PDA

View Full Version : more questions: Fast Cav, Multiple Combat, Moving within unit

WarmbloodedLizard
23-12-2009, 16:04
1. can models move within the unit while charging? e.g. move my character from the right flank to the left so i can attack his mage with it.

2. If I have a Mage in my ranked unit, can I just put him somewhere in the middle or in the back or do characters always have to be in the first rank? (I don't need LoS or his leadership, it's just a scroll caddie.)

3. Assuming Fast cav is directly "locked" behind a friendly unit, facing it: can the fast cav unit just move in any direction (similar to skirmishers) or do they first have to turn around 180, move back a little and then turn/wheel again and move away?

4. Multiple combats:
a) Is it considered one combat and there is only one Breaktest to take, or does every unit involved in the combat have to pass one separately?
b) If one unit is outnumbered by fear causers, does it break automatically even if there is a friendly fear causer right next to it(in combat, of course)?

theunwantedbeing
23-12-2009, 16:09
1. No
2. Have to be in the front rank.
3. Move any direction as they can freely reform as many times as they like
4.a. Each unit on the losing side in the multiple combat takes a break test
4.b. Freindly fear causers do not make you immune to fear unless they are part of the unit that's suffering from fear.

The Red Scourge
23-12-2009, 18:05
All correct. The Unwanted Being gets an A ;)

stripsteak
23-12-2009, 18:47
1. can models move within the unit while charging? e.g. move my character from the right flank to the left so i can attack his mage with it.

1. No

That's how i've always played it but looking through again, i'm not actually sure if it's prevented. When you charge the only movement restrictions are no turning, reforming, or change formation, and one wheel. these are all specific maneuvers on pgs 13-14.

Characters are allowed to move freely in the front rank of a unit. the only restrictions on character movement is that he can't move more then double his movement. and can't move out of combat if he is touching an enemy model. nor can he replace another character model that is fighting a unit.

if the unit is just charging and hasn't entered combat yet there isn't anything that should be preventing him from moving in the front rank provided he has enough movement to complete his move in the rank, as well as allowing the unit to complete the charge with the remaining movement.