PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Dwarfs for Tournament

Aesir Rey
30-01-2006, 07:41
Hey folks give me your opinions on this army for a tournament please.

Ive not named the runes used just their effects.

Rune Lord - Anvil of Doom, +1 Sv, +1 I, Flaming Attacks = 350

Dragon Slayer - Always Strike First, +1 Attack = 100

Master Engineer - Handgun, Brace of Pistols, +1 to Save, 5+ Ward = 120

16 Warriors - Great Weapons, Shields, Full Command = 201

16 Warriors - Shields, Full Command = 169

16 Quarrelers - Shields, Full Command = 217

Cannon - Reroll Misfires = 125

Cannon - Engineer with Handgun = 110

12 Ironbreakers - Full Command, Counts as twice Unit Strength = 211

11 Slayers - Standard Bearer, Musician = 139

Flame Cannon = 140

Organ Gun = 120

Totals 2002 points

Thoughts?

Wicked_fool
30-01-2006, 11:10
give you're runelord a ward save, he will need it. i wouldn't go for the 16 quarrelers, units of 10 or 12 do fine.

Cannons are nice :), but slayers aren't wurth it. If you can use 2 organ guns

Aesir Rey
30-01-2006, 11:48
Anymore advice out there, I was wondering why slayers would be no use as I can use the anvils runes to basically fling them across the tabel into whichever enemy unit has the potential to cause the most damage.

After what youve said I could drop the slayers, four of the quarrelers, the rune of fire from my runelord.

To be replaced with four more guys for my Ironbreakers unit, another cannon and the master rune of spite for my runelord. Does that sound any better.

Which is better really though a second organ gun or the flame cannon?

Danger Rat
30-01-2006, 14:53
Two organ guns is much better than 1 and a flame cannon, i personally don't rate flame cannons and have never used them in my dwarf armies. I would reduce the quarrelers to a 10 strong unit and drop the command section, I would drop the slayers in favour of increasing the size of your ironbreakers to at least 16 and your 2 dwarf warrior units 2 20. I would drop the dragon slayer in favour off a BSB and give your runelord the MROS. And if there are any points left over id look at putting some runes on your cannons.

Aesir Rey
30-01-2006, 14:58
Thanks I appreciate all the feedback, keep it coming people.

Ill look into it your recomendations though, thanks.

foehammer888
30-01-2006, 15:14
Rune Lord - Anvil of Doom, +1 Sv, +1 I, Flaming Attacks = 350 As mentioned before, give him a ward save. Also, a decent magic weapon isn't a bad investment. Remember, every turn he's in combat is a turn he can't hit a rune. The lord and his guards should be able to dispatch fast cavalry or skirmishers quickly.

Dragon Slayer - Always Strike First, +1 Attack = 100 The standard road block dragon slayer

Master Engineer - Handgun, Brace of Pistols, +1 to Save, 5+ Ward = 120 I don't really think the 30 points for the ward save is worth it for him. Would be put to better use giving the dragon slayer another attack.

16 Warriors - Great Weapons, Shields, Full Command = 201

16 Warriors - Shields, Full Command = 169

I generally prefer to keep warrior units at 20-25. Also drop the shields on the great weapon warriors.

16 Quarrelers - Shields, Full Command = 217 I guess this is ok, as it looks like you are using it as a back-up warrior unit as well as a missile unit.

Cannon - Reroll Misfires = 125 Another dwarf staple

Cannon - Engineer with Handgun = 110 I don't find engineers to be especially useful on cannons. I might drop the cannon and use the points for 2 Bolt Throwers with engineers.

12 Ironbreakers - Full Command, Counts as twice Unit Strength = 211 I personally believe an Iron breaker unit of this size might not be useful without a combat character to accoumpany them. Might be better to drop them, beef your warrior units to 20 each, and maybe make the great weapon warriors longbeards. Give some S6 combat punch.

11 Slayers - Standard Bearer, Musician = 139 If you drop the iron breakers, a good investment, if you can find the points, might be an additional 5 strong unit of slayers. The dragon slayer allows them, they are only 55 points, and make very good guards for anvils of doom or artillery.

Flame Cannon = 140

Organ Gun = 120 Ok, both have served me well. I can't believe there is someone out there who thinks flame cannons aren't worth it. They have everything: automatic panic tests, high strength, decent sized template, multiple wounds, good armor save modifier.

Foehammer

oma
30-01-2006, 16:52
well.. the rune lord has 4+ws against all shooting so i wouldent bother buing him Ward save, cause if all goes after your plan he wont get into cc anyway..