PDA

View Full Version : Special weapons and combat res

Ardath123
19-12-2009, 04:16
Ok so i was looking over my SoC book the other day and reading over the empire hero whats his name i found a rule that i was unsure if it still worked.

(Note. that the rule i am asking about was used in the example of his rule for friendly units adding his wounds done to there combat res.)

It say that if he gets 3 hits on a mino and for his d3 wounds he rolls a 2,3,3 and gets 8 wounds for his combat res so with that in mind would lets say a Dwarf with the Master Rune of Smiting attacking a high elf spearman wounding once but rolled a 6 get 6 points of combat res even tho the elf only has 1 wound?.

(Note. i have looked over the rule book and from what i read that it would work that way if anyone has seen a FAQ or an errata that says one way or another plz let me know what it was.)

stripsteak
19-12-2009, 04:51
reread the multi wound section. the long and short of it is you can't do more wounds per hit then there are. ie you can't inflict more wounds per hit then the model has. for single wound models you can only ever inflict 1 would per hit. models with 2 wounds 2 per hit etc.

Necromancy Black
19-12-2009, 08:56
You can only do more wounds, and therefor get more combat res, then a model has in a challange. At all other times you can only do as many wounds as they have left, all other wounds are wasted.

creaks
20-12-2009, 15:58
but the d3 wounds splashes over right? like if there is a 7 man front of spears and you dish out 3 wounds and roll say 2 2 and 1 would 6 die or just 3?

Griefbringer
20-12-2009, 16:47
No splashing over. Unless otherwise mentioned, a single hit cannot cause more wounds than an individual target model has.

So if the enemy models only have 1 wound, your attacks will be able to only cause 1 wound each (even if you had a weapon that did D3 or D6 wounds of damage).

Harwammer
20-12-2009, 17:21
Ok so i was looking over my SoC book the other day and reading over the empire hero whats his name i found a rule that i was unsure if it still worked.

(Note. that the rule i am asking about was used in the example of his rule for friendly units adding his wounds done to there combat res.)

It say that if he gets 3 hits on a mino and for his d3 wounds he rolls a 2,3,3 and gets 8 wounds for his combat res so with that in mind would lets say a Dwarf with the Master Rune of Smiting attacking a high elf spearman wounding once but rolled a 6 get 6 points of combat res even tho the elf only has 1 wound?.

(Note. i have looked over the rule book and from what i read that it would work that way if anyone has seen a FAQ or an errata that says one way or another plz let me know what it was.)

Minotaurs have 3 wounds per model, so can suffer multiple wounds on each model. Excess wounds from a multiple wound attack won't spill onto another model. A model can never sustain more wounds than it has in its profile (except in challenges) and as such won't give you extra combat resolution. Consequently this weapon and the Master Rune of Smiting won't have any effect on high elf spearmen.

nosferatu1001
20-12-2009, 17:22
but the d3 wounds splashes over right? like if there is a 7 man front of spears and you dish out 3 wounds and roll say 2 2 and 1 would 6 die or just 3?

Necromancy Black above explicitly said this does not work - you can only do as many wounds to a MODEL as the MODEL has - so 1 wound models only take 1 wound, regardless of any multiplier such as D3/D6

SoulFlame
21-12-2009, 20:34

being a broken record...just 3 wounds!

dont bother rolling for the extra dam against 1 wound models...

You only injury one model per HIT, you just get the option of causing more wounds to that model if it has more than 1 wound...

except in chalenges...to a max of 5 overkill wounds, towards CR...no extra models die from it, just towards break test etc...