PDA

View Full Version : How to beat this List with WoC (or ToC).

inq.serge
15-12-2009, 15:23
How do I beat this list with 3k Warriors (or Trolls) of Chaos?:

~—-—-*-—-—~
Hi, I'm Rick, and this is my army.

Rick Waycoolerthananyotherelfintheworld
Vambraces of defence
Armour of celador
Amulet of light
Star Dragon

___
LSG, shield, musician, 10x:

LSG, shield, Standard 10x:

LSG, shield, Standard, 10x:
___
1 Gt.Eagle , just to annoy artillery

2 Forge World Emperor Fire Dragons, Just because.
___

3000 pts.

~—-—-^-—-—~

kraken
15-12-2009, 15:44
Take kholec, he will pulp a stardragon , lots of hellcannons and gateway spam, oh and someone with a glaive of putrefaction.....

selone
15-12-2009, 16:34
WTH is an emperor fire dragon?

Malorian
15-12-2009, 16:38
His list is lame and no one should be forced to fight 3 super dragons (selone empire dragons are star dragons but turn the 7s into 8s).

I'd play him once to reward him for buying the models and then never play against him again if he uses the same list.

Or offer to play him IF he agrees to rematch after where YOU get the empire dragons.

blackjack
15-12-2009, 16:47
Emperor Dragons are forgeworld rules and thus not legal. Make him buy you some nice forge world toys then play him.

Skogla
15-12-2009, 16:52
-edit- oh WoC or ToC.. -edit again- sigh tired.. trolls of chaos.. whatever, use hmm 3 asf giants? and hope for the best :P

selone
Hehe thats outrageous then, star dragons already are pretty good. I can't but help but think gateway spam :/

EDIT
Skogla note the topic title says Warriors of chaos (or trolls of chaos)

Witchblade
He can use the fire dragons as Warhammer dragons ('counts-as').

FW rules tend to be rather broken... You can make some όber model 900 points, but if it can single-handedly destroy entire armies it still isn't balanced.

selone
15-12-2009, 17:04
Just read the rules for them and I say :wtf:

CaliforniaGamer
15-12-2009, 17:13
hahaha

A WS8 Str8 T8 W10 2+Scaly Skin Flyer with 8 attacks, Str5 breath weapon and a Unit Strength of 30 (yes THIRTY) Terror causer....sounds like a 12-year old set out to the make the most uber monster possible.

I dont believe a single thing in "normal warhammer" could beat that. In fact I think you would be fairly well challenged to come up with a 2K list that could stop it.

Falkman
15-12-2009, 17:37
Just tell him to use a legal army list, that would be the easiest.

Gaargod
15-12-2009, 17:50
A fire dragon by itself could be done - sorc lord of tzeentch flying around it until it dies.

Effectively 3 super death dragons... That's a little harder. Kholek may 'hulk SMASH' pretty much anything in his way, but a combined charge from 2 of those things will destroy even Kholek.

Let's start with the basics. Infantry or Trolls of Chaos is never going to work. Dragons will just eat anything placed in front of them.

Magic spam i would say would be your best bet. He has 0 defence - even scary big dragons are going to start feeling the pain of lots of buboes/gateways. Also, take a suicide tzeentch hero with glaive on disc, to charge into one. IF he pulls off a wound, which is... possible... that dragon is screwed.

Um... that's about it really. Its possibly the most abusive list he could design (although his lord could be built better tbh). Those things are extremely hard to stop, especially for an army with no artillery.