PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Armour

A.Gentleman
23-12-2009, 05:02
There is this second hand book store near where I live and they are selling Imperial Armour 1-4 and one Imperial Aeronautica. The Armour books are going for AU$85, AU$95 for 2 that are signed by the author. I think the Aeronautica is around the same price.
My question is whether the general community thinks they are worth getting what with many things being made available, anyway, due to their release in Apocalypse and/or new army books.

Share your thoughts :)

Maxis Lithium
23-12-2009, 05:21
the books are very interesting, but all the rules from 1 and 2 are available on the FW website right now, as they re-did it all for the current rules.

3 and 4 are fun, though I don't know how much use 4 is going to be in the future, given the trygon is in the new book and other things are being re-printed in Imperial Armour Apoc books.

IA 3, if you care about Tau, is a very nice book. I like the humans unit and the characters in it, Much of the book is still very much relevant in the current rules environment and works well with the existing book. It's one of my favorite books from the Imperial armour series, outside of the Varks campaign.

IcedAnimals
23-12-2009, 05:23
I would only grab 3 (and even then I could probably find better things to spend warhammer money on) for the reasons mentioned above.

Dark_Templar
23-12-2009, 05:34
I live in Aus and imported Siege of Vraks 1, and have to say that I was disappointed with the relatively small amount of fluff found within. I guess it all just depends on whether you plan to make full use of the army lists within the book or if you want it for something good to read.

chromedog
23-12-2009, 07:11
IA 1-4 are the better ones.
My club bought them and they cost us around $130 or so each (new), so a second hand one in good nick for that price is ok.

Bear in mind that the prices (in points) for the IG and SM stuff is prior to the current codices (and is thus higher) in the books (but there are 'updates' for 1-2 available from FW as a free download).

Petay1985
23-12-2009, 09:35
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the Imperial Armour books so far, the highlight for me was the storey to Imperial Armour 4 - the Anphelion Project.
The seige of vraks was very good, but as you would expect all 3 books are required for the full storey :cool:

Mannimarco
23-12-2009, 13:07
indeed vraks 1 was nice as the intro to the story but you really need all 3 to see the full story

get the taros campaign for all kinds of tau goodness or the anphelion project for the fluff as most of the nid stuff will be in the new book anyway