Mark of Nurgle:
Standard Bearer:
Musician:

3 Dragon Ogres: 231
Great Weapons

EndlessBug
18-12-2009, 09:59
15 marauders wont do much for you.

Swap them for a unit of 5 marauder horsemen and upgrade the DP to lvl 3. Also change the pwoer stone for a power familiar.

Otherwise it's good.

repentia1
18-12-2009, 10:05
everytime time i see nurgle knights i sort of expect it to have a frenzy banner

HughbertofKhorne
18-12-2009, 10:36
dont have the models for marauder horsemen sadly, but I might pick some up today, how would I use them on the field? The familiar is a much better option now I think about it thanks very much for the advice.

I do normally field the rage banner on the Knights but they don't really need it, two strength 5 weapon skill 5 attacks is normally enough for the task at hand. I think anyway I might be wrong lol

savage_orc
18-12-2009, 10:54
Ok here my view

Festamus the Bearer of the Plague Wind (Daemon Prince): 485
Mark of Nurgle:
Level 2 Sorcerer:
Mantle of Chaos:

*****not a fan of daemon prince you can a cool kited out lord for the same price without the weakness of been a large target cannons can eat this guy in one turn but that you bag*****

Bilious Black (Sorcerer): 165
Mark of Nurgle:
Power Stone:
Level 2:

**** should really switch this game to defensive I know it boring but it works ***

11 Chaos Warriors: 224
Mark of Nurgle:
Shields:
Standard Bearer:
Musician:

*****can you give these guys halberds or do you play wisiwyg if you can do so maybe drop some marauders to get the points and get a champ they kick but*****

20 Marauders: 170
Mark of Nurgle:
Light Armour and Shields:
Full command:

**** fine I know you want to play nurgle so I wonít suggest switching marks****

15 Marauders: 140
Mark of Nurgle:
Light Armour and Shields:
Full Command:
**** swap these out for horsemen to add some or give them flails to add a bit of umpf *****

2 x 5 Chaos Hounds: 60
**** what do you plan to do with these support or bait ? ******

5 Chaos Knights: 260
Mark of Nurgle: 30
Standard Bearer: 20
Musician: 10

***** good just put a champ in he a killer ( do you have a prob with champs ?)*******

3 Dragon Ogres: 231
Great Weapons

***** good but I think trolls would suit you army theme more but these are cool and more useful*******

Morgul the Messenger (Giant) 265
Mark of Nurgle

***** again a change of mark would make this guy good mos is great where you planning on using this guy to draw fire from your DP if so donít its a waste******

So just a few suggestions you donít need to follow them

HughbertofKhorne
18-12-2009, 11:14
Okay the DP, not being a large target will hide behind the marauders or chaos warriors until he's in flying range to get behind my opononents artillery and take it out. im contemplating removing the gift and the sorcerer levels cos I really only want him for a flyer.

The hounds will act as a screen for the Knights and Drogers cos my oponents like to deploy at the back of the board to get an extra couple of turns of shooting. The Giant is hang around just behind either the knights or the Drogres, because the way the turns normally play out I end up getting charged by Cold One Knights or Empire Knights first.
This time the Knights or Drogres will flee (I know im relying heavily on leadership 8) making the enemy Knights fall short and open for a counter charge from the Giant, the DP will then take out the helblaster volley gun/organ gun/bolt thrower etc.

the next round hopefully the Knights/Drogres will have rallied and charge the enemy knights providing their not too far away, the DP will take out the another Warmachine or lone character....

danny-d-b
18-12-2009, 11:14
Its a good list, very simmler to the list I run in some respects
I'd drop the mark of nurgle on the giant (its tough enough against bows and stuff, its the cannons you have to be careful of) and use the point to get some more marruders, other than that add in the familar instead of the stone and your rocking -

Rawne
18-12-2009, 13:37
very interesting list, i like it, could mayb run the second unit of marauders with light armor, MoN and flails and use a mini hammer unit if its not big enough as an anvil

Ghost Warrior
18-12-2009, 16:27
In response to Rawne's comment, GWs, not flails, they are so much better if used in protracted fights, so use GWs, they are better than flails in almost every way
On the List, I don't use daemon princes as they are cannon magnets, and I'd say drop the giant and get another unit of knights, they'd last longer

HughbertofKhorne
18-12-2009, 19:39
MY Giant normally performs really well, there's only been one battle so far that he hasnt survived to the end but that was exceptionally lucky rolling (a kaboom misfire) with a helblaster.

AS for another unit of Knights, it seems like over-kill with a unit of Dragon Ogres in the army, I'd be persuaded to drop the Drogres but there's no Gaurantee that the Dark Elf Player wont pull out some large beasties.

Though the Giant does perform a similar roll in the army to the Drogres, I could lose the Giant and bulk out the Marauders or make the DP level 3 and get another Sorcerer

Rawne
19-12-2009, 00:58
just my opinion with flails, ive always prefered them to GWs normally win first round of combat with having the MoN to help prevents loses

HughbertofKhorne
19-12-2009, 08:45
I think it depends on the unit with Flails. If you got a unit of 20 marauders I'd give them GW's cos they can probably afford to lose a few models by going last in the combat phase, flails I think work better on a small 10 man unit (use em like Empire detachments)

popisdead
20-12-2009, 00:44
Daemon princes kinda don't do much of anything well. If you really want to use such a points sink take lots of marauders and marauder cav to help out.

Also,.. I would suggest Festus in a unit of Chosen with two HW's and the frenzy banner. it is uber killy and has a 4+/5+ save on T4 models. That's useful IMO.

I'd recommend maybe a BSB at least too.

HughbertofKhorne
20-12-2009, 19:07
but none of those things are any good for artillery hunting lol