PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts Lizards

Drayken
21-12-2009, 18:06
Right, so the list I use right now is something like this.

Oldblood-GW, shield, Hide of the Cold Ones, Glyph Necklace

Skink Priest-lvl2, Diadem of power, Plaque of tepok

Skink priest-lvl2, 2 x DS

Skink warchief-stegadon warspear

20 Saurus wt hw, fc

20 saurus wt spears, fc

2 x 12 skinks wt blowpipes

20 skink cohort, fc

6 chameleons

3 salamanders

Ancient stegadon

While it's mostly CC oriented it does okay in magic (mostly buffs for nearby units and the occasional comet). The only downfall is the range of my shooters. I usually get completely outshot til I get in range wt blowpipes and sallies. This list has performed very well and consistently against most armies I have faced (O&G, HE, skaven, etc.) but I'm worried it just won't do the trick against some of the new powerful armies I havn't faced yet (DoC, WoC, DE, vamps and new skaven).

Any comments as to how I could buff it up a bit?

w3rm
21-12-2009, 18:16
Its nice to see a list that doesnt have an EoTG, Slaan, or Carnosaur in it. Hope you do well!

Drayken
21-12-2009, 18:20
I rarely use the Slann + EotG combo, althouhg its cheesiness is justified against tzeentch hordes or any other magic-heavy armies.

w3rm
21-12-2009, 18:23
I hate the engine. No hero slot no chance of mistcasting allways goes off... Its boring to say the least!

Agnar the Howler
22-12-2009, 02:16
I hate the engine. No hero slot no chance of mistcasting allways goes off... Its boring to say the least!

Last I looked, you need a Skink Priest to have an Engine, and he also needs to be alive to use it. If people have been fielding engines as non-heroes and/or using their powers after the Priest has died, then they're cheating; but engines do take up a hero slot in the form of the skink priest that bought them.