PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld "Ork killa kanon"

ard boy stu
22-12-2009, 12:06
Hey just wondering guys,do you guys think it is possibol to use the Forgeworld ORK KIL KANNON as a big gunz Ork kannnon?

Cheers

Oddball96
22-12-2009, 12:20
I think it's possible and could turn out quite well

ard boy stu
22-12-2009, 12:31
cheers Oddball96 I think ill give it a go, as any one else tried this? Do you guys think I should give it a base and what size?

Partisan Rimmo
22-12-2009, 13:19
Never seen it done, but it's a great big canon, and a beautiful one at that, so it should be perfect.

That's the beauty of Ork stuff, you just have to make it the right dimensions and stick it in place.

Eulenspiegel
22-12-2009, 13:52
Not to be patronising you, Stu, but in the olden days we grey-bearded Ork veterans scratchbuilt tons of our own stuff, or merely heavily converted it.

Iīm still surprised how many of the 4th ed. "new" Ork players almost build their units as-is out of the box, not even headswaps between the different kits.

The new Ork line is perfect to mix-match and convert. E.g. the turret of the battlewagon and its cannon can easily be converted to a big gun, or a boomgun for a Looted Wagon. With a little work it can be all of them, by interchanging parts.

[/old man mode] :cool:

Unless you exclusively play pricks donīt worry too much about the correct measurements. Just donīt model merely to get an advantage and keep the base size or the modelīs footprint on the table roughly like it looks on GWīs photographs.
For your big gun: just mount it on a carriage or put two wheels on it and it should be fine.

DuskRaider
22-12-2009, 17:32
scratchbuilding is the way to go. Why not even go on eBay and pick up a Stompa gigashoota or something to that effect? It'd be huge, and isn't that what Orks are really all about? If all else fails, pick up some plasticard tubing, cut it at slightly odd angles to make it look half-arsed, and tie some wire around it to hold it all together. Job's a gud 'un!

Deamon-forge
22-12-2009, 18:13
i am thinking of using the Mega-dread kil kannon as a normal kannon as its damn nice.

MajorWesJanson
22-12-2009, 21:21
I plan to use Lego wagon wheels and the spare Zzap guns from battle wagons to make a big gun battery. Just have to dig out my legos.

synthet
22-12-2009, 23:08
I use the Ork Killa kanon as a big gunz Ork kannnon. It turn out very nice. I have no base at the moment, but Iīm planning to make one.