PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Warlord on Great Pox Rat

Caligula
22-12-2009, 15:43
Greetings greetings again, fellows.

This time around I'm looking at my Warlord options. Now, I think I already have a nice build for my Warlord on a Great Pox Rat, but I'll leave that verdict up to you. Also, I'd love to see your opinions on a good armament for such a character.

Here's my current build:

Warlord-
Great Pox Rat
Warlock-Augmented Weapon
Enchanted Shield
Foul Pendant

He comes in at 205 points, has a 2+ Armour Save and a 5+ Ward save, not to mention some pretty decent offensive capabilities, only further enhanced by the Warlock-Augmented Weapon and his Pox Rat mount.

If I wanted to increase his attacks a little, I could even afford to give him a Tail Weapon(which is one of my favorite little pieces from the Scavenge Pile).

By the way, I forgot to mention that I believe the great Foegnasher turned me on to this build, so you know it's got to be pretty decent;)

SevenSins
23-12-2009, 06:41
It looks decent enough, although I'd take the war-litter for better AS.
The pox rat really comes into it's own when ridden by a plague priest with flail (possibly even a scroll caddy :) )

And just to feed his ego a bit, foegnasher is often on the right track (when it comes to rats at least)

kiickman
23-12-2009, 16:45
Ther is No Models for thos skaven Mounts right?

Malorian
23-12-2009, 16:46
There is one, the special character from the Lustria campaign.

kiickman
23-12-2009, 16:49
There is one, the special character from the Lustria campaign.

Awesome! need to get it lol

meowser
23-12-2009, 17:14
I'm also in favour of Pox Rat for Priest and War Litter for Warlord, mostly from a diversity standpoint (priest on pox rat is in all my armies from 1K up). Would be interested to work out which has ideal offensive bonuses vs. diff opponent types.
Which brings up, you get more bang for your buck sticking a plague priest on the giant rat, since his frenzy confers +1A to the mount (extra S4 poisoned attack)

Caligula
23-12-2009, 17:24
I definitely see the main points involved in desiring a Warlord to be mounted on a War Litter rather than the Pox Rat, however, I'm doing this for more or less a fluff reason. My army in mainly themed towards being made up of Clan Pestilens, filled out with allied clawpacks from Clan Skrat. I thought the Plague Lords of Clan Pestilens would "gift" Warlord Viskrit Foeslasher of Clan Skrat with a giant, plague-ridden rat as a mount for his "loyalty" to mighty Clan Pestilens.

So, while a War Litter may seem a better option in some ways, the Great Pox Rat fits my theme much better. Not only that, but he does give the Warlord some bonuses(namely a couple extra Poisoned attacks and the benefit to his armour save of being mounted).

I may end up making a version of Warlord Viskrit on a War Litter at some point as well, though, as it is a cool option, not to mention a version of him mounted on a Rat Ogre Bonebreaker(just for the coolness factor, and the excellent conversion oppurtunity).

digerr
11-03-2010, 19:31
Heya i was planning to give a pox rat for my lord myself

here is my wip for him

Malorian
11-03-2010, 20:21
I always thought the Netherhound (http://www.arena-deathmatch.com/onlineshop/onlineshop.php) (bottom of page) would make a good model for it.

Rogzor87
11-03-2010, 23:51
Nurglitch is an Old Special Character that has a Pox Rat Mount

Gabrieltn
19-07-2010, 06:49
Heya i was planning to give a pox rat for my lord myself

here is my wip for him

How did you make that rat? Or if you bought it, where did you buy it?