PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Logic of Zombie Musician...

Verchild
16-12-2009, 17:34
Is there any?
My limited understanding of this is that the Musician would be there to help rally.
Which Zombies do not do, as they never Run, as they are undead, which means they have sorefeet.

Your Unit of UberGuys Attack my Zombies...
You win. (yeah you are just that good)
My zombies take the wounds + the difference of the leadership roll in wounds, then they just hang out till next combat phase at which they are bludgioned to mush again.

How does a Musican apply?
( I did a search and didn't find anything referencing this in the forums if there is please link )

2nd Question
Tacticly, if I Dire Wolves, ran them forward to try and get an opponents unit to charge at me, and I choose to retreat as my combat reaction. What do I do next turn to Rally? Is it automatic? ( I want to say yes, but I'm just looking for confirmation )

The_Bureaucrat
16-12-2009, 17:52
1. If the other guy has a musician and its a draw than you lose by one and hence one zombie (not really worth it). Main reason to take them is they can be fun looking models and lots of good conversions.
2. can't run with wolves or anything undead as they are immune to pysch

rtunian
17-12-2009, 03:10
it's much better to have them so that you don't lose a draw because of it. sure, if you lose by 1, you lose a zombie. but if you win by 1, that could see your enemy all-but-auto-break'ing (1/36 chance to insane courage) if you outnumber. so if you plan on having a large unit of zombies (since you don't need power to invoke them beyond starting size, and you invoke d6+4) you should have a musician in there

Skogla
17-12-2009, 08:28
You rarely win with Zombies; either you lose or you just lose with em ;d

Armond
17-12-2009, 11:16
Just for preventing you from losing in the event of a tie(this of course means the opponent has a musician). If you tie and the opponent has no musician and you do, you win by one... If I recall my rules correctly.