PDA

View Full Version : Plague Furnace´s Demolition atack. When can i use it?

Darth_Senjius
23-12-2009, 18:18
Hi guys, I have a serius doubt due to the fact that armybooks´ spanish translators suck.

In the Skaven spanish codex you can´t understand how really works the Plague Furnace´s Demolition atack so once again, i came here to ask for english (or usa) helping. :angel:
The problem with this atack is because I don´t know if i can use it every turn or only IN MY TURN. I think i can use it every turn as any kind of close combat atack but in the spanish armybook is not clear at all.

So i will be very thankful for your help warseer friends! :angel:

Your favourite Spanish gamer,
Darth_Senjius

PD: Spain is not Mexico :wtf:

nosferatu1001
23-12-2009, 18:32
Every close combat phase, at the end of the turn - if you're meaning the artillery dice attack?

Darth_Senjius
23-12-2009, 18:36
Yep, i mean the artillery dice attack. In the Spanish armybook it is translated as "You can use this atack IN YOUR TURN after two handed weapons. Bad translators bad guys!!!

enygma7
23-12-2009, 18:39
I think the OP is refering to the wrecked ball attack which only happens in your own turn's close combat phase. "In your own player turn the chain holding the mighty swinging great censor can be let loose" pg 49. The enshrouded by fog attack happens in both turns CC phases though.

Darth_Senjius
23-12-2009, 18:44
Yeah, i mean about the big metal ball which causes an artillery dice attack.
Can someone quote the entire attack for me?
Please?
Pretty please?
XDDD
Thank you guys!

nosferatu1001
23-12-2009, 19:06
Indeed it states "in your own player turn" - so only on your turn, not on the opponents.

Thats all you really need OP!

Darth_Senjius
23-12-2009, 19:12
Thank you very much guys!

CmdrLaw
09-06-2010, 10:31
Quick addition to this question, if the Preist riding the furnace were to accept a challenge, could you use the wrecker attack in the challenge?

dude.sweet101@yahoo.co.uk
09-06-2010, 11:43
Well, as its a monterous mount in nearly every respect, then yes-but that is a common sense answer, so is probably not allowed- buried in the FAQ of the FAQ of the Skaven Argument...sorry Skaven Army Book will be an answer that will depend wholly on how the guy was feeling at the time.

Surely this carcrash of a book should just be rereleased?

CmdrLaw
09-06-2010, 12:07
FAQ doesn't clarify at all.
States used after all strikes on your turn against a unit....so does a character from that unit fighting the mounted character take the full brunt of the ball?

CmdrLaw
10-06-2010, 09:31
I can't believe this hasn't come up more often as its a weird attack of the Plauge priests mount and the plague priest cannot refuse a challenge so it must have come up somewhere.

No-one got anything definitive?

Milgram
10-06-2010, 15:05
came up last sunday on a tournament. the challenger was in the flank of the skaven unit, the slime beasts to the front. and I was the judge. -.-

I decided that the crushing attack can be used against the unit in the front, even though the furnace itself is in a challenge. so you can use this as an official LBG ruling. ;)

CmdrLaw
10-06-2010, 15:59
Thanks for the response, but the question was can the wrecker ball be used against the character wo the PP is fighting in a challege, or does it have to hit the unit?

papabearshane
10-06-2010, 19:12
As there is no Faq on this Id have to say as its considered a monterous mount in nearly every aspect then it would be part of the Challenge....................Thats how we have been running it....................

CmdrLaw
10-06-2010, 22:14
Only real counter to that is that the attack states can target a unit in base contact with the front arc. Challenging characters don't really count as a unit.