PDA

View Full Version : Korhil on a Lion Chariot

WarhammerNoob4ever
23-12-2009, 23:34
Hello,

I have, what might turn out to be a stupid question, but if i put Korhil on a Lion Chariot, does it get the Woodsman special rule? ie that it can move through forests without penalty?

I have had this debate in my gaming club, as im thinkin of building a Lion-themed High Elf army, and we cant figure out if it would or not. No one could find a reason in the wording of the rules why it wouldnt, but maybe we missed something? This also lead to the question, if Korhil does make the Chariot move through forest without penalty (as it is worded in the High Elf Army Book) would the Chariot suffer the d6 S6 hits as well? I only ask because the Woodsman rule specifically says that the unit "can move through forest without penalty" and the hits suffered by the Chariot are a penalty for moving through the forest (difficult terrain).

Anyways, thanks for your help in advance,

PS- i did do a search for this question but found nothing under korhil and only threads from 2007 under Lion Chariot.

SoulFlame
24-12-2009, 00:54
It couldnt move through woods, the rule is for "white lions and any charaters that are joined to their unit may move through woods without penalty"...the chariot doesnt not have the rule, nor can Korhil bestow the ability to other units, even if you were to say that the crew are white lions, they are not charaters and dont get this ability normaly, even though as white lion they have it, its a chariot so no.... For the record I am primarly a HE player, and use Korhil often on chariot. The key rule is that it is a Chariot, which in of its self doesnt have woodsmen rule, nor can receive it. I hope this doesnt mess up your plan for your very cool themed army.

They only way id see it was possible is if the chariot always had the woodsmen abilty as it has 2 WL crew but it didnt, so adding Korhil makes no difference...

Steadman
24-12-2009, 13:47
Something that's been bugging me about Korhil and lion chariots in general -
Do models in chariots use the mounted rules for great weapons and spears (+1 S) or the normal, foot rules?

Arion
24-12-2009, 15:53
They use the Mounted rule, as the chariot is a mount. but remember that Korhil's weapon is not a great weapon, it just gives him +2 s as it's magical ability.

theunwantedbeing
24-12-2009, 15:53
Mounted, obviously.

SoulFlame
24-12-2009, 17:45
Something that's been bugging me about Korhil and lion chariots in general -
Do models in chariots use the mounted rules for great weapons and spears (+1 S) or the normal, foot rules?

yes they do...but Korhils weapon isnt a GW so he remains str 6, but can u really complain for 140pts d6 str 5 impact hit, then 6 ws5 str 5 hits...with out korhil...sweet

Wolfmother
24-12-2009, 18:41
i have been thinking about this rule alot lateley as well

surely RAW without penalty would mean the chariot dosent take hits as it is one model is it in the FAQ?

WarhammerNoob4ever
24-12-2009, 23:07
ya it really doesnt change my plans, i mean Korhil on the Chariot is a beast..... d6 S5 impacts followed by 5 WS6 S5 plus 3 Ws6 S6 is just amazing for 270 pts..... and with him on it, it is US 5 so it breaks ranks and pwns stuff :D

Yellow Commissar
25-12-2009, 02:15
i have been thinking about this rule alot lateley as well

surely RAW without penalty would mean the chariot dosent take hits as it is one model is it in the FAQ?

Why would it need to be addressed in a FAQ? As already noted, the chariot is neither a White Lion or a character so can not benenfit from the Woodsmen rule.

Gormereth, the Fearmonger
25-12-2009, 02:49
Yeah, Korhil doesn't convey the ability to other models, which makes it is kind of silly to give to him if you think about it. I mean he'll ignore the penalties anyway if he's a lone skirmisher and he doesn't need to convey it to other white lions so really it's kind of a waste of ink to give him the rule.

But, to get back on track, he doesn't convey rule and the chariot doesn't come with the rule so the chaiot doesn't get the special rule. No running into forests to chase down Wood Elves (unless you want to pay for it).