PDA

View Full Version : Best Shooting Lists

w3rm
20-12-2009, 21:56
Which army hs the best shooting lists? Now obviously its going to be between WE, DE, Empire and Dwarfs. But which list is the best? My bet is the Empire. Not nessicarily a gunline but shooting heavy.

General- 108
GW, Full Plate Armour

Battle Wizard- 100
Lvl 2

Battle Wizard- 100
Lvl 2

20 Handgunners- 180
Champ, Hochland,
5 Crossbow Men- 40

20 Handgunners- 180
Champ, Hochland,
5 Crossbow Men- 40
5 Crossbow Men- 40

20 Handgunners- 180
Champ, Hochland,
5 Crossbow Men- 40
5 Crossbow Men- 40

10 Huntsmen- 100

10 Huntsmen- 100

10 Huntsmen- 100

10 Huntsmen- 100

10 Huntsmen- 100

5 Outriders- 105

5 Outriders- 105

Great Cannon- 100

Great Cannon- 100

Total- 1988
PD- 6
DD- 4
Models- 161

It has march blockers, heavy hitters and some supportive magic. What other effective shooting armies can you think of?

RichBlake
22-12-2009, 07:22
Personally my Empire list is:

General W/ Armour of Metoric Iron, Great Weapon, Pistol, Crimson Amulet (1+ save, 6+ ward, auto-passes characteristic tests apart from Ld)

Captain W/ Full Plate, Battle Standard, The Imperial Banner (Basically re-roll all leadership based tests within 12")
Battle Wizard W/ 2 Dispel Scrolls

20 Handgunners
10 Handgunner Detachment
10 Handgunner Detachment

20 Handgunners

15 Halbardiers (Characters go in here)
Full Command

5 Pistoliers
Outrider W/ Repeater Pistol

5 Pistoliers
Outrider W/ Repeater Pistol

Great Cannon

Mortar

Steam Tank

Steam Tank

Total: 1998

Basically the handgunners with the detachments deploy first with a big open patch of board in front of them, if there's a hill near me then the other 20 usually go there, failing that they go either to the left or the right of the big block. The Halbardiers then deploy just behind the handgunners ready to give them all LD 9 with a re-roll. Then the pistoliers go one on each flank as far forward as possible. Then the two steam tanks go one on each flank and the war machines find a flank or hill that offers a good LoS.

The list isn't brilliant, however the list does work fairly well. Magic armies rip me a new one but even with a Wizard Lord and 3 Battle Wizards the best I can get is 7 dispel dice, plus as many scrolls as i can carry. Against most magic heavy armies I'm either going to burn through the dice and scrolls in like 3 turns or they ignore them all together (HI TECLIS!), so I've learnt the art of simply knowing what magic to let slide and what magic to stop.

EndlessBug
22-12-2009, 07:50
Dark Elves do quite well, the mobile gunline:

1 Supreme sorc on Pegasus
- Pendant, Black staff

Sorc on pegasus
- Darkstar cloak, scroll

Sorc on pegasus
- Focus familiar, scroll

5 Dark Riders
- RxBs, Mus

5 Dark Riders
- RxBs, Mus

5 Dark Riders
- RxBs, Mus

5 Dark Riders
- RxBs, Mus

5 Shades
- great weapons
- 1 Assassin w touch of death, cloak of shadows, rune of khaine

4 RBTs

scarvet
22-12-2009, 14:15
DE:
Dreadlord, heavy armour, Sea dragon Cloak, Shield, Lifetaker, Guiding Eye, Ring of Darkness.

Sorceress, Lv2, Tome of Furion, Power stone, dark steed

Sorceress, Lv2, Dark Star Cloak, Dispel scroll, dark steed

Sorceress, Lv2, Focus Familiar, Power stone

10 Repeater crossbowmen with Shield

5 Darkrider with repeater crossbow and muisian

5 Darkrider with repeater crossbow and muisian

14 Shades with Great Weapon

14 Shades with Great Weapon

4 RBT

Odin
22-12-2009, 15:12
Which army hs the best shooting lists? Now obviously its going to be between WE, DE, Empire and Dwarfs.

Wood Elves? Not really - we don't have any shooting that can deal with high toughness or high armour save foes, and both Dark and High Elves have better magic missile weapons (with the exception of the very expensive Bow of Loren / Arcane Bodkins combo).

My Wood Elves frequently get out-shot by Tomb Kings.

Da GoBBo
22-12-2009, 23:20
Holy ****! Where do you put all those shooty people? When playing wood elves, I don't take more than 3 x 12 glade guard. It just doesn't fit the table comfortably. Where do place 60 gunners, 25 crossbowmen and 50 huntsman (don't what those are though)?

MTUCache
23-12-2009, 01:18
DEs have to take the cake on this one... The ability to field heavy-magic, fast-cav, four RBTs, and a crapload of Shades/Assassins all in the same list make them extremely tough to deal with no matter what armor save you're working with.

For bucketloads of dice-rolling fun though, I don't think you can beat the Gnoblar Horde (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU2PiZ4jPQE). Sickness.:D

Enigmatik1
23-12-2009, 01:34
DEs have to take the cake on this one... The ability to field heavy-magic, fast-cav, four RBTs, and a crapload of Shades/Assassins all in the same list make them extremely tough to deal with no matter what armor save you're working with.

For bucketloads of dice-rolling fun though, I don't think you can beat the Gnoblar Horde (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU2PiZ4jPQE). Sickness.:D

Wouldn't Skinks galore be even better?

MTUCache
23-12-2009, 01:47
Wouldn't Skinks galore be even better?

Gnoblars (w/Sharp stuff) = 2pts/model
Skinks (w/Javelins) = 5pts/model

1000 Gnoblars >>>>> 400 Skinks

Plus you get to deploy on a 6'x12" board that's completely full. 'Nuff said.

w3rm
23-12-2009, 01:53
Ahhh the Gnoblar Horde. I would love to play with 400+ Gnobbos on a board. Somewhere I saw a 2250 army with 1001 gnobbos fully painted. They are so much fun except with the money it costs to buy an army it would be the same as purchasing a small Himalayan Village.