PDA

View Full Version : i'm trying to decide what clan

tezza21
21-12-2009, 21:51
i'm starting my ork army and there is one thing i'm stuck on what clan ? . I like the idea of the goff's but i also like the idea of the bad moons. The main problem is the gazgkhull model is there any other ork caracters like nazdreg if he is still around in 5 ed. So please warseer guy's in your infinate wisdom help?

SPYDER68
21-12-2009, 21:53
Choose what Clan's paint scheme you like the most.

Take whatever ork character you want, give him a new name to match your paint scheme army, and have fun. Just tell your opponets this is my Warboss Squig.. he uses the rules for Gazgkhull..

Just as long as hes wysiwyg

The favorite paint scheme to me of orks.. Is the bad moons, yellow armored orks is nice.

But it all comes down to color prefrence to you.

Ozendorph
21-12-2009, 22:49
Always liked the badmoons personally. Great color scheme, and they get the best gear. Make up your own Warlord, if you want Ghazgul

Maxus
21-12-2009, 22:56
if they aint bloo they aint lucky

Count de Monet
21-12-2009, 23:07
You can also mix&match, most Waaghs end up with multiple clans involved anyways, sometimes they'd end up in the same engagement.

Or go Freeboota, and come up with your own color schemes.

LonelyPath
21-12-2009, 23:11
I'm having deja vu, wasn't this same thread started yesterday?

Either way, go for the clan that appeals best to you, but it's fine to also mix and match clans in the same army.

GrogDaTyrant
22-12-2009, 00:03
The clans don't mean anything anymore. GW went to lengths to make sure that all they are now is a color scheme with a paragraph or two of fluff. Pick the color-scheme you like best, and go with that. In the end, it doesn't really matter... although if you really want to, you can theme your list around a specific clan. Goffs would focus more on combat, walkers, nobs, and less on shooting or looting. Bad Moonz would focus more on shooting with an inclination towards Flash Gitz and big, expensive vehicles.

TheMav80
22-12-2009, 03:23
Bad Moons for sure!

I actually use more gold on mine than just yellow though.

DuskRaider
22-12-2009, 06:02
Blood Axes, all the way. Nothing better then an army of Greenskins who emulate their enemy's tactics in order to win. Or better yet, they'll hire themselves out to an Imperial world for equipment, then come back a week later and use it on the same folks. Priceless. The conversion possibilities are endless, too.

lordmoon
22-12-2009, 06:24
Goffs, they're the ardist.

tezza21
22-12-2009, 10:43
i remember the time when goff's had there own mini's they were sweet for the time:)

Lothlanathorian
22-12-2009, 12:10
I am partial to the Bad Moonz and the Blood Axez. One is all about how dey iz da bestedest becuz dey has all da teef to buy all da best shootas. Da uvver iz all about how dey iz gonna sneak up behind ya and bust ya good while ya ain't lookin' ya dumb git.

And what DuskRaider said.

LonelyPath
22-12-2009, 12:21
i remember the time when goff's had there own mini's they were sweet for the time:)

I still have a few of the old Goff metals lurking about the house somewhere, the Goff Rock Band are among them (still some of my favourite models), when I dig them out I plan to use them as Nobs in boyz mobs.

Also, the 2nd edition Ork plastics were Goffs as well, so much love they've had over time, even more so sonce Stormboyz are Goff.

Yep, my Waagh!'s Goff, but that's coz der the best and da 'ardest!

Latro_
22-12-2009, 13:18
All depends how fluffy you want to go with army selection and how you want them to look.

My blood axe army (see sig) is desert camo themed and they are a SOB to paint but stand out a bit more then say a goff army.

adam-352
22-12-2009, 13:20
Goffs are all good, apart from the glut of players spraying their orks black and saying 'theyre goffs, so i get ghazkull', so they get an easy paint job and an 'uber' character.

Probably just a problem near me though, i think theyre a great clan and the old metals are awesome

edit: first post :)

TheShadowCow
22-12-2009, 13:30
Captain Badruk can stand in for Nazdreg at a pinch if you're dead set on Bad Moons being led by someone with established background.

Interestingly enough, that frees up both your HQ spots for Meks, allowing more of those shiney yellow Dreddz :p