PDA

View Full Version : Ahh!! Portent's Back!!

greenjinjo
19-05-2005, 15:41
Well just to make my first post back at Portent something besides spam :D

What all forums did everyone start visiting more often during Portent's downtime?

I hung out at animemusicvideos.org for way too long :rolleyes:

Anyway, great to see Portent back!

Wraith
19-05-2005, 15:53
Hmm...

Dysartes
Dakka
The Portent Liferaft

Mainly to keep up to date with the Tyranid rumours at the time but also to see where everyone was...

I visited 4Forums a lot where the rest of the Portent PnR posters have migrated too.

plasmadaemon
19-05-2005, 15:55
welcome back (?)!

the wastes are still here but you need to think, only the chosen ones can access them.

tzeentchgiant
19-05-2005, 17:20
I was at The Wild Kingdoms ogre forum, and two days before I rediscovered the glory of portent, I discovered The Warhammer Forum, I highly recommend both actually, although I think even temporaryportent is bigger than both of them, maybe not

TG

Arnizipal
19-05-2005, 17:49
Hanging around here and there, but I've been here as soon as Portent Temp was up.

Here and there included:

Evil Planet (http://www.evilplanet.com/)
An Evil genius fan forum (with it's own Wastes: the Workers Lounge)

Black Industries (http://www.blackindustries.com/forum/)
The official Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay V2 forum

Strike to Stun (http://www.strike-to-stun.com/Forum/Forum.htm)
A WFB/WFRP fan forum

Omen (http://s9.invisionfree.com/Omen/index.php?act=idx)
A site like portent, but with less people on it :(

And Dakka and the Liferaft of course.

Sgt John Keel
19-05-2005, 18:20
I think we could make a variant of the EldarOnline's 'I didn't notice the 40k Online takeover'. 'I never realized Portent was gone'

As for where I was:

Bolter & Chainsword (Striking me for posting a link to CriticalHit)
Dysartes (Nice)
the Winter War forums (Funny)
The Liferaft (Why didn't we use an invisionfree forum?)
Asur.org (Good forum)
DakkaDakka (Hostile)

/Adrian

Ass Goblin
19-05-2005, 22:10
Dysartes was a nice place to stay while it was away. DakkaDakka where plain mean to alot of Portenters.

greenjinjo
20-05-2005, 01:25
This is probably common info, but how long was Portent gone for? I knew it had shut down for a while (towards the end I didn't come here as much :() and then I randomly happened to accidently type forums.portent.net instead of my other forum and voila.

My post count makes me look like I'm a n00b though :raisedbro

Sprue Rubbles
20-05-2005, 03:26
www.autoweek.com
www.rpg.net

That's about it. I've been somewhat burnt out on forums lately.

Yorkiebar
20-05-2005, 11:12
Dysartes, Warpshadow and Librarium Online

Crazy Harborc
20-05-2005, 15:32
I visited a couple of places. The Warp, The Battle Pit, The Warstore's and discovered the Mongoose Publishing site. I try to spend time on each.....Busy, busy, busy.......doin' nuthin' alllllll day LONG!!

:0)
20-05-2005, 21:07
- reaper boards
- dakka
- librarium online
- warp
- GW boards

DisruptorX
20-05-2005, 21:51
www.penny-arcade.com

www.totalwar.org

Obviously, neither are Warhammer related, but as I don't play Warhammer anymore, that wasn't much of an issue. We got two big Warhammer threads in Penny Arcade in the last few weeks, though, so I've been thinking about it again recently.

Frodo34x
21-05-2005, 10:46
My mate, Portent's very own AmericanBear (anyone remember him?) managed to win thewarp.net's moaner of the week for a suicidal rant about an english essay.

Eldacar
21-05-2005, 12:24
I was on:

Asur.org (although that's where I am most of the time anyway, Portent was only ever a secondary site for me)
Druchii.net
My own forum
Raining Glade
Hammer & Anvil

Xhalax
22-05-2005, 14:23
I continued my reign of terror and dominion over all on the Black Library forums. With the odd look in on the liferaft and plenty of 'Refresh' clicks.

Rabid Bunny 666
22-05-2005, 14:27
the portent lifeboat
www.chaoswastes.com, i think,
the catahy project forum
b'n'c
asur.org
buddubuddymoomoo one (thats my mates, odd to say the least)

Great Harlequin
22-05-2005, 14:29
I foraged through literally every forum and Msn group related to Portent that Google could find! I had a routine of refreshing the Portent page just to see if Pete would change his mind :D

de Selby
22-05-2005, 15:24
Welcome back Greenjinjo. How many other old members don't know this is all still here??

Somebody mentioned size above. At least for forums, it really does matter. I browsed a variety of other places (Omen, Dysartes, Warpshadow) and that was fine for a while, but it requires a certain turnover of posts to keep me coming back. If there's nothing new to look at every day it never gets properly habit-forming, I'm afraid. Dakka is large but it gives me a pain in the neck.

The boyz
22-05-2005, 16:14
Warhammer.net that was about it for me. I dint really go on any other sites. I did have a quivk look on bolter and chainsword though.

Wez
22-05-2005, 17:42
4forums

http://www.4forums.com/political/index.php?

Think P&R but with less modding and a lot more repitition:

12,373 posts in 338 threads discussing Evolution/Creationism
16,288 posts in 335 threads discussing gay rights
5,932 posts in 256 threads on gun control

Vampirefreaks (well, not the forums... I looked briefly but, er, yeah just see for yourself)

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/

Possibly one of the worst sites on the net.

-Wez

Sir_Turalyon
22-05-2005, 18:00
Chateau Montreford (www.bretonnia.org)

then portent liferaft

then here.

Crazy Harborc
22-05-2005, 19:49
HERE, here, here, OH joy, joy, joy, happy, happy, happy........Portents back again. I don't remember if Portent was gone yesterday or not?/ Wait "I" was gone yesterday.

I forgot one I went/go to. It's a St.Louis, Mo.USA site. The next time I get a bi-weekly news blip from it, I'll have to save the darn thing to my "Favorites list". Anyway........it's run by a friend who moved WAY out to the edge of the area. He's into War Machine and he does their demos, tournies, whatever.