PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Dwarfs, Q & C please!

Kirth
25-12-2009, 07:34
Runelord, Anvil of Doom, Shield, Ro Stone, Ro Spellbreaking.
Thane, Battle Standard Bearer, Mro Gromril, Ro Resistance, Ro Striking.
Thane, Shield, Ro Stone, Ro Resistance.

25 Warriors, Shields, Standard.
20 Longbeards, Shields, Standard, Ro Stoicism.
15 Warriors, Great Weapons, Shields, Rangers.
10 Thunderers, Shields.
10 Quarrellers, Shields.

18 Hammerers, Shields, Standard, Ro Courage, Ro Determination. <- Both Thanes will go here.
Cannon, Ro Forging.
2 Bolt Throwers, Engineers, Ro Penetrating (a), Ro Burning (b).

Organ Gun.

Thoughts? Ideas for improvement? Strategies and tactics?

graymer
28-12-2009, 19:47
Anvil is a good choice. If you're taking it, I'd tack on another RoSpellbreaking. The 2 scrolls will allow you to get to at least turn 3 before you need to rely heavily on your DD. This should allow the shooting to help whittle the opponent down.

For the BSB, I'd give him RoCleaving instead of the RoStriking. S5 will help your CR rather nicely.

What exactly is your goal for the second thane? There are some options you have depending on what you want him to do.

Drop the Rangers. Without the Forrester rule, they will be stuck in difficult terrain for a long while.

Drop the Warrior unit down to 20. This frees up points to make other blocks larger.

RoCourage on the LB unit. I'd consider an Ancestor Rune or Rune of Sanctuary for either a chance for them to be Stubborn or the MR.

Hammerers are a nice choice. Stick one Thane here and the other in the LB unit. This will give you more options for combat. Bump these to 19.

Slap RoBurning on the Cannon. It will help to deal with Regen on gribblies.

For the BTs, both should have RoPenetrating; just tack the RoBurning on the other.

Those are some general ideas. I'm guessing that with the anvil, you're looking for either A) a bit more magic defense, or B) a more mobile army. With the adjustments I recommended, you'd definitely be able to do both. If you have any spare points left over, I'd consider adding another WM or combat block from the Special slot.

Red Metal
28-12-2009, 21:33
Graymer has some good points listed.

I would definately lose the Rangers.

I would probably trick-out the second Thane to be more combat savy. Also, I like to go FC on my Dwarven blocks - it looks better and it helps with Challenges that I may want to pass onto the Champion.

Light-up every Warmachine you can. Definately run RoPenetration and RoBuring on one BT and RoPenetrating on the other.

I'm also obligated to remind you of the MRoGrungi - in big games with lots of infantry blocks, it's great.

Kirth
29-12-2009, 07:17
Here is the army with the said changes.

Runelord, Anvil of Doom, Shield, Ro Stone, 2x Ro Spellbreaking.
Thane, Battle Standard Bearer, Mro Gromril, Ro Resistance, Ro Cleaving. <- Will join the Longbeards, allowing the veteran to accept unwanted challenges.
Thane, Shield, Ro Stone, Ro Resistance. ::The General:: <- Will join the Hammerers to issue challenges and do his best to reduce enemy CR caused by characters. General idea of this character is to get into fights with other characters and rely on his defense to reduce wounds. If I can find a way to free up 45 points in the list, I will add the Mro Spite and make him really difficult to kill.

20 Warriors, Shields, Standard.
19 Longbeards, Shields, Standard, Veteran, Ro Courage, Ancestor Rune.
10 Thunderers, Shields.
10 Quarrellers, Shields.

19 Hammerers, Shields, Standard, Ro Courage, Ro Determination.
Cannon, Ro Forging, Ro Burning.
2 Bolt Throwers, Engineers, Ro Penetrating (a, b), Ro Burning (b), Ro Reloading (a).
Grudge Thrower, Ro Penetrating, Ro Accuracy. <- Worthwhile addition? I considered a small unit of miners, but I'm waffling currently.

Organ Gun.

2250/2250

Przemcio251
29-12-2009, 08:26
why are you not using the Organ Gun???

Kirth
29-12-2009, 10:24
I am. I just break down my army list by slot, so characters are one category, core is another, etc.

graymer
29-12-2009, 16:32
Much better revisions.

In order to get points for your general, I'd drop the Thunderers to Quarrelers. Then look to give him RoPreservation, which makes him immune to KB and Poison. Try to give him more punch as well; possibly RoCleaving + RoStriking.

Kirth
29-12-2009, 21:20
Submitted with more changes!

Runelord, Anvil of Doom, Shield, Ro Stone, 2x Ro Spellbreaking.
Thane, Battle Standard Bearer, Mro Gromril, Ro Resistance, Ro Cleaving.
Thane, Shield, Ro Stone, Ro Resistance, Ro Preservation, Ro Cleaving, Ro Striking.

20 Warriors, Shields, Standard.
19 Longbeards, Shields, Standard, Veteran, Ro Courage.
10 Thunderers, Shields.
10 Quarrellers, Shields.

19 Hammerers, Shields, Standard, Ro Courage, Ro Determination.
Cannon, Ro Forging, Ro Burning.
2 Bolt Throwers, Engineers, Ro Penetrating (a, b), Ro Burning (b).
Bolt Thrower, Engineer, Ro Penetrating, Flakkson's Ro Seeking.

Organ Gun.

2247/2250