PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Point All-mounted Goblin Army

Jind_Singh
24-12-2009, 09:21
So for Christmas I ordered the gorgeous Goblin Big Boss riding a Giant Spider - he's just yummy!
So to honour him I'm making an all mounted list to take part in a 1200 point doubles tournment - what do you think? Would you want to partner with this list or keep far away!

HEROS
Forest Goblin Big Boss, General, Gigantic Spider, light armour, shield, Martog's Best Basha, Effigy of Mork - 129pts
Night Goblin Big Boss, Giant Squig, light armour, shield, Ulag's Akk'rit Axe, Brimstone Bauble - 134pts
Goblin Big Boss, BSB, Wolf Chariot, Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Bannor - 172 pts

CORE
6 Spider Riders, Musician, bows - 90pts
5 Goblin Wolf Riders, Musician, bows - 71pts
5 Goblin Wolf Riders, Musician, bows - 71pts

SPECIAL
Goblin Wolf Chariot, extra crew member - 63pts
Goblin Wolf Chariot - 60pts
10 Squig Hoppers - 150pts

RARE
Snottling Pump Wagon - 40pts
Snottling Pump Wagon - 40pts

The army basically has all three major Goblin Tribes represented by a Big Boss and his personal retinue. I wanted to keep a fully mounted theme for the list as it allows me to use my 2 favourite goblin character models, the giant spider/squig duo.
3 chariots, 2 pump wagons, squig hoppers actually add some punch - what do you think?

savage_orc
24-12-2009, 09:44
Mate this list sounds fun to play donít worry about other people to compliment this your doubles partner could take a inf heavy list to fill the gaps with maybe some heavy cav I would team up with you maybe even dust of my savage orc army :)

Jind_Singh
25-12-2009, 09:54
any views anyone? Looking to make the list as effective as possible while keeping an all mounted theme - I do have 12 boar boyz which might make an appearance if someone thinks they are solid enough

thanks all & merry Christmas!

Armond
25-12-2009, 12:43
I think they can be solid, i fyou can guide them to the target. With the use of fast cav to screen(gobbos) you won't have to worry about the panic they would normally cause, mostly because Orcs don't care about gobbos.

I support boar boys, 6 of them. I lke your mobility, just be careful as always about the psychology tests on that leadership!!! Good luck, let us know how it goes!!!

Jind_Singh
25-12-2009, 18:07
Thanks Armond!

By the way, typo in subject heading, it's 1200 pts doubles tournment held in Feb sometime.