PDA

View Full Version : Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah

Emeraldw
24-12-2009, 21:40
Hey everyone! I am starting a new log to track my progress on my new army, Retribution! It is a Warmachine army and is fantasy I put it into this log area, hope that works. Anyways, lets get on with it shall we?

I chose this color scheme after talking to people and even starting a painting poll. I feel like I used too much green but after a lot of drybrushing I feel better about my choices. The warjack is magnatized so I don't have to get so many different heavies, I am a cheapskate :)

Emeraldw
24-12-2009, 21:41
Mage Hunter Assassin

Emeraldw
24-12-2009, 21:42
Heavy Warjack

basher
01-05-2010, 15:25
come on emeraldw this blog could do with an update

Emeraldw
02-05-2010, 23:22
come on emeraldw this blog could do with an update

Yeah I know, I have been lazy about it. So time for an update.

A Phoenix

Emeraldw
02-05-2010, 23:23
Storm Fall Archer.

I think I used too much green on him. The skirt should probably be khaki but live and learn.

Emeraldw
02-05-2010, 23:24
Cygnar Book came out, so I got the book and a Warcaster. Here is Major Victoria Haley. I think she came out rather nicely.

Emeraldw
02-05-2010, 23:29
A couple Mage Hunters

Emeraldw
02-05-2010, 23:30
Dawn Lord Vyros

Emeraldw
02-05-2010, 23:30
Swift and Mobile Griffon

Emeraldw
02-05-2010, 23:31
Arcanist to keep my engines of war moving.

Emeraldw
02-05-2010, 23:32
Finally for this update, Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios. She has caused a local Karchev player no small amount of fits.

headache62
22-06-2010, 05:57
Nice. Very green. :)

Just a random thought - have you considered going back and using a dark ink wash on your figures? It's really simple to use, and it adds a lot of contrast to things like the Dawnlord's armor and the scribed runes on the myrmidon's armor.

Just a thought :)

Emeraldw
19-08-2010, 20:33
So I decided to go ahead and update with my latest model. This is the Discordia. It is a character Manticore for Retribution. I got the upgrade kit during the Gencon sale event and decided to paint him different from my normal scheme so there is no question as to what he is.

And even though it is an old post, to the above, I have not tried it. Usually I paint, then ink then drybrush. I might have over brushed in some cases to lose the contrast but doing another green ink (or possibly black but it really darkens the colors), is an idea.

I am going to try to update more regularly. I have time to paint so I better use it. Garryth, My Redone Ravyn, Kaelyssa and Ashlynn should hopefully be fully painted up and on this by next week. If not, anyone is welcome to send me a PM saying I am a lazy bum and should paint more.

loveless
19-08-2010, 21:34
Nice to see you back at this. Last time I found this thread it was old enough that I didn't want to be accused of threadomancy by commenting :p

I like your stuff - always good to see Alt Retribution schemes.

Emeraldw
19-08-2010, 22:20
Nice to see you back at this. Last time I found this thread it was old enough that I didn't want to be accused of threadomancy by commenting :p

I like your stuff - always good to see Alt Retribution schemes.

I try, even if I am a little "green." But at least I know you wouldn't like to see me angry! :D

And your always welcome to tell me to get off my lazy rear and paint ^.^

basher
19-08-2010, 22:39
like the paint job but it looks just like all the other ret jacks with differant arm spikes

nice to see you posting on here again about time:D

Emeraldw
23-08-2010, 21:26
I was going to do my Retribution warcasters but I got some Mercenaries. Since I am thinking of doing a Merc army, I painted them in that Scheme and to help identify them as Mercs. Note: Eiryss is not a Mercenary for Retribution and thuse uses my scheme.

Here's Lady Aiyana

basher
23-08-2010, 21:29
cool i really like your sceam nice and bright

loveless
23-08-2010, 21:30
The color scheme on Aiyana's outfit reminds me of classic undead - red and purple across large areas.

I really like the work on the cape - looks like you've shaded it well.

Emeraldw
23-08-2010, 21:35
Thanks gents. Hopefully I can get her Bodyguard/boytoy done within the next couple days, along with Madelyn Corbeou. Garryth has been looking forward to teaming up with her.

Emeraldw
31-08-2010, 02:13
Madelyn Corbeau. Garryth has been looking forward to her.

skavenSte
03-09-2010, 11:37
Nice bright colours, and completly different from what i've seen from other RoS mini's. a pleasant change!

Keravin
03-09-2010, 13:14
She certainly stands out. Looking forward to seeing Holt.

Emeraldw
19-09-2010, 17:27
Garryth is done now. He's got a couple Feora kills under his belt and it felt good to butcher the Butcher.

Alsharoth
19-09-2010, 17:45
Not usually a fan of green ROS but you pulled it off brilliantly.

basher
19-09-2010, 17:48
got to be my fav ret mini by far really good paint job was thinking of doing a theamed garryth list at one point but dont like his teir list

Emeraldw
14-12-2010, 16:47
Ok, I am updating this again. I realize I am slow but with a dedicated day to paint it helps move things along.

Ok, here is the Fane Knight. He's a cool model. His ground form is still a WIP. Thankfully here in a few months he will get normal cavalry to go with him!

edit: His tier list does leave something to be desired, but so do all of them but Ravyn's and Rahn's. I still enjoy killing people with him, he's effective at it and Mirage'd Sentinels is hilarity.

Emeraldw
14-12-2010, 16:49
Chimera of the Retribution.

Emeraldw
14-12-2010, 16:50
Kaelyssa, Nights Whisper. Not the best warcaster I feel but has a few good tricks.

Emeraldw
14-12-2010, 16:51
Ghost Snipers.

A lot of people focus on Mage Hunter Assassins as their 2 point solo but Ghost Sniper's are fantastic as well.

Emeraldw
14-12-2010, 16:53
Ravyn, The Eternal Light.

I repainted her b/c I felt she was just way too damn green. Now that I have worked things out, I think she looks better.

basher
14-12-2010, 17:40
nice to see looks like you've been busy.

and yes it has been ages since your last update

Emeraldw
16-05-2011, 04:10
In an interesting twist of fate. I got a full time job and have far less time but got more painting done? If your confused, think how I am! Anyway, heres two models. One is a merc for Ret. The other is the model I'm putting into my cubicle. Everyone has things on their desk but how many are hand painted? ;)

Also, by painting a legion model, I might now need to put an army around her. Elylth Tier list anyone?

loveless
16-05-2011, 15:23
Ooh, Anyssa looks nice. I'd try a Lylyth1 Tier list, though - gives a little bonus for the Ulks.

Also, the thought of putting Anyssa in a cubicle amuses me. Anyssa Ryvaal - Secretary of Everblight! :p

On the other hand, I might have to do the exact same thing...she'd look good on my shelf here.

Emeraldw
18-05-2011, 04:15
Ooh, Anyssa looks nice. I'd try a Lylyth1 Tier list, though - gives a little bonus for the Ulks.

Also, the thought of putting Anyssa in a cubicle amuses me. Anyssa Ryvaal - Secretary of Everblight! :p

On the other hand, I might have to do the exact same thing...she'd look good on my shelf here.

Anyssa, I would like 2 arrowed cadavers with my morning coffee!

Next is up. I decided not to drybrush for some reason. Just highlight. I think drybrushing would have been better but I doubt I will repaint it any time soon. Dhalia on the other hand looks fine. Still can't do faces though :/

Emeraldw
20-05-2011, 04:29
First round of battle mages is up.

I am thinking of getting another unit and I'm debating giving the second unit another color. Like a dark red instead of the Green. Or just Do their gauntlets another color like Yellow if I really want them to stand out.

mdiscala
30-08-2011, 01:10
I like that big worm guy. Get back and stick a base on it! :)

Emeraldw
05-09-2011, 21:59
I like that big worm guy. Get back and stick a base on it! :)

I'm always slow to reply and paint, but I'm still debating on how to base them. ATM I am thinking sand painted Graveyard earth with patches of grass.

But onto newer areas. I got inspiration (And won a league so free models) and got some circle. Here is my first Warpbon Skinwalker

mdiscala
10-03-2012, 20:41
Pretty cool skinwalker, he looks like a superhero. Get back to work, Emeraldw!