PDA

View Full Version : Karaz Grong VS Tor Achare 2250pts.

phoenixcrh
20-12-2009, 20:26
This is my first battle report so please bare with me :)
The attachment shows our intitial deployment.
This is a battle fought the other day between my friend and I using HE and Dwarves.

This will be a pitched battle with 6 turns and VP.

MY LIST -
Lord. (Kazrik Braybak)
Runelord, anvil of doom, shield, runic armour (rune of stone), runic book (rune of spellbreaking, rune of the furnace) = 353.

Core Units.
3*10 quarrellers, shields = 360.
*10 warriors, great weapons, rangers = 110.

Special Units.
3*24 hammerers, shields, *3 standard bearers = 972. (6*4)
(Vengeance)
Runic bolt thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of burning), engineer = 90.
(Retribution)
Runic bolt thrower (rune of penetrating), engineer = 85.

Rare Units.
*2 gyrocopters = 280.

= 2250.
Models 112 + 5 war machines.
PD 2, DD 7 + 1 dispel scroll.

HIS LIST -
General.
Lord. (Lathain)
Archmage, seerstaff of saphery = 255.
Hero. (Thanan)
Mage, ring of fury = 140.
Hero. (Senthoi)
Noble, BSB, radiant gem of hoeth, halberd, shield, dragon armour, barded elven steed = 179.

Core Units.
*24 spearmen, standard bearer, warbanner = 246. (6*4)
*22 spearmen, standard bearer = 208. (BSB goes here) (6*4)

Special Units.
*18 white lions, guardian, standard bearer, banner of sorcery = 344. (6*3)
*18 white lions, guardian, standard bearer = 294. (6*3)
*2 lion chariots = 280.

Rare Units.
*2 repeater bolt throwers = 200.
*2 great eagles = 100.

= 2246.
Models 85 + 4 war machines + 2 monsters.
PD 8-10 + bound spell, DD 6 + 1 to dispel.

MAGIC -
Lathain –
Lore of heavens – second sign of amul, forked lightning, uranons thunderbolt.

Thanan and Senthoi –
High magic – drain magic, shield of saphery.

I rolled for the first turn and off we go -

HIGH ELF TURN 1
The AM moves away from the bolt throwers, he moved the big unit of spearmen to counter my rangers, moved his entire right hand line forward at full march and flew his eagles in front on my hammerers. He cast shield of saphery on his remaining chariot and smaller spearmen unit, I dispelled the rest. His bolt throwers killed off 5 xbows and caused them to flee.

DWARF TURN 2
The xbows rally, the rangers move closer to the bolt throwers angling out of the spearmen’s charge arc and the gyros fly behind the white lions angling to shoot them in the back. The gyros steam both white lion units and kill 3, the xbows kill 5 more spearmen between them, the bolt throwers kill both eagles and the anvil makes the rangers charge the remaining enemy bolt thrower. The rangers kill the enemy bolt thrower.

HIGH ELF TURN 2
The large spearmen turn and close on the rangers, the AM moves to join them, the noble moves from the other spearmen unit and charges a gyro, the white lion chariot charges the xbows and they flee, all other units move forward at march except the white lions. I shut down all magic except the bound spell which kills 4 hammerers. In combat the noble scores 2 wounds on the gyro with none returned.

DWARF TURN 3
I rally the xbows, move the rangers to receive the spearmen charge and move the other gyro closer to the white lions. the remaining xbows all shoot the medium spearmen unit killing 7, the bolt throwers destroy the other chariot and the anvil uses ancient power wrath and ruin to kill 6 spearmen and 9 white lions! The noble destroys the gyro.

HIGH ELF TURN 3
The noble joins the larger white lions unit, the spearmen charge the rangers who hold, the spearmen and smaller white lions combine charge the middle unit of hammerers. shield of saphery on the spearmen with the rest dispelled. the rangers kill 2 but the spearmen kill 3 lose the combat with spearmen by 6 lose there test and get run down. The hammerers take 4 casualties but kill 3 spearmen and 1 white lions lose combat by 6 but pass stubbornly.

DWARF TURN 4
The hammerers on the lower hill charge the spearmen in the flank, the gyro moves to shoot the unengaged white lions. The xbows all target the large spearmen killing 7 and causing them to panic, the bolt throwers, gyro and anvil target the unengaged white lions killing 10! in the main combat the spearmen and white lions kill 5 hammerers from the flanked block, the hammerers kill 3 spearmen and 2 white lions, while the large flank hammerers block kills 6 spearmen. The combat ends with the spearmen fleeing and getting run down by the large hammerer block also killing the attached mage and over run flanking the white lions.

HIGH ELF TURN 4
The spearmen rally, the white lions charge the 3rd hammerer unit, no magic. The main combat saw the white lions kill 4 hammerers and then getting cut down to 2 models themselves, they passed there stubborn test. The new combat of 10 white lions and the noble killed 7 hammerers with no attacks back, the hammerers failed there leadership test and get run down straight into both dwarf bolt throwers!

DWARF TURN 5
The gyro charges the large white lions in the rear. The xbows and the anvil kill the remaining spearmen unit along with the attached AM. The main combat sees 1 hammerer dieing before killing the remaining 2 white lions. Both bolt throwers die but the gyro kills 1 white lion and survives! The combat is a draw.

HIGH ELF TURN 5
The white lions kill the gyro but because they had to turn to face it due to combat reformation rules they end up facing away from the anvil!

DWARF TURN 6
The hammerer units move to face the white lions and the xbows all turn to face the white lions. Because the white lions are on a hill the xbows can see them! Between the xbows and the anvil they kill 6 white lions.

HIGH ELF TURN 6
The white lions turn turn around to face the anvil, no magic.

VICTORY TO THE DWARVES! HUZZAH!

VP DWARVES - 2011 PLUS GENERAL AND 2 STANDARDS = 2311
VP HIGH ELVES - 1183 PLUS 1 STANDARD = 1283

DWARVES WIN BY 1028 SOLID VICTORY!

After game thoughts - It was a good game although I think it went pretty badly for him as he set him self up as a slightly defensive army against the best defenders in the game lol. He also could have deployed better and not split his forces up, he realised early on that he wasnt going to outrange me so had to do what he could while moving. I LOVE GYROS!

phoenixcrh
21-12-2009, 08:01
Finally finished it :) What do you think?

Rothkeen
21-12-2009, 17:06
Nice report :D but don't the dwarves miss the first turn?

selone
21-12-2009, 20:56
They indeed do miss the turn. Thanks for the report even if it was a little hard to follow. The gyro charging the white lions was a bit lucky and your shooting seemed outrageously good :)

phoenixcrh
22-12-2009, 06:10
Oops I must have cut and paste from the wrong paragraph out of microsoft word lol sorry :)
My first turn saw a few shooting casualties to his spearmen and bolt thrower crew, the movement of my gyros in front of the hammerers and the rangers getting closer to his bolt throwers.

My shooting was really good but I was concentrating my fire on the same units most game and I had around 20-25 xbows, the bolt throwers and the anvil active most of the game.

Thanks for the input it was a great game.

Malorian
22-12-2009, 21:16
Nice battle and cool dwarf list :) All those hammerers make for a tough line.

Foegnasher
22-12-2009, 21:29
I love gyros too. With lamb and taziki sauce. Nom nom.

GuyLeCheval
27-12-2009, 10:23
I love gyros too. With lamb and taziki sauce. Nom nom.

*Sigh*

Good report. Gyrocopters are my favorite unit of the dwarfs.