PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt. mixed demon list

Chuckles101
26-12-2009, 01:31
Bloodthirster of Khorne, Dark insanity, Immortal fury, armor of khorne
545 pts.

Herald of Nurgle, Battle Standard Bearer (Standard of Sundering)
Palanquin, Noxious Vapors, Slime Trail
275 pts.

16 Plaguebearers with champion and std
216 pts.

12 Bloodletters
144 pts.

12 Bloodleters
144 pts.

5 Screamers
150 pts.

5 Screamers
150 pts.

6 Flesh Hounds
210 pts.

3 Fiends of Slaanesh
165 pts.

1999 pts. total

One of the things I'm worried about in this list is it's fragility. I fear I have too many hammers and not enough anvils?

I'm also worried about the magic defense, but I feel that the screamers can take care of any wizards that aren't in units, and the magic standard and MR will be able to make up for some portion of that...

Jind_Singh
26-12-2009, 07:26
actually a cool army - other than the thrister theres not too much there - sure you got a unit of plauge bearers but you kept away from a lot of the filth you can find in these lists.
I would actually consider dropping a fleshound, 3 bloodletters and grab a unit of furies into there. Drop the 4th bloodletter (to keep 2 units of 10) and grab a musician for the plauge bearers - it'll come in handy!
no magic offensive, no real defence, and random nature of the thrister is cool to - 2D6 +2 attacks can be great or pants - its fun to use.
Nice list mate - but do see about adding those furies in - they will take the pressure of the screamers who can then cause havoc on units with their slashing attacks.

skyshark
26-12-2009, 07:58
I have never lost with this army

Bldthrstr-spell breaker,arm-khrn.firstrm blde,imm fury(7 attack w/re-roll)
skulltaker on jug
herd/khrn w/arm-khrn on jug + axe of khrn
herd/khrn w/arm-khrn on jug + firestrm blde + BSB w/bnr of unholy Vic

line them up in front (with all magic and missle fire they cant kill enough or anything with A.S & magic resistance)+ speed will have you in combat at start of 2nd round

on front line to left-3 fiends SL- on right 6 flesh hounds
lots of wounds to absorb + massive speed/toughness

at 9 inch line and directly behind - 2 units of 10 deamonettes,1 unit of 10 bloodletters(support units or fodder for skirmish units)

5 furies in behind to stop scouts+repel flying units(or chase down lone mages)

w3rm
26-12-2009, 19:46
Gee I wonder why that army has never lost? Couldnt me the Min-Max core or one of the most underpriced charachters in the game? Or maybe the 6 flesh hounds or the bloodthirster?

fubukii
26-12-2009, 20:35
id say its a fairly iffy list, and pretty easily beat

My daemons, Dark elves, Or skaven would be glad to see that on the other end of the table :)

In addition my friends lizardmen would be happy too

Chuckles101
27-12-2009, 03:14
Back to the original idea of critiquing the original list...

Thanks for the input Jind. Is the reason for adding Furies so that they can chase warmachines while the screamers don't have to?

I still don't see the virtue of having a musician in demon units. It's not like demons can use fleeing tactics and regrouping. After playing with a small 1250 list similar to this one (with a plaguebearer unit, and a khorne herald / bloodletter unit), the musician never came into play (against tomb kings). The only reason you can use one is if you expect to draw combat a lot... Is 6 points that can be shaved off for something worth the investment of expecting to draw?