PDA

View Full Version : Opposed Armies Project thoughts?

hendybadger
16-12-2009, 22:14
A while ago some of the forum members help me work out some opposing 40K armies for my club.
Equal numbers of 'good' and 'bad' forces with alot of variety for everyone from new to veteran players.
After a quick check on 'Helpdesk' I am here to put up the final results for thoughts , ideas and comments.

1. Tyranids vs Iyanden Eldar
These armies will be based around the wiping out of the craftworld Iyanden.
Tyranids- Lots of MCs, Genestealers and Fast Attack. Inc the new Tyranid character in the new codex that sucked out the souls of a craftworld matrix.
Iyanden Eldar- No Guardians or vehicles. Troops and Heavy all Wraiths. Lead by Farseers and Warlocks. Maybe afew Aspects and Harlequins

2. Grey Knights vs Tzeentch Daemons
The obvious match up. GKs because they look stunning and Tz because its my favourite god. Also the match up of Stern and Macracken(?)
Grey Knights - Pure GK force. Lots of PAGK Troops in Landraiders, supported by GKTs
Daemons - Pure Tzeentch. No Soulgrinders. 5 x Winged MCs. Harpies, Flesh Hounds and Blood Crushers converted from Tz models

3. Blood Angels vs Black Legion Chaos Marines
All the way back to the death of Sanguinius by the hands of Horus.
The children of each will always hunt out each other.
BAs - An all round BA force that leans a little towards assault. Inc characters.
CSMs - Abbadon and DP. Tzeentch and Nurgle for the rest. 3 x 3 Oblits.
Tzeentch again because its my fav god. Nurgle because I love Typhus and the FW Death Guard parts

4. Necrons vs Tau
Just to add abit of variety and even the whole thing out.
Necrons - Maybe a 'Necron' heavy force backed up by Monoliths
Tau - All Battlesuits. Troop Fire Warriors will be replaced by 'count as' Drones

So. What do you think?
Open to any ideas, thoughts and comments.

Thanks in advance

Count de Monet
16-12-2009, 22:29
I love the idea, would love to have regular reliable opponents I could do this with.

For all of the matchups, I'd strongly suggest doing some proxy playtesting first before committing to lists to help avoid potentially unbalanced matchups.

3. Blood Angels vs Black Legion Chaos Marines
All the way back to the death of Sanguinius by the hands of Horus.
The children of each will always hunt out each other.
BAs - An all round BA force that leans a little towards assault. Inc characters.
CSMs - Abbadon and DP. Tzeentch and Nurgle for the rest. 3 x 3 Oblits.
Tzeentch again because its my fav god. Nurgle because I love Typhus and the FW Death Guard parts

If you're using Abby, IMO don't bother with another HQ. Either he just looks puny in comparison or gets lucky and shows up the boss. If you want actual Black Legion, I wouldn't bother with Typhus or actual Death Guard looking figs, IMO detracts from the BL look.

hendybadger
16-12-2009, 22:43
The only problem with the Black Legion is that the FW Death Guard are the models that brought me 2 CSMs to start with. I may paint them like the Bloack Legion though