PDA

View Full Version : Frenzied character charging out of frenzied unit

Da Crusha
19-12-2009, 05:02
I had this situation the other day: I was using WoC, a chaos lord on juggernaught and mark of khorne, inside a unit of knights with the mark of khorne. I was getting set up so that I would have to charge a bait unit and then I was going to get flanked when I overran. I wanted to have my knight unit charge the bait and then the lord charge the muscle that was going to hit flank, is this legal? there was a lot of dispute if it was or not.

stripsteak
19-12-2009, 05:08
no its not. either the character can charge out of a unit. or the character is bound to charge with the unit. you can't have them charge separate targets...unless the character charges during movement and the unit later charges via magic.

Taishar
19-12-2009, 05:18
Also, because they are frenzied, and are capable of charging, they must charge (as neither unit can declare a charge, and must wait till they are forced to charge). You can't charge the character out.

Cheers

Nurgling Chieftain
19-12-2009, 06:41
Yeah, in this case the unit charges, and therefore the character cannot separately charge another target.

The Red Scourge
19-12-2009, 07:35
Lesson to learn:

Do not place your chaos characters in knight units. The knights can easily take care of themselves. Instead place them with dogs, dogs are much better at taking a 'Waroof, Sir!' test, and instead of having one expensive unit( = target), you force your opponent to choose :)

Da Crusha
19-12-2009, 07:44
thanks guys. nice trick scourge!