5 x Jezzails

5 x Poison Wind Globadiers

Rare

Doomwheel

GRAND TOTAL 1996

Looking for any advise on the following,

1. Cheesey or not cheesey, discuss :)
2. Is the Bell and furnace a bad idea
3. Assassin is in for fluff (i love the skikch model too much)
4. Any thing else you'd like to throw in

Thanks in advance :)

SevenSins
19-12-2009, 15:15
Not cheesy

Not to keen on running both bell and furnace to tell you the truth. That leaves you with 2 very expensive blocks and some not to tough support.

I'd go with one of them (the bell is probably the more powerfull alternative) and use the points saved for more rats (clanrats/slaves)

I'd normally advice against the assassin, but if you wan't him... (agree on it being a cool model)

Foegnasher
19-12-2009, 15:22
got a lot of expensive blocks there. gonna be tough to win against elite infantry/cavalry. also give syour opponent lots to shoot at. it's not cheezy, but it's gonna be a tough row to hoe.

let us know how it goes.

Galatan
19-12-2009, 15:59
You should re think giving the plague priest a plague censor. Read the Pestilent Blessing rule under the plague furnace. You'll have to take 2 T test for every model in contact with the furnace every turn and even though you need to roll a 6 it will hurt after a turn or 2.

For the rest, the army looks fun, but its very small (only 140 non characer skaven, I've got almost that much in a 1000 pts game). I think against certain army's that can dish out a lot of attacks in combat it's gonna hurt more than normal (warriors of chaos comes to mind).

Thoras
19-12-2009, 16:46
You should re think giving the plague priest a plague censor. Read the Pestilent Blessing rule under the plague furnace. You'll have to take 2 T test for every model in contact with the furnace every turn and even though you need to roll a 6 it will hurt after a turn or 2.

For the rest, the army looks fun, but its very small (only 140 non characer skaven, I've got almost that much in a 1000 pts game). I think against certain army's that can dish out a lot of attacks in combat it's gonna hurt more than normal (warriors of chaos comes to mind).

Any advise on how you'd alter things to give me a better fighting chance?

Galatan
19-12-2009, 22:59
Any advise on how you'd alter things to give me a better fighting chance?

Well my experience on 2k level is limited (When I play fantasy I mostly play 1000 pts games), but the main reason is because you have an estimate of about 43% of your total points spent on the lord and hero section. That's a lot for only 3 chars IMHO. I think it's fighting chance is decent, but needs maybe 1 or 2 more hard hitters (maybe exchange the globadiers for a censor bearer unit, those guys pack a real hard punch). Your center is very reliable thanks to the bell and the furnace and I think you should maybe build on that, best thing is to just try it out. Trying new things out could be made a lot cheaper by proxy'ing things once or twice in a good game where you analyse everything to the max.

Killboss
22-12-2009, 09:23
I'm also going to say drop the PC on the Priest.

I'd also say that when alot of your army is already in expensive characters, that you should shy away from 'expensive' troops (stormvermin). I'd get rid of them for more bodies, pure, simple, Skaven. Or possibly another hammer.... But some extra bodies would be nice IMO.

Good luck anyway (you might need it lol. No offense....)