true then i might invest in a VC army....lol

It states in the VC book that you use your army's dice pool (The VC's pool) but does not state the opponent's as well anywhere.....? Is this correct seems very unfair to me as i have to choose mages with what ever army i choose just to try to make it so he cannot cast "some magic" lol thanks for any input on this.

RealMikeBob
27-01-2010, 20:02
I believe it's both players pool of power dice. It state for EVERY magic phase roll the pool dice plus those of nearby wizards. Does not specify just the VC player.

narrativium
27-01-2010, 20:05
The VC book specifies a power dice pool. In any given magic phase, one player will have a power dice pool, and the other will have a dispel dice pool, so you only get to roll one pool.

jaxom
27-01-2010, 20:23
The upshot of that is that the player who is casting always rolls pool. Any wizard too close always rolls his own dice. Nobody ever rolls dispel dice.

Kloud13
27-01-2010, 20:37
Don't forget, Even Armies that don't use pool dice, still generate 2 power dice in their magic phase.

So, If playing Dwarves, during the Dwarf magic Phase, roll two dice, and even during a Tomb King's magic phase.

EldarWonderland
27-01-2010, 21:38
Tomb Kings don't have a Power Dice Pool.

They have dispel dice but they just roll for Incantations and the result is the "Power Level" of the Incantation.

There are NO dice to pinch to load up the Black Coach.

havoc626
27-01-2010, 23:05

They have dispel dice but they just roll for Incantations and the result is the "Power Level" of the Incantation.

Tomb Kings do have a Power Dice pool, as it is stated in the FAQ that these can be used to dispel RIP spells during their own magic phase. Just because they can't use the dice to cast spells does not mean they do not have them.

Having a Liche Priest within 6" however, does not get any of it's PD drained, as it does not have them.

kardar233
27-01-2010, 23:19
An excellent EvC quote comes to mind:

"You'll see that some Tomb King and Dwarf players will protest that your Black Coach can't suck their power dice as they don't generate any. The way to solve this is to cast a RiP spell on them, and when they try to dispel it with their pool dice, beat them to death with their own shoes. It's the only way. "

siphon101
27-01-2010, 23:56

This is false.

Every army, every single one, generates 2 magic dice per magic phase, whether you have the capacity to use them, or not (IE tomb kings and dwarves). That's a core rule from the BRB.

As stated, an army is bound by all core rules as articulated in the BRB unless the army book in question explicitly says otherwise.

Nowhere at any point in the tomb kings book does it say that they don't generate power dice. Therefore they do. Because they're an army. And the BRB says every army generates 2 power dice. And nothing in the army book for Tomb Kings contradicts this.

EldarWonderland
28-01-2010, 11:35
Page 34, first sentence under the "Using Nehekharan Incantations".
... but they don't generate any Power Dice.

Jack of Blades
28-01-2010, 12:08
Page 34, first sentence under the "Using Nehekharan Incantations".
... but they don't generate any Power Dice.

Interesting... this means that TK cannot dispel RiP spells :p

Atrahasis
28-01-2010, 12:09
Might want to quote the whole sentence there, champ.

It tells you who doesn't generate power dice. Hint:Liche High Priests and Liche Priests. Nothing about the army not generating dice.

Necromancy Black
28-01-2010, 14:06
As above, that rule is stating that High Priests and priests don't generate power dice. It is not at all talking about the 2 power dice each army generates.

Tk have no rule saying they do not generate the 2 default power dice, and thus they still do.

Kloud13
28-01-2010, 14:26
So I'm just curious, but how many VC players out there are sittin there, and can't wait to see the expression on the faces of a dwarf General, or a Tomb King General when he asks him to roll his pool dice.

Think how much more they are going to hate it if the 8th edition rumour proves true, and each army generates 2D6 power dice for the pool instead of just 2.

And please do not start pickin that rumour apart in this thread.

EldarWonderland
28-01-2010, 15:14
Apologies everyone.

Having only had one RIP spell inflicted on me over the 3 years I've been playing (I dispel them straight off because generally they are quite nasty) I wasn't aware of the use of Power Dice to dispel it in your own turn.

Mind you, I've never been told by the playing members at our club either, even by the ones who play TK for longer than I have.

You live and learn.