PDA

View Full Version : Expanding from 1500 to 2250

kiickman
18-12-2009, 14:54
Heya all!!

after been playing tons of games at 1000 to 1500 pts army List i am gona expand my skaven army up to 2250 pts whit my friends. =)

this is the First list i have been thinking of at 2250 and i hope that i did something good whit it lol. comments would love to see.

This list is a bit over 2250 number but my friend know this and it was fine by him.

Heroes/Lord
Gray seer condenser, skam, shadow magnet trinket,power stone @ 340pts General
Chiften Foul Pendant,Biting blade,Enchanted. +3 ward +3 armor save -1 save for enemys @97pts
1 Warlock engi L2 Wizard, Condenser, Rocket @ 150 pts
2 Warlock engi L1 2x Dispell Scrolls @ 115
Total 708 pts
Core

80 Slaves put them in 4 grps of 20 @ 160pts
25 Clanrats @ Shields, Standard Bearer, Musician @125
Total 660pts
Special units

6x Warlock Jezziais @120pts
6x Plague Censer Bearers @96pts
25x Plauge Monks + 50pts standard thinking of Storm banner @ 225pts
Total 441pts
Rare

Doom Wheel @150pts
Hell pit (Carnifix Converted) +warpstone spikes. @ 250pts
total 400pts

Thoras
18-12-2009, 18:25
Heya all!!

after been playing tons of games at 1000 to 1500 pts army List i am gona expand my skaven army up to 2250 pts whit my friends. =)

this is the First list i have been thinking of at 2250 and i hope that i did something good whit it lol. comments would love to see.

This list is a bit over 2250 number but my friend know this and it was fine by him.

Heroes/Lord
Gray seer condenser, skam, shadow magnet trinket,power stone @ 340pts General
Chiften Foul Pendant,Biting blade,Enchanted. +3 ward +3 armor save -1 save for enemys @97pts
1 Warlock engi L2 Wizard, Condenser, Rocket @ 150 pts
2 Warlock engi L1 2x Dispell Scrolls @ 115
Total 708 pts
Core

80 Slaves put them in 4 grps of 20 @ 160pts
Total 660pts
Special units

6x Warlock Jezziais @120pts
6x Plague Censer Bearers @96pts
25x Plauge Monks + 50pts standard thinking of Storm banner @ 225pts
Total 441pts
Rare

Doom Wheel @150pts
Hell pit (Carnifix Converted) +warpstone spikes. @ 250pts
total 400pts

As far as i can see its a solid list (playing with using Nid bits to make an abom myself).

One thing i did spot is that you gave the condenser to both your engineer and grey seer. Isn't that illegle, and if not, it definately strikes me as an engineer item (+ to warp lightning, which only the engineer is guarenteed, as its strongest benefit, with the extra dice more an after thought).

Also given the cost of the monks listed, it looks like you haven't paid for the standard bearer for the unit.

kiickman
18-12-2009, 18:53
Thanks alot Thoras i got quit happy whit this build.

yeah i think it is illegle as i did Read it was only Skyre items. so need to change that.. What do you think i shall get insted mybe some ward save or something..

25x Plauge Monks cost 175pts and +50 for the banner that is 225 hehe! :) did recheck in book. i am like Only taking Storm banner Just for i am playing alot against DE and HE.

I would like to try out Gaint rats and Rat ogers, but Dont know if they are any good On paper they look quit expensiv.

I am intressted in Weapons teams too. but i suck at quessing inch i need to fire whit my Warpfire thingy.. what do you all think of Wep teams?

Well gona order from Games Workshoop on Sunday so have a few days thinking and getting more info what you all thinks.

Thoras
18-12-2009, 19:30
Thanks alot Thoras i got quit happy whit this build.

yeah i think it is illegle as i did Read it was only Skyre items. so need to change that.. What do you think i shall get insted mybe some ward save or something..

25x Plauge Monks cost 175pts and +50 for the banner that is 225 hehe! :) did recheck in book. i am like Only taking Storm banner Just for i am playing alot against DE and HE.

I would like to try out Gaint rats and Rat ogers, but Dont know if they are any good On paper they look quit expensiv.

I am intressted in Weapons teams too. but i suck at quessing inch i need to fire whit my Warpfire thingy.. what do you all think of Wep teams?

Well gona order from Games Workshoop on Sunday so have a few days thinking and getting more info what you all thinks.

RE the condenser, its an arcane item, so the greyseer 'could' take it. It becomes illegle when you have more than 1 character taking it (as per the main rules). Regardless, definately more suited to an engineer imo. In terms of other choices of items, i'd dish the points out elsewhere.

Your line on the storm banner against your opponents of choice is a good one. The problem comes is that, if i'm right, you need to buy a standard bearer for the unit before you can equip it with a magic standard. As far as i can see you've paid for the rank and file and the stormbanner, but not the standard bearer to carry your banner.

Personally i love the idea of weapon teams, but abhor the models so i'm not taking in my (theoretical) new Skaven army, although i am taking 5 jezzails to eat knights. In regards to the warpfire thrower, it uses the flame template so its fairly easy to guess what you're going to hit. As for giant rats and rat ogres, you're better off asking someone else who's had more experience with them :)