PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Harpy-models?

Xzazzarai
20-12-2009, 04:45
I've been building and playing a Dark Elf army for some time now and I want to expand it with some Harpies.
I've only used proxies so far for Harpies, but I want to have something more... real.
I don't like the current models (nor the Daemons Furies either) so I'm looking for ways to convert them, or if someone knows of some other manufacturer than GW that makes similar models?

I've had some tips about using the wings from the new Tyranids when they are released, along with some other half-naked hapry-like model, but I want to keep my eyes open for alternatives!

Allso, if the price can be kept down, it's a good thing! ;)

Any ideas?

Ultimate Life Form
20-12-2009, 04:50
This thread might be of (limited) use to you.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211527&highlight=ugliness

Otherwise, I have no idea. What about those Beastmen Harpies that were rumored? As things stand now, I doubt we can expect new models with the Beast release. On the other hand, in summer there are apparently a few Dark Elf things going on, so maybe new models then...

w3rm
20-12-2009, 04:52
Perhaps Daemonettes as a base? Use harpy wings and Daemonette bodies? All I got.

Sidorio
20-12-2009, 04:58
If your interested in them Gamezone make some fantastic harpies and as far as I'm aware their the correct size... either way their what I plan in getting for my harpies.

SamVimes
20-12-2009, 05:02
Reaper miniatures make a whole bunch of succubus models that would be totally appropriate, and much better, than the GW harpies.

Shadowsinner
20-12-2009, 08:06
those new flying tyranid models have some awesome plastic wings. Those with demonettes should make for nice harpies