PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms

turelhim vampire
22-12-2009, 12:15
No idea if this has been heard before, but I heard from someone in my gaming club at Warhammer World that Ogre Kingdoms are currently being worked on for release in 2010, and that - playtesting permitting - they might be getting a "Mammoth of the Plains" as a large monster (likely a mount/rare choice, like a stegadon).

Make of that what you will.

shabbadoo
22-12-2009, 12:19
Look down a bit and you will see a thread on Ogre Kingdoms that has already been Moved. 241 posts in that one.

narrativium
22-12-2009, 12:32
This one actually sounds like a rumour, though, so it belongs here (as opposed to the other thread, which became both a wishlist and a development discussion)

Thurizdan
22-12-2009, 13:02
Ogre Kingdoms in 2010 would mean they would have to preceed 8th Edition as they would be busy with mainstay armies once that came out. And I thought we had a fairly strong idea that Ogres would NOT be redone in 7th. That's what I make of it.

If they made something that huge, it would have to be plastic. They won't make a plastic kit unless they know it's going to sell because of the cost of creating the molds. This would not sell.

Odin
22-12-2009, 13:13
Ogre Kingdoms in 2010 would mean they would have to preceed 8th Edition as they would be busy with mainstay armies once that came out. And I thought we had a fairly strong idea that Ogres would NOT be redone in 7th. That's what I make of it.

If they made something that huge, it would have to be plastic. They won't make a plastic kit unless they know it's going to sell because of the cost of creating the molds. This would not sell.

...unless they made a mammoth kit that could be used by OKs and Warriors of Chaos... seems unlikely, but it could work.

Avian
22-12-2009, 13:36
"Mammoth of the Plains"
Nah, my Ogre book says the Mammoths live up amongst the mountain peaks, not down on the plains. Surely it must be some kind of misunderstanding. ;)

Max1mum
22-12-2009, 14:01
Unles they cought one from up in the peaks and dragged it down to use it as a mount on the plains ....? ;-)

UlricDarksoul
22-12-2009, 15:28
isn't the ogre with the sabertooths a mountain guy? wouldn't be possible for him to "tame" a mammoth?

beside the yeteehs are also montain ogre

ro-sa22
22-12-2009, 16:21
Maybe this means, OK will really be done in mai after BOC.
I cross my fingers.

SuperArchMegalon
22-12-2009, 21:23
Sounds cool, but unlikely. Probably just somebody getting creative before a long game of telephone, ending here at Warseer. I doubt anyone has heard anything true yet - since GW clamped down, this rumors forum seems less and less useful every day! :[

Thurizdan
23-12-2009, 02:40
a long game of telephone

Off topic, but is this the same thing as "Chinese Whispers"?

chaos0xomega
23-12-2009, 02:59
I feel like a broken record: Brimstone has pretty much confirmed that OK will probably be out in 2010.

Ultimate Life Form
23-12-2009, 03:18
I feel like a broken record: Brimstone has pretty much confirmed that OK will probably be out in 2010.

Awwww, you poor thing. :(

But here's the solution: Put it in your sig! :evilgrin: God, if I could put the answers to all the stupid questions I keep seeing in my sig, it would be as long as the BRB.

But on the Mammoth... No. Just no. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Happy wishlisting everyone and Merry Christmas.

SuperArchMegalon
23-12-2009, 04:05

Are you referring to this post, in the now Fantasy General OK thread?

Nothing to apologise for and you rumour is fairly reasonable :angel:

I hope that's what he meant... seems a little bit too cryptic to go spreading around. Time will tell.

chaos0xomega
23-12-2009, 04:17
I'm fairly certain it is, as the only person that was apologetic in that thread, up to that point, was the OP in his original post...

ro-sa22
23-12-2009, 08:34
+ Harry hinted that TK will not be the next army after BOC...
Yes i know, nobody knows if he put 40K away, but I just wanna believe.

For me everything sounds reasonably that OK will come in mai.

Schelle
23-12-2009, 12:25
Looks like this thread will end up being moved as well or even closed. My source said that OK release will be the end of 2010, so let's say late 2010, early 2011.

That's all I'm going to say, the rest is in the other thread, the one that was moved due to being more wishlisting than actual rumours.

Just keep in mind that due to GW's new policy one should only expect to get some 'believable' rumours about one month before the actual release of an army. So most 'so-called' rumours in most of these threads are actually wishlisting, at least that's the rumour...ok, I lost myself now...

mrtn
23-12-2009, 12:36
turelhim vampire, thanks for posting what you heard, regardless of all the flak rumour posters inevitably get. :)

Alltaken
23-12-2009, 17:23
they always could be rinox cavalry which are pretty big guys anyway.

I have a real hard time believing this, since a mammoth creature which an ogre would (allready prety large miniature) would be humongous. Halfway through a squigoth perhaps?

Grimstonefire
23-12-2009, 19:05
Or maybe a rhinox ancient? Seems in warhammer that putting 'ancient' after something is just another way to charge more.

It would be more realistic than a mammoth.

bomblu
23-12-2009, 19:12
they always could be rinox cavalry which are pretty big guys anyway.

Think it was on the 'Italian Games Day' thing, ogre cavalry seemed to be the most possible new unit type which was hinted at. They'de be pretty sweet, might also lead to a new scraplauncher (or we could make cheaper ones by using the plastic rhinox and scratchbuild the launcher :p)

Captain Cortez
23-12-2009, 23:41
A mammoth model would be interesting but it doesn't seem to fit the army book?

Since their has been a fad with GW having the biggest baddest monster lately, maybe this big thing is a some sorta Sasqauch or giant cat.

But I've heard that O&G might be taking the O K army slot?

ICLRK625
24-12-2009, 05:04
I don't see how it doesn't fit the Pre-Historic/Ice Age theme of the Ogres. Wooly Rhinos aren't too far from Wooly Mammoths from where I'm standing.

Besides, the rule of cool demands a Tyrant riding a Wooly Mammoth : )

bomblu
24-12-2009, 08:35
I don't see how it doesn't fit the Pre-Historic/Ice Age theme of the Ogres.

It's because Ogres are not Pre-historic/Ice age - Ogres are (at lest, model wise) based on the Mongols (lead by Genghis Khan). Their swords, draperies, 'helmets' and so on are heavily influenced by the Mongol Empire tbh, which hasnt got anything prehistoric to it.

If you're talking about the Saber Tusks then, yes, maybe - but that's one set of models out of a whole range. And ogres would look v.silly with normal sized hunting dogs or what not :p

Avian
24-12-2009, 10:14
Mammoth's are mentioned many places in the current book and would fit in seamlessly.

bomblu
24-12-2009, 10:27
Mammoth's are mentioned many places in the current book and would fit in seamlessly.

I mentioned the mongols to clarify the 'cave man' misconception - i made that mistake when i saw the ogres for the 1st time :p Just a litte pointing out, no trolling ;)

As for the book, i unfortunately dont own it so i dont know the details. However, model wise, a mammoth would be amazing. There's one in the forgeworld range but having something more 'affordable' would be pretty sweet.

Though, i'm personally tempted to start an ogre army when a new book's out so my 1st preference would be ogre cavalry rather than a mammoth - we'll wait and see :p

Revlid
24-12-2009, 10:40
Ogres aren't just Mongols, in the same way that the Empire isn't just the Holy Roman Empire, and Bretonnia isn't just Medieval France.

Ogres are a mix of Mongols, Cavemen, fairytale/mythological giant cannibals (Ogres, Cyclopes, Wendigos, Giants, Laestrygones, Oni, etc), and playground bullies in a fantasy world.

Mammoths fit.

Mawchild
24-12-2009, 10:51
Sabretusks, yhetis n Rhinox all have that ice age vibe about them. I agree with the mongolian influence to the ogres but they definitely have a large pinch of the pre-historic thrown in as well.

Forgeworld already do a mammoth as Bomblu mentioned, though it would need a bit of converting it could certainly be adapted for ogres. I can well imagine seeing mounts for characters in the next army book; especially given the Ogres knack for absorbing and aping other cultures. After all a mounted tyrant would be borderline civilised.

Something better than the slave giant as a monstrous creature would be class though i think a mammoth would frankly eat up too many points in an army that it would only ever appear in the largest of games. Perhaps we will see plastic rhinox and then a forgeworld mammoth.

Finally last time i checked the rumours TK were supposed to be the last army released before 8th. Although and I'm sure this will be shot down, OK are a great starter army from a newbies perspective given low model count, ease of painting/modelling, a relitively uncomplicated ruleset and if they keep it the 'dogs-of-war' rule. Would all make them perfect for the 8th ed box set (ducking as i type).

ICLRK625
24-12-2009, 13:04
It's because Ogres are not Pre-historic/Ice age - Ogres are (at lest, model wise) based on the Mongols (lead by Genghis Khan). Their swords, draperies, 'helmets' and so on are heavily influenced by the Mongol Empire tbh, which hasnt got anything prehistoric to it.

If you're talking about the Saber Tusks then, yes, maybe - but that's one set of models out of a whole range. And ogres would look v.silly with normal sized hunting dogs or what not :p

They definitely have a touch of Ice Age and pre-historics. I don't see why any army is just restricted to a single theme, Ogres certainly aren't.

bomblu
24-12-2009, 14:22
They definitely have a touch of Ice Age and pre-historics. I don't see why any army is just restricted to a single theme, Ogres certainly aren't.

Mhm i fully get what you mean, and quite frankly, i might have been a little too 'they're mongols. period' - so i apologise :p
Though i dont think, as a release in general, we'll see any re-makes of models (unless they're the gorgers/yhetis - i dont like them too much) as the other models are, imo, superb. I'm converting one into an empire-themed ogre and they're truly a pleasure to sculpt/add/reduce stuff. I hope they wont change them. Cavalry, however, might be the best addition to the army.

Finally last time i checked the rumours TK were supposed to be the last army released before 8th. Although and I'm sure this will be shot down, OK are a great starter army from a newbies perspective given low model count, ease of painting/modelling, a relitively uncomplicated ruleset and if they keep it the 'dogs-of-war' rule. Would all make them perfect for the 8th ed box set (ducking as i type).

The most awsome thing would be like Ogres vs. Empire - you can make 2 different armies or 1 DOW one :D

Mawchild
24-12-2009, 15:38
Meant to say that in the above but had to rush off n do a bit of last minute xmas shopping.

IMHO the OKs have some of the best plastics going, the sprues are fantastic and so the range as a whole needs very little work. The Rhinox are already available in resin (though cheaper plastic ones would be great). This means that aside from the gorgers (which I like) and the yhetis (which are abominable), there is little in the range needs that needs a revamp.

In addition as has been discussed ad nauseum on several threads the rules require little more than a few tweaks, some of which may occur in 8th Ed anyway. All this makes the OK perfect to be slotted in somehere with little actual investment in time or money by GW; compared to some of the other factions (even the style of the armybook was generally well received and should for the most part be kept the same).

Perhaps with the simple addition of a big centrepiece unit/monster (Rhinox riders/mammoth). ;)

ICLRK625
24-12-2009, 17:41
Mhm i fully get what you mean, and quite frankly, i might have been a little too 'they're mongols. period' - so i apologise :p
Though i dont think, as a release in general, we'll see any re-makes of models (unless they're the gorgers/yhetis - i dont like them too much) as the other models are, imo, superb. I'm converting one into an empire-themed ogre and they're truly a pleasure to sculpt/add/reduce stuff. I hope they wont change them. Cavalry, however, might be the best addition to the army.

The most awsome thing would be like Ogres vs. Empire - you can make 2 different armies or 1 DOW one :D

Ogres have the best range in all of Fantasy in my opinion. Some of their metals (Gorgers especially) could be redone, but I really don't mind the Yhetees as much as some people do.

All I want is cavalry and a monstrous mount. The way I see it, the only thing that should be able to beat a Tyrant in a challenge (save magical item combos and what not) should be a Tyrant riding a Mammoth.

chaos0xomega
24-12-2009, 22:01

Hell no they ain't, I'm currently working on "sea ogres." I based them off the concept of the "other" great maw, you know the supposed whirlpool on the other side of the world? Yeah, so they are blue, and piratey and have tentacles/fins n' stuff...oh and gorgers are were-sharks, and (I think) Yhetees are kroxigors (with "sentient vines" instead of ice...)

R-Love
25-12-2009, 00:41
http://www.ogrestronghold.com/forum/index.php?topic=14616.0

Anyone who said mammoths don't fit, you're wrong. Something this awesome will be made to fit

howie
25-12-2009, 00:57
Mammoths should be in the army. It totally fits the theme. Woolly Rhino = good. Woolly Mammoth = win!

javgoro
25-12-2009, 01:43
Or maybe having a multi-purpose mammoth kit that certain armies can use, like the Giant nowadays, so BoC, WoC, OK, and maybe even OnG could use one... However, I have serious doubts we´ll see a mammoth for OK´s (even if we have the Oliphant and the FW mammoth as precedents).

Urgat
25-12-2009, 06:16
But on the Mammoth... No. Just no. Makes no sense whatsoever.
How so?

It would be more realistic than a mammoth.

What? It would be more realistic? Excuse me, it almost made me laugh.

Anyway, why not, making a plastic mammouth wouldn't be too different from making that Lord of the Rings mumakil.
Would be nice, imho.

bomblu
25-12-2009, 18:49
Ogres have the best range in all of Fantasy in my opinion.

All I want is cavalry and a monstrous mount.

Same, i think the guy that sculpted those beautiful plastics (forgot his name atm) should go back and do the next line of ogres. I personally wouldnt want another guy screwing around with those guys - unless it's Footit :p

Anyone who said mammoths don't fit, you're wrong. Something

Hopefully i wasnt misunderstood with my 1st comment on this thread :rolleyes: They would totally fit, it's just that they strike me as Mongolians rather than Ice-Age guys

Mammoths should be in the army. It totally fits the theme. Woolly Rhino = good. Woolly Mammoth = win!

Or maybe having a multi-purpose mammoth kit that certain armies can use, like the Giant nowadays, so BoC, WoC, OK, and maybe even OnG could use one... However, I have serious doubts we´ll see a mammoth for OK´s (even if we have the Oliphant and the FW mammoth as precedents).

It would be a very wise move - even though it would mainly be used by Ogres and Chaos, i dont think there are many other armies which (rule and lore wise) would fit with a big mammoth. Though a hairy beast ridden by Dwarfs, that'd be a damn good converted miniature :evilgrin:

R-Love
25-12-2009, 20:22
Hopefully i wasnt misunderstood with my 1st comment on this thread :rolleyes: They would totally fit, it's just that they strike me as Mongolians rather than Ice-Age guys

Aesthetically, yes they look more mongolian. However, alot of there background is based off of prehistoric tribes, and mammoths are mentioned in the book several times (if a hunter can kill one and drag it back to the tribe, why can't he catch one alive and break it to hi will?)

And it wasn't that didn't understand you, it was just a smartass comment. though I personally think ogres don't feel very mongolian (not that there is no influence from them, it just seems small compared to the caveman aspect)

bomblu
25-12-2009, 20:38
And it wasn't that didn't understand you, it was just a smartass comment.

HAHA! Thanks to the ogres, i was called a smartass for the 1st time :p Bah no offence taken, in fact, i need to read up on my ogre lore :p Well, considering that most of the range is one of GW's best, the only thing the company 'needs' to do would be a new army book (are they underpowered? had read this somewhere on warseer but i'm not too sure about that) and one or two new boxes. If we assume they'll introduce mounts, all they need to do would be sculpt the mounts and re-do ogre legs, and use the same torso-and-up stuff, with slight pose-changes.

That could possibly be the smallest but best release ever made :D

R-Love
25-12-2009, 23:36
HAHA! Thanks to the ogres, i was called a smartass for the 1st time :p Bah no offence taken, in fact, i need to read up on my ogre lore :p Well, considering that most of the range is one of GW's best, the only thing the company 'needs' to do would be a new army book (are they underpowered? had read this somewhere on warseer but i'm not too sure about that) and one or two new boxes. If we assume they'll introduce mounts, all they need to do would be sculpt the mounts and re-do ogre legs, and use the same torso-and-up stuff, with slight pose-changes.

That could possibly be the smallest but best release ever made :D

The smartass bit was directed at myself, but if it makes you happy, you can be a smartass too (it's easy :p)

The ogre book is a little underpowered, due to a number of factors (no SCR, expensive troops, can't really deal with large flyers, etc). It takes a little more skill to win, but it is more rewarding when you do.

And Forgeworld's rhinox riders go on that exact principle - you get a body which is basically a bull body with wider legs for the Rhinox. They didn't even bother sculpting arms or heads, they just give you a bull sprue with the rhinox (meaning each kit also gives you two bulls :D)

bomblu
26-12-2009, 09:21
And Forgeworld's rhinox riders go on that exact principle - you get a body which is basically a bull body with wider legs for the Rhinox. They didn't even bother sculpting arms or heads, they just give you a bull sprue with the rhinox (meaning each kit also gives you two bulls :D)

If GW would actually do these miniatures the rhinoxes would prob be a tad smaller than the FW ones (i think - unless they'll be like the chaos juggernaught though that'd mean the metal mini would have to be very versatlie to pose it in more than one stance or we'll all end up with synchro-rhinox-guys :p) and, hopefully, they'll be cheaper :D

FerrumIgnatus
26-12-2009, 09:48
I play Ogre Kingdoms myself, and I would bet a few quid on that they either will get Rhinox Cavalry or something more intimidating then a Gorger.. A multi-useable mammoth would be EYECANDY, and I would surely get one if GW decides to spit one out of their plastic forge, but as someone else mentioned before; Unless GW is not 100% sure it will sell, they won't produce it.

And when GW re-works the Ogre Kingdoms rules, PLEASE, re-work the Hunter rules. at least give him the move and shoot rule!

Mawchild
26-12-2009, 11:45
Simply letting him move-and-shoot with the javelins (preferably x2/3 shots) that the mini comes with would do.

Back onto mammoths in OK fluff the mastodan armour alone confirms that they co-exist.

The thoughts of an all mounted OK force just makes me smile. Probably be only about a dozen models but it would be an absolute steamroller and would look amazing on the tabletop. :D

EdFireborn
26-12-2009, 12:13
Back onto mammoths in OK fluff the mastodan armour alone confirms that they co-exist.

The thoughts of an all mounted OK force just makes me smile. Probably be only about a dozen models but it would be an absolute steamroller and would look amazing on the tabletop. :D

It would be absolutely amazing!!! And we'd have all the threads about never finding a game except for ogretank armies.... and how it was OP :D

Mawchild
26-12-2009, 13:26
Yeah imagine a unit which had a tyrant on mammoth, mounted butchers casting troll guts, BSB with Rune Maw and and 6 Rhinox Cav with full com and Bull Standard. You'd need more than the the force and an x-wing to bring down that Death Star. The impact hits alone would wipe out most units. :D:D

Vogon
26-12-2009, 14:10
Mamoth and Rhinox would both be cool additions to the updated book when it comes out. I ended up buying a couple of FW rhinox riders and I don't even have an ogre army. (maybe one day)

I thnink ogres are a cool concept but for me need a little more fleshing out from a background point of view. From a modelling point of view I don't like the butchers or the tyrant models, love the hunter though.

Cheers

Vogon

R-Love
26-12-2009, 17:33
If GW would actually do these miniatures the rhinoxes would prob be a tad smaller than the FW ones (i think - unless they'll be like the chaos juggernaught though that'd mean the metal mini would have to be very versatlie to pose it in more than one stance or we'll all end up with synchro-rhinox-guys :p) and, hopefully, they'll be cheaper :D

Hopefully, that won't be a problem. They'lll probably do a kit that size in plastic or not at all, so it'll be easier to change the poses if you need to.

And on price, it should be cheaper than FW, as I don't think even GW have the balls to charge their prices...don't quote me on that though :(

Captain Cortez
26-12-2009, 20:36
Hmm just looked into the fluff more (past white dwarfs and the armybook) and found some tid bits of pre-historic references.

I think now looking at the fluff of the Ogres they are a mountian and cliff people. But why not have Dragon Ogres then?

A mammoth would be kool, but I don't want another stegadon type of monster running around. We'll see.

ICLRK625
26-12-2009, 22:20
Hmm just looked into the fluff more (past white dwarfs and the armybook) and found some tid bits of pre-historic references.

I think now looking at the fluff of the Ogres they are a mountian and cliff people. But why not have Dragon Ogres then?

A mammoth would be kool, but I don't want another stegadon type of monster running around. We'll see.

Because Dragon Ogres are Chaos, not Ice Age. Ogres have very little terror for an army of massive, belligerent gluttons. Big monster cavalry is perfect for them, and fairly unique as far as other armies go.

I don't see how people miss the blatant ice age references. They have Sabre Tooth Tigers and Wooly Rhinos for God's sake, how much more blatant can it be?

Skullking
27-12-2009, 05:07
I approve any and all additions of Mammoths to Warhammer in anyway. Depending on how cool this is (assuming it's true), could make me an ogre player. The rhinox set me up, this could knock me down. :D

ftayl5
27-12-2009, 09:26
:cries:sadly, form what I've heard, ogres are gping the way of the kislevites, nobody buys them, I reckon they'll be discontinued :cries:

Vogon
27-12-2009, 09:34
I think people would buy them if their rules were tweaked a little and they added Rhinox cavalry into the list.

Adding a mammoth would just be the icing on the cake.

Cheers

Vogon

Seabo
27-12-2009, 09:55
I for one know quite a few people that play them. Wouldn't mind getting them myself actually :D
I don't think OK will go the way of Kislev...besides Kislev was pretty much junk except for the cool Ice lore...now that I miss lol.
On this issue of Tyrants not looking so great, a friend of mine made a conversion of a Female Tyrant. Called Ma Kettle she is the epitome of Ogre....beautiness :p
Beard and all. She rocks :) someday I will try to get a pic of her.

Orkfaeller
27-12-2009, 11:24
nobody buys them
Just make a WarMammoth, add it to the Dogs of War, and even every non-Ogreplayer will buy some :P

Genghis Khan
27-12-2009, 11:40
Giant mammoth can be possible, of course LOTR have their own war mumak on a giant base size. Would it be possible that GW decided to make a bigger size base which will be added to the new 8th edition rulebook?

Personally, I find the new dragons are too big to fit on the chariot base size (50mmx100mm).

Revlid
27-12-2009, 11:58
:cries:sadly, form what I've heard, ogres are gping the way of the kislevites, nobody buys them, I reckon they'll be discontinued :cries:
Yeah, sure they are. :eyebrows:

ICLRK625
27-12-2009, 13:54

Tons of people play Ogres, they're one of the most heavily converted armies, and one of the best starter armies considering the low cost and easy hobbying done with them. Fantasy isn't like 40k where the vast majority of players play Space Marines, it's fairly diverse as far as armies go.

bomblu
27-12-2009, 17:53
Tons of people play Ogres, they're one of the most heavily converted armies, and one of the best starter armies considering the low cost and easy hobbying done with them.

Which is why they should put them in the new starter set :D Even though the ammount of convertion possibilities would drastically decrease - most starter armies just require you to stick a torsoe to legs, or just stick on a head (IF i'm not mistaken, i never bought a starter set)

Fantasy isn't like 40k where the vast majority of players play Space Marines, it's fairly diverse as far as armies go.

...and thank God for that ;)

chaos0xomega
27-12-2009, 18:06
bomblu, sounds about right... but thats why Ogres are such a good choice for the starter set, they pretty much are like that already!

Urgat
27-12-2009, 18:24

I've heard they sell a lot, both with WFB people and 40k people :p

Ludaman
27-12-2009, 18:55
Here's what I hope for Ogres in their next book: A ******** better color scheme, the "I have scurvy and it's turning my skin green, so I dipped my fist in blood" look just doesn't do it for me. All the best looking ogres on CMoN are painted with human looking skin, c'mon GW you made an ugly looking army, now fix it!

Mawchild
27-12-2009, 20:48
Ogres are the perfect army for the starter set for several reasons.

Firstly they have a presence in every phase of the game but don't dominate any of them.

Secondly their minis are easy to build, easy to paint and easy to convert.

Thirdly the dogs of war rule means that even if you decide not to play OK they an still have a place in your collection with out simply gathering dust.

Finally compared to a lot of other races they have a reasonably uncomplicated rule set and simple to use armybook.

I very much doubt they will be in there but I think they should. The problem is who do you put in there with them? Until the armybook is revamped it would be difficult not to pair them up against someone who wouldn't totally own them. Fluffwise I guess Orcs or Empire would be the easiest to justify though due to there wandering nature a case could be made for anyone. OK vs TK would be pretty cool though having two unorthodox magic users in the starter might be unwise and fluff could be a little tricky to explain.

Spiney Norman
27-12-2009, 22:39
I've heard they sell a lot, both with WFB people and 40k people :p

Yep, its only as an army they suck, individually ogre units are pretty cost-effective to graft into say an Empire army as a DoW choice, they also make great coversion pieces for IG Ogryns or choas ogres etc

Ri-xthoal Lord of Lustira
27-12-2009, 23:16
Orge should have Masterdon as a mount chice because it has been mention in their book.

Hey, spiney.

bomblu
28-12-2009, 10:11
I very much doubt they will be in there but I think they should.

Yep, as much as i wish they'd be in some form of starter set, i also highly doubt they'll be in. With a bit of army-book-magic, GW could make Ogres the Terminators of fantasy - even though i dont rly want that :p

As pretty as a Gnoblar
28-12-2009, 10:49
Guys,Guys!

Harry confirmed Ogres are out in the first half of 2010!

I think I just ji..d in my pants :)

GuyLeCheval
28-12-2009, 11:08
Guys,Guys!

I think I just ji..d in my pants :)

Ehm, in which thread?

EdFireborn
28-12-2009, 11:23
The Tomb Kings Thread;

just saying that Ogres will be next year... with a first half release likely...

FerrumIgnatus
28-12-2009, 11:34
The Tomb Kings Thread;

just saying that Ogres will be next year... with a first half release likely...

I'm devouring that with a salted gnoblar.. But, if Ogres REALLY are released the first half of next year, then I pitty my wallet..

druchii7
28-12-2009, 12:13
where? i see no harry confirmations in that thread...

bomblu
28-12-2009, 12:24
Guys,Guys!

I think I just ji..d in my pants

Well, if that's true... :D:D:D:D

If not, don't do that again :shifty:

IF IT'S TRUE - we'll be seeing more Ogres stuff early February (hopefully :evilgrin:)

bomblu
28-12-2009, 12:33
Sorry for double post, but:

Harry's comment on the previous page needs to be matched up to his comment MUCH earlier in this thread - to the effect that (paraphrase) "... if I were talking about the army coming after Beastmen, I wouldn't be talking about Tomb Kings."

Ergo, it strongly appears that he's indicating that Tomb Kings will NOT be the army released after Beastmen. Further, he seems to be suggesting that Ogres are scheduled for the first half of 2010.

iirc, Space Hulk was a September release as well. I wouldn't be surprised if GW has gotten it into their heads to do a boxed release every September - though assuming that 8th edition fills up the slot in either 2010 or 2011 I have no clue what else they would use for a boxed release.

It wasnt Harry, at least not directly, but i also have read/know for sure that TK's arnt after Beasts. BUT there are more than Ogres that need a form of re-do.

I am going to assume that 8th is in the summer (as this is what happened last time with the new edition of the rules) and then September will see a new Starter set. This is what happened last time. (7th) I remember Gamesday was chaos with youngsters everywhere unpacking battle for skull pass.

Raather than Ogres, Harry seems to hint a new starter set in September '10, i hope it's a fantasy one (BfSP was 06 if i'm not mistaken, there goes the 4 year span of an edition). It'd be interesting to see a '7th/8th edition Ogres book' like they had done with Dwarfs, but 1st quearter might be a little too early to be a semi-8th edition book.

enyoss
28-12-2009, 13:08
Ogres are the perfect army for the starter set for several reasons.

Firstly they have a presence in every phase of the game but don't dominate any of them.

Secondly their minis are easy to build, easy to paint and easy to convert.

Thirdly the dogs of war rule means that even if you decide not to play OK they an still have a place in your collection with out simply gathering dust.

Finally compared to a lot of other races they have a reasonably uncomplicated rule set and simple to use armybook.

All good points, particularly the Dogs of War one (although I get the feeling that's something GW doesn't want to encourage anyway). The only problem I would see is that the whole army causes fear, which is quite a big thing for new players to get to grips with. For example, was Hate Greenskins included in the Battle for Skull Pass dwarf rules, or did they omit it?

For what it's worth though, I don't think Ogres would be in the starter set (probably be one of Empire or Greenskins again... they seem to be the favourites).

bomblu
28-12-2009, 13:23
All good points, particularly the Dogs of War one (although I get the feeling that's something GW doesn't want to encourage anyway). The only problem I would see is that the whole army causes fear, which is quite a big thing for new players to get to grips with. For example, was Hate Greenskins included in the Battle for Skull Pass dwarf rules, or did they omit it?

For what it's worth though, I don't think Ogres would be in the starter set (probably be one of Empire or Greenskins again... they seem to be the favourites).

I might be going off topic here but, quite frankly, Warhammer Fantasy starter sets is one of GW's problems. Luckily enough fantasy doesnt seem to have a 'space marine' army (where the majority of 12 to 16 year olds collect the same army) but armies seem to be spread out quite evenly. This makes me think they've got a greater chance of bossting up the sales of armies which, possibly, dont sell as much as say Fantasy Chaos or Empire. There could be

Empire vs Chaos/Orcs/Skaven/Undead/Deamons/Beastme
Brettonia vs Beastmen/Undead (both vamps and tk's)
Wood/High elves vs Dark elves/Chaos in general/Lizardmen/Skaven
Dwarfs vs Skaven/Orks

Anyway, Ogres... hopefully Harry'll come in this forum and give us more info :rolleyes:

ro-sa22
28-12-2009, 13:57
Well:

ChaosOmega said:
OK are coming first half 2010.
BOOM!

Harry answered:
Badda Bing Badda Boom.

Enough for me.
OK is coming in mai.

chaos0xomega
28-12-2009, 17:03
I'm famous enough to be cross-referenced in another post?

Schweet.

Anyway, long story short, Harry suggested that Brimstone was wrong about Ogres coming out in the second half of 2010, but he wasn't entirely wrong. So I suggested that Ogres were out in the first half, and harry didnt really do anything to shoot that down or confirm it (except say bada bing bada boom).

Urgat
28-12-2009, 18:21
And "bada bing bada boom" as as clear a statement as one could get, of course :D

Ludaman
28-12-2009, 19:14
Yeah all signs point to ogres in first quarter 2010. For the record I think its being pretty much assumed based on solid rumours that Orcs and Empire are the starter set for 8th.

Deus Mechanicus
28-12-2009, 19:51
Ogre Kingdoms is a fascinating army. One of the main reason i never got into Fantasy is because i CBA to paint up 20 men regiments where half of the dudes will never do anything except provide rank bonus.

If Ogre Kingdoms remains a relativily low model count army that is also playable (I did look into Ogre Kingdoms when it was first released but from what i can recall it was a fairly weak army then too....) its a done deal for me.

Captain Cortez
28-12-2009, 20:15
I'm famous enough to be cross-referenced in another post?

Schweet.

Anyway, long story short, Harry suggested that Brimstone was wrong about Ogres coming out in the second half of 2010, but he wasn't entirely wrong. So I suggested that Ogres were out in the first half, and harry didnt really do anything to shoot that down or confirm it (except say bada bing bada boom).

Yeah but you and I know that Harry is enjoying this way to much and just giving scraps to sorta please the masses.

Dang it I want to know more lol.

ddfishy
28-12-2009, 22:24
Yeah all signs point to ogres in first quarter 2010. For the record I think its being pretty much assumed based on solid rumours that Orcs and Empire are the starter set for 8th.

I don't think first quarter is right...maybe first half...

Jan- Nids
Feb- Beasts
March- LOTR/40k scenario expansion
April-June- A definite possibility with my assumption being May being the month of choice.

Ivellis
28-12-2009, 23:02
What we know about 2010:

Jan: Tyranids
Feb: Beastmen
March: Battle Missions Supplement
April: Blood Angels

Therefor first quarter is unlikely.

Ludaman
28-12-2009, 23:11
Yeah that was my bad, I meant first half. Clerks get mad when I try to give them 25 cents instead of fifty also...

bomblu
29-12-2009, 09:42
What we know about 2010:

Very interesting points there Ivellis, i'm not too up-to-date on release dates tbh, but (now here's just my views on it)

1) What if they're going to simply 'fix' ogres with a White Dwarf-update? I know it's very far fetched but hey, from what i gathered the fulff section is pretty decent in the ogres book and the bits i've seen from it, the layout and artowrk is amazing. If it's only the rules that need revising, i'm all in for a WD update.

2) If they opt to re-do the book, then all they'd need to do would fix the (what i understand to be) underpowerdness of the ogres, toss in a new unit or two (what if they include halflings? - wishlistin' :D) as the current model line's brilliant. So, keeping on the safe side, they could just get over with the release by creating a rhinox-rider boxed set, and destroy the previous box-artwork and replace it with a photoshopped counterpart :shifty:

But yeah, 1st half of 2010's more than good for me at least (still got lots of empires to paint). Hell, if i were in charge of GW, i'd beef up the ogres book into a DoW book whilst they're at it, and release a boxed set of models once every 3 months or so :rolleyes:

Spiney Norman
29-12-2009, 10:34
Very interesting points there Ivellis, i'm not too up-to-date on release dates tbh, but (now here's just my views on it)

1) What if they're going to simply 'fix' ogres with a White Dwarf-update? I know it's very far fetched but hey, from what i gathered the fulff section is pretty decent in the ogres book and the bits i've seen from it, the layout and artowrk is amazing. If it's only the rules that need revising, i'm all in for a WD update.

2) If they opt to re-do the book, then all they'd need to do would fix the (what i understand to be) underpowerdness of the ogres, toss in a new unit or two (what if they include halflings? - wishlistin' :D) as the current model line's brilliant. So, keeping on the safe side, they could just get over with the release by creating a rhinox-rider boxed set, and destroy the previous box-artwork and replace it with a photoshopped counterpart :shifty:

But yeah, 1st half of 2010's more than good for me at least (still got lots of empires to paint). Hell, if i were in charge of GW, i'd beef up the ogres book into a DoW book whilst they're at it, and release a boxed set of models once every 3 months or so :rolleyes:

Interesting idea, I think you've highlighted the main problem with the Ogre Kingdoms, its a fairly recent book, well put together, great models etc, but the army simply doesn't work. One option they could have used was to put out a PDF containing a temporary fix until its time to redo them (they did something similar with Dark Elves last edition I seem to remember). Instead they seem to have been content to hike it up the army book order and redo it slightly early.

From their point of view it does mean they don't necessarily have to do much work on it, all the existing models (possibly excluding the gorger) and absolutely great, so redo the gorger, add some Rhinox cavalry, mix up the artwork in the book, maybe add a couple of new ones, and you've got an ulta-low effort release.

mrtn
29-12-2009, 13:08
I don't think they'll do a WD list, they seem to prefer real armybooks. Not every armybook that's been redone have really needed it, it's not as if the Lizardmen had obsolete plastics, and the old rules worked fine as well.
I don't think they're interested in a small release either, as that would probably not sell enough models. So at least two plastic kits and some metal characters would be my guess, and also a totally new unit/monster.

bomblu
29-12-2009, 15:28
I don't think they'll do a WD list, they seem to prefer real armybooks. Not every armybook that's been redone have really needed it, it's not as if the Lizardmen had obsolete plastics, and the old rules worked fine as well.
I don't think they're interested in a small release either, as that would probably not sell enough models. So at least two plastic kits and some metal characters would be my guess, and also a totally new unit/monster.

Rhinox riders, Mammoth, re-sculpted plastic gorgers (which would allow us to convert into yhettis with lots of greenstuff fur) and gnoblar lords :D Oh, and halflings :p

Well, 2/3's of that stuff is highly improbable but having a small release isn't anything unheard of. If i'm not mistaken, the Dark Elf one didnt have a massive new release - plastic corsairs, some metals and the hydra.

Still, i hope they dont mess with the line of ogre models (which makes me think, a re-boxed set would mean 5 in a box? Who knows...

harry might, but he hasnt commented here yet :D

EDIT:

2010 is a fantasy year?

- Beastmen in februari
- Ogre Kingdoms in april
- Tomb Kings in June
- July - September (different 2nd wave releases, mainly Dark Elves and WoC)
- 8th edition - September
- starterkit - October
- Bretonnia - November
- O&G - Februari 2011, followed by Empire, WE, Dwarfs.
;-)

Edit: There is a "bit" of guessing in it;-), but they said 2010 will be a fantasy year. So for me a fantasy year is nothing less than this.

Ogres in April? Not bad, atm i just wish this guy knows what he's saying :p

JackBurton01
29-12-2009, 16:45
the problem with the time line is it assumes most of whats left of 6 gets updated before 8. Orges, tombs, Brets and woddys will I think be playing 6th with 8.

SuperArchMegalon
29-12-2009, 17:23
There are two threads going on right now - TK and OK - both seem to think they're up in May. From what I've read the Ogres seem a little more likely, however. Still waiting for more info...

chaos0xomega
29-12-2009, 17:48
TK aren't in may. Harry has all but stated this when he said that TK are not the next big fantasy release, and that Ogres would be out in the first half of 2010. He also cryptically confirmed that ogres would be out before TK.

Xenthick
29-12-2009, 21:03

Well, there are several more armies aside from Ogres which havent been updated in 7th, so I doubt they would skip them all to go back to the mainstay armies which already have new books. The ogre book is so completely outdated that its very difficult to do anything in anything resembling a serious game. But maybe your right, who knows. Still fingers crossed for them making a new book.

As for the mammoth Forge world already has a model for something like this for chaos, so GW wouldn't necessarily have to even make a model for this. Not that releasing profiles for things with no models is a problem for GW anyway. (Hellpit Abomination, Chaos Mammoth, Poisoned wind mortar...)

Captain Cortez
29-12-2009, 21:15
Seems a little early if Ogres come out in April, but hey isn't that still first half sorta:confused:.

Harry did say Tomb Kings ARE not the next army and Ogres WILL be before.

I bet in Feb we will see some tidbit of a Ogres confirmation just like what happened to Beastmen in Nov.:D

Deus Mechanicus
30-12-2009, 00:00
Will Ogre Kingdoms be written with 8th edition in mind (assuming it comes out before 8th)

Ramius4
30-12-2009, 01:08
Will Ogre Kingdoms be written with 8th edition in mind (assuming it comes out before 8th)

People don't even know if or when the book is coming out for certain, let alone when exactly 8th is coming out. How could anyone possibly answer your question?

chaos0xomega
30-12-2009, 01:34
Well, if 8th is rumored to be coming out next summer, then yes, I would assume Ogres would be written with 8th in mind, as would beasts, and probably skaven as well, but since 8th is still in the playtesting phase, these codecies are really more like 7.5 ed, rather than 8th ed.

EdFireborn
30-12-2009, 04:05
Skaven are said to have been written with 8th in mind....

My current view of the release timetable is that Ogres will be April, May or June. With tomb kings either being tailed on the end, or perhaps a Nov. Release

If 8th is coming in 2010, we'll probably see a september release for the starter set & an August release for Rulebook. (based off previous rulebook releases)

chaos0xomega
30-12-2009, 05:13
Yes, written with 8th IN MIND, but imagine how many times 8th edition will change between now and whenever they send it to the printers? Thats why its only ever going to be a 7.5 ed book, unless they got rules changes/playtesting out of the way already, and are working on formatting.

Harry
30-12-2009, 07:47
What we know about 2010:

This is right so far but there is lots of other good stuff coming in March along with Battle Missions.

Bun Bun
30-12-2009, 08:26
This is right so far but there is lots of other good stuff coming in March along with Battle Missions.

Its always nice to tease. :p

Ivellis
30-12-2009, 09:06
I got quoted by one of the rumor gods! Made my day Harry. ;)

Thanks for the confirmation though, I want to ask if any armies but IG, SM and Orks will get stuff with battle missions, but this is the wrong place for that. (PM me? :))

bomblu
30-12-2009, 09:30

If it's fantasy related, then i'll have a very happy birthday. I'll be as happy as when an Ogre's given a village full of young tender tasty children to eat :evilgrin:

Spiney Norman
30-12-2009, 09:34
Skaven are said to have been written with 8th in mind....

Thats not really a judgement anyone can make until we are actually reading the 8th Edition book. Sure a number of obvious changes were written into the Skaven book, and immediately some sharp people jumped to the conclusion that it "must be and 8th Ed thing", but really and truly theres nothing currently to suggest they weren't just special rules unique to Skaven.

I guess we'll know when we get out hands on 8th Edition...

To be honest when people claimed that Wood elves and Dwarfs were written "with 7th in mind" I was a little skeptical, neither book really had any of the hall-marks of 8th, both had only 2-3 special chars, whereas as most 7th Ed books contained 8+, plus the dwarfs kept their auto-hit organ gun, which has been systematically nerfed in every other army in 7th. Now sure these might have been "late developments" in the design of 7th edition (about which I am VERY skeptical, esp in the area of auto-hit warmachines) but I doubt it.

ddfishy
30-12-2009, 17:40

I'm going to hazard a guess at LOTR material that was recently teased by GW or a wave of 40K stuff that supports the Battle Missions.

Back to back fantasy army releases seems unlikely.

DaBrode
30-12-2009, 22:23
Back to back fantasy army releases seems unlikely.

Word highlighted for emphasis. Unlikely does not mean not happening.

ddfishy
30-12-2009, 23:59
Word highlighted for emphasis. Unlikely does not mean not happening.

True, but given where we are now and what we have heard/seen despite the lack of rumours coming out of GW. Its a safer assumption to estimate that we won't be seeing b2b fantasy releases.

The one item that was missing from the list that Harry hinted at was a LOTR release (although, I admit i don't follow those rumours) A LOTR release was teased in the GW teaser that went up not to long ago. Assuming the teaser showed the first 3 releases of the year, it would be LOTR along with 40k book release that month.

SuperArchMegalon
31-12-2009, 08:02
To be honest when people claimed that Wood elves and Dwarfs were written "with 7th in mind" I was a little skeptical, neither book really had any of the hall-marks of 8th, both had only 2-3 special chars, whereas as most 7th Ed books contained 8+, plus the dwarfs kept their auto-hit organ gun, which has been systematically nerfed in every other army in 7th. Now sure these might have been "late developments" in the design of 7th edition (about which I am VERY skeptical, esp in the area of auto-hit warmachines) but I doubt it.

I think the Dwarfs were considered "made for 7th" because of the pricing of their units. Things like Hammerers were way cheaper back when your units could be 4 wide - in fact, every unit was very, very good when you could rank them up so narrowly. Just a little while later, when 7th ed. launched, the most infantry based army in the game took the hit of 5 model ranks and was brought back into line.

bomblu
31-12-2009, 10:35
True, but given where we are now and what we have heard/seen despite the lack of rumours coming out of GW. Its a safer assumption to estimate that we won't be seeing b2b fantasy releases.

The one item that was missing from the list that Harry hinted at was a LOTR release (although, I admit i don't follow those rumours) A LOTR release was teased in the GW teaser that went up not to long ago. Assuming the teaser showed the first 3 releases of the year, it would be LOTR along with 40k book release that month.

Yeah, there was a pic of the new plastic fellbeasts i think. Pity they dont show much nowadays, just a year ago there was a lot of buzz around the empire 3rd wave - oh well :cries:

Spiney Norman
31-12-2009, 10:38
Yeah, there was a pic of the new plastic fellbeasts i think. Pity they dont show much nowadays, just a year ago there was a lot of buzz around the empire 3rd wave - oh well :cries:

According to the Jan White Dwarf the plastic fellbeast is due in feb. Theres no indication at the moment that anything else will released along with it.

ivrg
31-12-2009, 15:57
OK may be a good starter army when it comes to modeling and the few models needed to build an army. They are also easy to paint. But when it comes to the tactical side of them then they are not so easy.

What would be needed is some elite unit besides maneaters. A 0-1 unit if a tyrant is leading you army.

Some huge monster or warmachine would also be great. But maybe some player would not consider a warmachine something fitting the theme. I ws imagining something being dragged and firing like a scraplauncher. But instead being dragged by ogres. Maybe firing loose limbs that is diseased on the enemy. Anyone hit must take a T test followed by a terror test.

Theme wise i would like to see a little more "culture" than just food and eating.

Also the cost for the units is like in many other books, out of phase with the new units.

bomblu
02-01-2010, 15:19
According to the Jan White Dwarf the plastic fellbeast is due in feb. Theres no indication at the moment that anything else will released along with it.

Didnt read that yet - though this lack of solid rumours does **** me off :shifty:

Harry
02-01-2010, 16:05

Didnt read that yet - though this lack of solid rumours does **** me off :shifty:
???
Beasts are in February

bomblu
02-01-2010, 17:35
???
Beasts are in February

Yeah i thought so... i think i should just sit back and wait for the stuff to arrive on the store shelves :cries:

Spiney Norman
02-01-2010, 22:11
???
Beasts are in February

Sorry, you misunderstand me, in the context I meant "no other LotR models/supplements released along with it", as in Feb is not a major LotR/WotR release. I'm aware beasts of Chaos are up for Feb.

From what Harry posted here and over on the 40k rumour forum it sounds like 2010 is going to have an absolutely mental release schedule for both Fantasy and 40K. I'm really struggling to believe it.

Scryer in the Darkness
02-01-2010, 22:29
Sorry, you misunderstand me, in the context I meant "no other LotR models/supplements released along with it", as in Feb is not a major LotR/WotR release.
There are more LOTR models being released alongside the Fellbeast in February. Have a look in the LOTR News & Rumours Forum.

Spiney Norman
03-01-2010, 17:48
There are more LOTR models being released alongside the Fellbeast in February. Have a look in the LOTR News & Rumours Forum.

So there are, how rapidly rumours develop...

FerrumIgnatus
05-01-2010, 09:28
Ogre Kingdoms WILL be back, with a gut-barge so intense it will smash everything we know of fantasy aside like a fat 40 year old comic-book fanatic smashing aside hordes of small children at a comic-book convention..

Other then that, let's cross fingers and hope GW doesn't screw up.. as usual.

bomblu
05-01-2010, 13:05
Ogre Kingdoms WILL be back, with a gut-barge so intense it will smash everything we know of fantasy aside like a fat 40 year old comic-book fanatic smashing aside hordes of small children at a comic-book convention..

Other then that, let's cross fingers and hope GW doesn't screw up.. as usual.

Yes... looking at the new minotaurs now - what they HELL where they thinking? They needed more muscular stuff in there but man... i never knew Khorne was the Lord of Steroids :shifty:

SilverWarlock
06-01-2010, 20:39
Yes... looking at the new minotaurs now - what they HELL where they thinking? They needed more muscular stuff in there but man... i never knew Khorne was the Lord of Steroids :shifty:

They are very ugly.

On the other hand they got an improved bull charge, have better support units and get frenzied. They also have upgrade options.

The ogre book had better be for May, a longer wait would be a real pain given they just gave the other complete underdog an overhaul.

Captain Cortez
06-01-2010, 21:35
They gave the new Beastmen book lots of new monsters (lol Pumbagor:rolleyes:). I hope the new Ogres don't have anything silly:shifty:.

bomblu
06-01-2010, 21:52
They gave the new Beastmen book lots of new monsters (lol Pumbagor:rolleyes:). I hope the new Ogres don't have anything silly:shifty:.

Yep... sometimes i think they'll better not TRY do new Gorgers or Rhinox riders - They'd be skinny men on steroids gone wrong and very spikey rhinos with no fur on them :rolleyes:

Nah, i dont rly mind the beastmen now - i've only got one box of Gors/Ungors and i only bought them to convert into different stuff etc. Never was a big fan. Though i think GW tried to move into a new direction with the minis? They might have experimented, though Harry could tell us much more about the ideas behind the release :p

Mawchild
06-01-2010, 23:50
On the other hand they got an improved bull charge, have better support units and get frenzied.

What's the change to their bull charge?:confused:

Hopefully They'll just remove the 6'' restriction, I think most OK players will be happy with that.

Hragged
07-01-2010, 00:15
What's the change to their bull charge?:confused:

Hopefully They'll just remove the 6'' restriction.

I think that is indeed the change - Doombulls do D3 impact hits too apparently.

Darnok
07-01-2010, 01:06

Daer god, I truly hope that Ogres don't get the Beastmen treatment. Which means "uglify us as much as you can". Don't dare you mention that Ogres (who already have lots of muscles) might end up looking like the new minotaurs. I just couldn't bear it... :cries:

Mawchild
09-01-2010, 13:01
I think that is indeed the change - Doombulls do D3 impact hits too apparently.

That'd be cool if it translates to Ogres. Would that mean that unit champs and heroes get D3 impact hits? This would definitely make more OK players invest in champions something which doesn't happen so much at the moment with most units simply taking bellowers.

Belakor
09-01-2010, 13:03
Daer god, I truly hope that Ogres don't get the Beastmen treatment. Which means "uglify us as much as you can". Don't dare you mention that Ogres (who already have lots of muscles) might end up looking like the new minotaurs. I just couldn't bear it... :cries:

I seriously doubt they will change the look of the Ogres as they are already GW personalized with the new plastic ranges we got today.

SilverWarlock
09-01-2010, 14:51
I seriously doubt they will change the look of the Ogres as they are already GW personalized with the new plastic ranges we got today.

Guts are also 90% of the fluff so they can't make them skinny.

Given ogres have very few choices in the current list I would guess they are going to concentrate their efforts on the new stuff and leave the old plastics alone.

Honestly our models are good right now (except the lack of choice). They could on the other hand use the new army slots and models to make a cool new and shiny sales pitch (like crazy rhinox riders in a plastic kit).

I found the original gorger models ugly so my slaaneshi army uses the ninja maneater (custom ordered and converted a little) as gorgers.

Urgat
09-01-2010, 18:20
Yep... sometimes i think they'll better not TRY do new Gorgers or Rhinox riders - They'd be skinny men on steroids gone wrong

No way it can be worse than the current ones. The pumbagor is a magnificient sculpt next to what I've always nominated the worst GW mini ever...

mdauben
09-01-2010, 20:35
Yep... sometimes i think they'll better not TRY do new Gorgers...
Actually, the Gorgers are the one unit I hope does get redone when the eventual new army book is released. The models look nice individually, but I could never figure out why the hell they even bothered with multiple castings, when each of them uses the exact same pose. It just looks stupid, like they are doing some sort of choreographed dance or something. They really need to mix up the bodies, and not just the heads. :shifty:

EmperorNorton
09-01-2010, 20:47
I hope for a new Gorger as well, as I'd like a second one.
I don't understand the hate for the looks of the current one, though.
The thing that made me angry was assembling it, as the parts just didn't fit at all.

Darnok
09-01-2010, 20:53
I hope for a new Gorger as well, as I'd like a second one.
I don't understand the hate for the looks of the current one, though.
The thing that made me angry was assembling it, as the parts just didn't fit at all.

Quoted for truth. The current model is awesome, in my opinion. A second pose would be great though, as currently you need to convert it quite heavily to get something other than a clone version of the standard model.

Genghis Khan
09-01-2010, 21:38
As said, the current model is great, for sure I would of like different arm choice positions.
I curse the metal scrapluncha.

The way I see it, the OK has a solid base of figs, now it's easier for GW to come up with different choices just as they added for exmaple the varghulf.

Hragged
09-01-2010, 21:42
A plastic Scraplauncher with different weapon options would go down well with me.

Revlid
09-01-2010, 21:43
Can we move this to Fantasy General? I've yet to see a single rumour here beyond claims that a friend of an employee is pretty sure Ogres are next, and the occasional winking smiley from Harry or Avian or whichever exalted truthmonger chooses to descend from their silver-twined tower to doublespeak at us next (I don't mean it, you guys - I'm just tsundere for you, honestly ;)).

Captain Cortez
09-01-2010, 21:45
I thought this thread was supposed to be a rumours?

Oh well....

You can make a pretty good Gorger out of the Rat Ogre plastics. I didn't know what to do with a face so I green stuff a sack over his rat ogre head, problem solved.;)

chaos0xomega
09-01-2010, 21:53
I use reaper wereshark minis for mine, but thats because I play sea-ogres (whose great maw drinks eternally at the other end of the world).

Schelle
09-01-2010, 21:55
Can we move this to Fantasy General? I've yet to see a single rumour here beyond claims that a friend of an employee is pretty sure Ogres are next, and the occasional winking smiley from Harry or Avian or whichever exalted truthmonger chooses to descend from their silver-twined tower to doublespeak at us next.

Aaaaaaargh, déjà-vu, my eyes, my eyes, ...I'm blind...:D

Mawchild
10-01-2010, 00:12
yeah I don't have a problem with gorgers so much but the Yhetees are truly abominable.

Erazmus_M_Wattle
10-01-2010, 00:25
Personally I'd like to see new Gorgers. The reason being that they are meant o be the runty ogre that get chucked away. Why then have they ended up larger. Eh? I don't get it. Also the only thing wrong with the Yhetees is the stupid looking face. I'd rather use ogre heads and green-stuff some fur round them.

Schmapdi
10-01-2010, 07:36
yeah I don't have a problem with gorgers so much but the Yhetees are truly abominable.

The model is ok imo, but the problem is there's one body and two very similar heads. And yeah - I don't like the yhetis at all either. They seem like a weird, ill-fitting addition to the army in general (and also ugly minis).

philbrad2
10-01-2010, 10:13
I have to agree with no confirmation and info other than wishlisting there's not much news or rumour here. Moving to General.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ + WarSeer Moderation Team + +

EmperorNorton
10-01-2010, 13:10

That I have to agree with. I'd like to see them get a new design and the plastic treatment.

Aisde from that I wish for
- plastic Rhinox Riders
- plastic Scraplauncher
- a plastic kit to build Bruisers and Butchers, could have some bitz to make Maneaters, too

Revlid
10-01-2010, 13:32
So, consider the new units available in the last few armies to have been updated:

Lizardmen:
Razordon, Engine of the Gods, Stegadon variant. All monsters.

Skaven:
Doomwheel, Verminlord, Plague Furnace, Hellpit Abomination. All large monsters.

Beasts of Chaos:
Razorgor, Jabberslythe, Cygor, Gorgan. All large monsters.

So, I'm prepared to bet that Ogre Kingdoms will be getting its fair share of wacky, quite possibly model-less monsters. I'm actually quite pleased with the "model-less" part. Previously, my rampant speculation was limited by what GW would feasibly put in a box. No longer!

Rhinox Riders are a given. I'd also place money on a variant of the Scraplauncher, possibly as a Skewerslinger (unreliable bolt thrower) or a combat-buff of some sort (possibly the sharp stuff being harnessed to a frame on the front of the Rhinox, like a horrible splintery hockey mask).

I'd expect some sort of substantial change to the Slave Giant, possibly with different breeds/types of "broken"/a Titan Blood variant.

A War Mammoth is entirely likely as a single large Rare choice - if it has a "grab" attack, I'd be thoroughly amused.

Some kind of "religious" unit beyond the Butcher and Gorgers seems possible - a Gore Font of the Maw, as another in a long line of "Altar"-style units, or a Maw Pilgrim as a lone frenzied Ogre religious fanatic. I'd like to see a Sacred Maw Pit as a magic item, acting like an It Came From Below token, allowing Gorgers to emerge from that point rather than a table edge.

I'd be very pleased, though also quite surprised, by a monster that reflects the Ogre's travelling mercenary tendencies. Perhaps a 0-1-per-Hunter (this restriction will almost certainly be dropped on Trappers, anyway) Large Target monster with options for flight, breath weapons, etc, to represent various large monsters captured by the Ogres for food, sport, or war - young dragons or obscure cavebeasts or chained daemons.

I really expect Maneaters to get a substantial boost.

bomblu
10-01-2010, 14:08
That I have to agree with. I'd like to see them get a new design and the plastic treatment.

Aisde from that I wish for
- plastic Rhinox Riders
- plastic Scraplauncher
- a plastic kit to build Bruisers and Butchers, could have some bitz to make Maneaters, too

While i strongly agree with your suggestion E.Norton, i think a Bruiser/Butcher kit is improbable. They dont make the Hero/General Mounted/OnFoot kits anymore (which is a very big pity, i loved them). What would be nice would be a small 'bits' pack which would let gw keep the ogre-boxedsets the way they are now, just add a nice sprue with new gutplates a weapons? Possibly a head or three?

EmperorNorton
10-01-2010, 17:28
While i strongly agree with your suggestion E.Norton, i think a Bruiser/Butcher kit is improbable. They dont make the Hero/General Mounted/OnFoot kits anymore (which is a very big pity, i loved them). What would be nice would be a small 'bits' pack which would let gw keep the ogre-boxedsets the way they are now, just add a nice sprue with new gutplates a weapons? Possibly a head or three?

Yeah, I know it's not likely, but a set like that could kill several birds with one stone.
For one, we need a Bruiser to serve as BSB.
A different Butcher is not as necessary, but would certainly be nice, as using the same body with the peg leg more than once is not really great.
Adding some bitz to make Maneaters would make sure that plenty of these sets get sold, as everybody loves Maneaters in funny regional attires.
At least I do.*
And if the bodies used were different enough, I'm sure there'd be a bunch of players who'd use it to bring a bit of variety to the normal Ogre units.
Having everything but the metal models based on the same two bodies gets old fairly fast IMO.

I'd settle for an upgrade sprue like you describe, though.

*One of my many great modelling ideas was converting a bunch of Maneaters from all over the Warhammer world, e.g. Kislev, Lustria, Albion etc. Regrettably I realized that I don't have the necessary sculpting skill to accomplish that.

Mawchild
10-01-2010, 18:53
Some kind of "religious" unit beyond the Butcher and Gorgers seems possible - a Gore Font of the Maw, as another in a long line of "Altar"-style units, or a Maw Pilgrim as a lone frenzied Ogre religious fanatic. I'd like to see a Sacred Maw Pit as a magic item, acting like an It Came From Below token, allowing Gorgers to emerge from that point rather than a table edge

This is possible. Each tribe has its maw stone/ tooth stone (can't remember what its called exactly. Could easily have one of those acting as a sort of warshrine. That or a butcher's cauldron/caravan acting as a sort of OK cauldron of blood.

SilverWarlock
10-01-2010, 19:35
One thing to bear in mind is that we already have decent rare choices. Maneaters need a point drop, slavegiant might be revisited and gorgers work well (though they could be 2 for 1 slots or specials).

On the other hand we have very little in the special units and the big monsters don't help that.

GW could also add some of the DoW fluff to ogres without much of an issue and have an ogre paymaster of some form (a dumbed down greasus?) and/or the aforementioned butcher cauldron.

Right now we lack choices, IGs are the only valid core (plus min sized trappers and the obligatory bulls), yhetees and belchers give us 2 specials and the rares are fighting for slots.

I am just hoping we are in May because from rumor sections TK are somewhere in the fall and Orcs are early 2011, somehow I doubt they will use OK to launch the next edition. And we are hands down the most in need of a new book since the Beasts are getting theirs.

chaos0xomega
10-01-2010, 19:56
Well, I was hoping for an April/May Ogres/Tombkings release, but it seems that GW are giving the Blood Angels the april slot (which means a March/April 40k release spot due to battle missions... in a "fantasy" year... isnt that against the rules?), so....

On the plus side, if the Incoming Blood Angels thing is any indication, we should have knowledge of the May release in about a month.

Mawchild
10-01-2010, 19:59
I'd love to see them doing away with the slaughtermaster restrictions and having it so that a tyrant allows you to take a unit of maneaters as special, whilst a slaughtermaster allows you to take gorgers as special. This would free up rare choices for the more exotic stuff that we'll hopefully be getting (Mammoths, Rhinox riders).

EmperorNorton
10-01-2010, 20:04
Well, I was hoping for an April/May Ogres/Tombkings release, but it seems that GW are giving the Blood Angels the april slot (which means a March/April 40k release spot due to battle missions... in a "fantasy" year... isnt that against the rules?), so....

On the plus side, if the Incoming Blood Angels thing is any indication, we should have knowledge of the May release in about a month.

Who proclaimed this year a fantasy year anyhow?
The rumours, or rather lack thereof, have me scratching my head.
I've seen plenty of rumours for 40K, very little for Fantasy, and what little enthusiasm I had was stomped by the lackluster Beasts.

This is possible. Each tribe has its maw stone/ tooth stone (can't remember what its called exactly. Could easily have one of those acting as a sort of warshrine. That or a butcher's cauldron/caravan acting as a sort of OK cauldron of blood.
Either of those could work, but I wouldn't be a fan, if only for the reason that every army seems to be getting some kind of shrine or altar, and I'd prefer some more uniqueness.

I'd love to see them doing away with the slaughtermaster restrictions and having it so that a tyrant allows you to take a unit of maneaters as special, whilst a slaughtermaster allows you to take gorgers as special. This would free up rare choices for the more exotic stuff that we'll hopefully be getting (Mammoths, Rhinox riders).
Why shouldn't Rhinox Riders be a special choice?

Mawchild
10-01-2010, 20:40
Either of those could work, but I wouldn't be a fan, if only for the reason that every army seems to be getting some kind of shrine or altar, and I'd prefer some more uniqueness.

Why shouldn't Rhinox Riders be a special choice?

The reason that Rhinox Riders couldn't be put into special are twofold: Firstly because fluffwise they are supposed to be rarer than maneaters, atleast that's how they are portrayed in the forgeworld rules. Secondly because of all the whining and cries of cheese that would undoubtedly follow such a move (Though it would be class :cool:and the points cost pretty much places a cap on numbers anyway).

Atleast the Mawstone is established fluff, perhaps it could be an upgrade for a unit of Ironguts making them stubborn or something . I don't in anyway suggest that they should follow the same game rules or mechanics as shrines just that they would be a characterful addition to the OKs and could simply provide some sort of appropriately costed buff to a single or nearby units (stubborn, or +1CR probably fluffiest).

chaos0xomega
10-01-2010, 20:45
Yeah, there would be cries of murder and cheese if rhinox riders were special. A single unit alone can go through a half to a whole enemy force. Imagine being able to take that many of them (although, again, the rhinox riders of doom are a 600 point or so unit on their own, so thats unlikely).

I found the source of the "War Mammoth" rumor. Check out "The Bellower" on the warseer main page. It seems someone may have heard murmurings of the conversion/homebrew rules on Ogre Stronghold and took it to mean that GW was working on it.

smallgreenguy
11-01-2010, 04:35
I have a simple question for you guys. Will an ogre update mean that all of the models are going to be changed... Or how will something like that work? I'm a relatively new warhammer player who has finally finished a VC army. I wanted to start an ogre army but I'm not sure whether to wait for an update or not. If the models aren't going to change I would just assume start one now. Thanks for any opinions ;)

chaos0xomega
11-01-2010, 06:36
Noone can tell for sure. My guess is that the bull/ironguts/leadbelchers plastics are going to stay the same. The maneater mini's are awesome, so either way I'd use them. Like all the other armies, they are probably going to get a plastic character kit (so unless you like the current character minis/dont mind converting them this might be worth waiting for). Gnoblars are probably going to stay the same. No clue on trappers, gorgers, scraplauncher.

smallgreenguy
11-01-2010, 06:44
Thanks a lot omega :)

Schmapdi
11-01-2010, 23:03
I just saw this today:

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/01/11/32691

Nice alternate Yetis for OK if like me (and others in this thread) you don't care for GW take on them. Cheaper and more poses too :) I mailed the company and got a quick responce - the ice warriors are just shy of 2 inches tall. Perfect Ogre size, though they come on 25mm bases. (I'm basing this on my own measurements of my OT at about 2.1 inches tall)

And the big Yeti could make an interesting alternative giant for OK players too (albeit an unfortunately pricey one, and he's not quite GW plastic giant tall, but still double Ogre Tyrant size).

****EDIT****
Whoops - wanted to correct this just to be on the safe side. I looked again at the email I recieved, and he says almost 2 inches tall, counting the base. Counting the base, my Tyrant is 2.25 inches tall, and a bull is 2.1 inches tall. So the yheti may be a hair on the short side, depending on how much space that "almost" covers.

Darnok
11-01-2010, 23:31
I just saw this today:

Nice alternate Yetis for OK if like me (and others in this thread) you don't care for GW take on them. Cheaper and more poses too :) I mailed the company and got a quick responce - the ice warriors are just shy of 2 inches tall. Perfect Ogre size, though they come on 25mm bases. (I'm basing this on my own measurements of my OT at about 2.1 inches tall).

Thought the same when I saw them earlier today. I shall visit my FLGS on Wednesday to do a size comparison to my Ogres, but if everything turns out the way I think, these should be my new Yhetees in no time. In my opinion they are far superior to the GW ones.

Schmapdi
11-01-2010, 23:38
I feel the same way - though I can't quite figure out why I like them better, as they are the same basic design really. These look a bit more cunning... and for some reason the GW ones give me a strong "monkey" vibe.

If you think they are too small - the Wendigo chieftans are bigger, and have 40mm bases, but no ice weapons. And the guy said two more chieftans are coming out March 1st.

FRP games is the only webstore I could find that carries the line (with a discount)
http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=14813 (they still have the new ones listed pre-order though).

Darnok
11-01-2010, 23:41
For Europe, and especially Germany, I'd recommend Battlefield Berlin (http://www.battlefield-berlin.de/shop/index.php). Currently they are on pre-orders ("Vorbestellungen", scroll down). I never had any problems with them, but that might be due to the fact that I live quite near to their store, and could punch them in the face if they mess anything up. Which I wouldn't, as they are nice chaps. :D

chaos0xomega
12-01-2010, 00:34
I just saw this today:

Nice alternate Yetis for OK if like me (and others in this thread) you don't care for GW take on them. Cheaper and more poses too :) I mailed the company and got a quick responce - the ice warriors are just shy of 2 inches tall. Perfect Ogre size, though they come on 25mm bases. (I'm basing this on my own measurements of my OT at about 2.1 inches tall)

And the big Yeti could make an interesting alternative giant for OK players too (albeit an unfortunately pricey one, and he's not quite GW plastic giant tall, but still double Ogre Tyrant size).

****EDIT****
Whoops - wanted to correct this just to be on the safe side. I looked again at the email I recieved, and he says almost 2 inches tall, counting the base. Counting the base, my Tyrant is 2.25 inches tall, and a bull is 2.1 inches tall. So the yheti may be a hair on the short side, depending on how much space that "almost" covers.

Yhetees are supposed to be the degenerate backwards cousins of the Ogres anyways, I can see them being somewhat shorter...

...on that note, how big is a kroxigor in relation to an Ogre (modelwise)?

EmperorNorton
12-01-2010, 09:38
Thought the same when I saw them earlier today. I shall visit my FLGS on Wednesday to do a size comparison to my Ogres, but if everything turns out the way I think, these should be my new Yhetees in no time. In my opinion they are far superior to the GW ones.

If you get them, be sure to take some pictures for comparion.
I have an eye on the ice warriors as well.

For Europe, and especially Germany, I'd recommend Battlefield Berlin (http://www.battlefield-berlin.de/shop/index.php). Currently they are on pre-orders ("Vorbestellungen", scroll down). I never had any problems with them, but that might be due to the fact that I live quite near to their store, and could punch them in the face if they mess anything up. Which I wouldn't, as they are nice chaps. :D
They had me waiting weeks and weeks for my last order. While that was due to problems with one of their suppliers, the lack of communication from their side was punch worthy.
In general they are reliable, though, and they have the best assortment.

tezdal
19-01-2010, 04:58
Over on the crock forum they got a couple of those Wendigo next to some Beastmen, but yea, I kind of like the OK yhetee's, wouldnt mind new Gougers and a custom plastic kit for man-eaters.

http://www.crocodilegames.com/newforum/index.php?showtopic=4860

bomblu
07-02-2010, 09:18
Some more info by Steppingonyou, back in the TK thread:

heres an awnser and a rumor.

OG is next and ive seen the work in progress butcher rules.

unit upgrade, does differnt effects depending on who they eat. always have gnobulars effect of +1 to rally and tie breaker. ogre stats. two hand weapons. rooth gnobular for one reroll.

i feel sorry for people that just want info or are interested in getting the nall rolling. so there you go.

i have the playtest rules. any more questions?

He says OG not OK - but the description's quite Oger-y :p
Mid feb's soon here (so we'll hopefully see/hear some new stuff) :D

Condottiere
07-02-2010, 09:30
If Beastmen is the last book before the 8th in summer, wouldn't the OK update be sometime after that? And wouldn't GW wait to release information at least until the same Sales quarter?

bomblu
07-02-2010, 10:33
If Beastmen is the last book before the 8th in summer, wouldn't the OK update be sometime after that? And wouldn't GW wait to release information at least until the same Sales quarter?

I'm just quoting a source who, i assume, is normally in the know of GW-related stuff, and i believe it - maybe because i want it to happen ;)

But, OK's or no, i dont think beastmen are the last release before September...

Avian
07-02-2010, 10:46
I'm just quoting a source who, i assume, is normally in the know of GW-related stuff, and i believe it - maybe because i want it to happen ;)
Is he really normally in the know? He wrote about a Revered Beast Spawn and a shrine-like unit for the Beastmen and neither turned out to be true.

chaos0xomega
07-02-2010, 17:04
You mean the vermin lord (or possibly the hellpit abomination) and the screaming bell/plague furnace? ;)

bomblu
07-02-2010, 17:56
Is he really normally in the know? He wrote about a Revered Beast Spawn and a shrine-like unit for the Beastmen and neither turned out to be true.

You mean the vermin lord (or possibly the hellpit abomination) and the screaming bell/plague furnace? ;)

I assumed. I just passed on the message i saw on the other thread :)

bomblu
08-02-2010, 22:26
Once it's the only Ogre-thread i frequent, someone might find these bits interesting - these are off an new thread called New Rhinox Kit.

Just in from an inside source, GW will be creating a plastic rhinox kit when the new OK book comes out. (cant say when it will come out) With this kit you will be able to make a scrap launcher, rhinox ridden by a bull or a third variant that will be a gnoblar fighting platform.

i would love to confirm or seny what i have or have not seen/played with. but it seems everytime i bring up a good rumor, despite my good track record, i get a warnign or the thread gets closed and im accused of spamming. this has tightend my lips quite a bit.

i got a 2nd level warning. for what? what forum rule did i break. i want to be cited publicly.
and before i get the whole "contact us privately" response, i might point out that my warning level is public. and i have been acused directly of spamming (what?) from an admin.

but i digress. yes there is a large 100+ piece, multi function kit for OK. it used a rhinox and its base. also the giant will have more than a "tacked on feel"

now i wait for my ban.

maybe i can change the color of rumors in posts that contain personal insight or musings so you can ignore what i have to say and get to what i report. ill work on my robotic delivery.

gnobular hero choice, riding a giant

that better?

i should point out that ive read only whats to be considered to be the final book. ive also seen most if not all of the new range. in greens or otherwise. these are NOT the end all rumors nor will they all be 100% correct. im not "handled" as far as rumor leak is concerned. i will leak what i find interesting.such as, a leadbelcher upgrade for ryrants, with grapeshot, worked out per warpthrower old rules. if you have specific questions i might awnser them directly, or i might be coy. there seems to be an odd idea of spam in this forum. i will leak as i see fit. i like the color thing though.

I just read through the 1st page, doesnt sound half bad. If it's true. That we'll know once they're out.

shadowskale
08-02-2010, 22:35
*Is wishing he had NOT sold his ogres now*

Edit:
I would like to see plastic gnoblar trappers more than any other figure tbh.

bomblu
08-02-2010, 22:48
By Mr.Grimstonefire:

For those who want to copy and paste the rumours to other forums, here is a summary of the things mentioned so far. I think I have edited them accurately, but bear in mind I may not have interpreted correctly.

They are not in any sort of order really, I will leave that to people who are really keen

MODELS

Possible for ‘summer release’ (June/July/August)

Plastic rhinox kit able to make a scrap launcher, rhinox ridden by an irongut rider (with parts for a lord or butcher) or a third variant that will be a gnoblar fighting platform/ chariot. 100+ pieces.

No giant remake.
No changes to plastics current.
A *possible* plastic set for tyrant/slaughter master. Price is ‘on par with the minotaur lord, if it happens’.
New Gorger, metal and disturbing.

NEW ENTRIES

Gnoblar fighting platform
Rhinox Riders
Gnoblar hero choice, riding a giant (possible as a mount upgrade, as opposed to a special character?)
A halfling that got lost and now lives in an ogre camp, disgused as something icky no doubt (entry in list?)

RULES

(in no order)

A leadbelcher upgrade for Tryrants, with grapeshot, worked out per warpthrower old rules.

“hidden" rule for hunter and trappers. 4+ to see at long range

Slave Giants
Slave giant "barge" attack, d3 impact hits at s6 if charging father than 6 inches, plus 1 to roll on chart Possibly get extra rules when near the tyrant. More than a "tacked on feel" in the list

Rhinox riders are possibly more like a single model than units

Fixes to the ranking problem and a tighting to the spikefists. they have quite a few army wide rules

Dogs of war rule is in there. so far.

Slaughtermaster won’t require a Tyrant to use them

Change to leadbelcher fire rule

Hunter cannot shoot and move

Ogres have same base armour save for gut plates

Bulls
Bulls as of now are cheaper with more default gear.

Gnoblar are the same in points.

Ironguts are now the elite unit of hungry ogres they are.

The magic items and big names are getting the same treatment as VC. butchers are getting overhauled completely.

GUT MAGIC
gutmagic is gone, replaced by bound spells that effect the unit the butcher is in, with a ranged spell. level equals spells known. they are bought (ingredients)as of now they also impart a MR equal to the level they are. lord is a level 3, hero can be 1 or 2. only one per unit. one item for lord causes enemy wizards to roll every dice they generate and lose them on a 6 (hungry maw) then the number eaten modifies the roll on the ogres miscast list. item last whole game and counts as an army wide rule. 100pts

now its current incarnation is a magic item at 100pts. it confers an army wide rule. like the warshrine. no roll at the beginning of anything. every turn the opponent rolls his/her PD or DD and throws away any 6. those are the maws now. dice held in items dont roll. unless they get used. the pool gets rolled. anytime your hot finger touches a dice to roll in the magic phase, on a 6 its gone, including MR. this does NOT effect the OK player. to be clear. any.of.it. for every 6 rolled you keep track of it. this modifies the roll on the miscast table. the new one you force the victim....er wizard to roll on. it looks like the OK one now..

your level equals the spells you can buy off a list of spells. the spells are ingredients. troll fat is an ingredient that gives regen. on a 2+ the butcher gets regen, takes a wound on a 6+, on a 6+ the units the butcher is in get regen, he takes a wound. each model takes a wound on a 6+ no saves, (maw is hungry).

butcher will take a wound on a when its eaten by him. always if its the unit. also its RIP as now. one effect a unit, at a time.

EDIT:
Also some mentioned a while back:

Iron fists give an extra attack and a 6+ armour save.
Core choices will be cheaper by around 5 points.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3357576

So far, so good. Model wise, i'm going to keep an eye out before they re-box and re-cut and re-price the current ones. I'll invest in some more models and possibly make a nice force out of them - giants and rhinoxes :D

Condottiere
08-02-2010, 23:03
Everybody and his mother seems to be getting a fighting platform.

horrorshowmalchick
08-02-2010, 23:04
playtesting permitting

OP is lying. GW never playtest.

shadowskale
08-02-2010, 23:10
Please let it be june...just in time for my birthday please GW :D

chaos0xomega
09-02-2010, 00:16
I think its going to be May....

Darnok
09-02-2010, 00:29
I'm excited as you are about the new Ogre rumours, but please keep the discussion of the rumours to the specific thread they come from. I'd hate to close this one, but if it becomes a duplicate discussion, it may happen anyway.

Darnok [=I=]

DaBrode
09-02-2010, 00:53
I just saw this today:

****EDIT****

If you're looking for more gruesome Ogre-ish Yeti's that completely blow away the GW models check out the Snow Troll by Heresy. They may lack the obvious ice weapons (which I think are a pretty lame way to give yeti's some rules beyond just being savage mountain creatures) but they are really on par with how an Ogre Kingdoms Yeti should look.

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/hm012.htm

maaksel
19-02-2010, 16:27
Just my luck they'll release ogres and dark eldar in the same quarter... my wallet would not be happy.