PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Tzeentch

Artinam
27-12-2009, 13:28
Hey all,

A first attempt at Warriors of Chaos.
The Fluff,
My Sorceror Lord of Tzeentch is an exiled Bretonnian Peasant rebel who turned to Tzeentch. He calls himself Sebastian the Almighty Ruler of Bretonnia. A derranged megalomaniac who intends to destroy the feudal system of Bretonnia. He want to give back the power to the people... the peasants and denouncing the weak feminine religion of the Lady.
Off course this great rebellion will be lead by his superior leadership, and afterwards the new better Bretonnia will need his council!

After a brief short lived revolt where a noblemen was killed he fled to Border Princes where he joined one of the Mighty Chaos cults, here Tzeentch spoke to him. Later as his powers grew he purified the cult, burning the non-believers in fire of change...
Now after a hundred years he has 'mastered' (Naturally, he possesed these powers beforehand… he is the Almighty Sebastian!). His followers have risen to large enough numbers. His superior powers (second to none, except Tzeentch!) allowed him to manipulate a few weak minded fools from other Chaos warbands in fighting for him.

Among them is Grorgh a follower of Khorne easily tricked in doing Sebastians bidding.
His second in Command is Bertrand, clearly inferior to Sebastian in most ways.... still if he becomes to dangerous.. some accidents can happen....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

General: Grorgh (He leads the front line, allowing Sebastian to follow his own agenda).
Exalted Hero of Khorne.
Juggernaut, Chaos Runesword, Shield, 230 points
(Basicly, I wanted my general to be the guy with the best armour, he can beat pretty much most Lords in combat), alternatively I can make Sebastian the general, what do you guys think)

Sebastian the Almighty (Might sometimes assist his armour... but not to long... they might be plotting against me!...)
Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch, Level 4
Disc of Tzeentch, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Bronze Armour of Zhrack.
Third Eye of Tzeentch, Conjoined Homunculus. 395 points)
(A strong, Sorceror Lord that can zap, the only thing I fear is that he might be to vulnerable)

Bertrand the not so Mighty (Second in Command, will join the Chaos Warriors).
Sorceror of Tzeentch, Level 2.
Book of Secrets (he basicly becomes a level 3)
Enchanted Shield. 180 points

15 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch (including Champion) (The Faithfull). Full Command, Blasted Standard, Shields and Halberds (I want to magnetise the unit). 345 points.

5 Maurader Horsemen of Slaanesh, Flails, Light Armour (standard but effective) 96 points.

5 Chaos Warhounds 20 Points
5 Chaos Knights of Khorne. 230 Points

5 Chaos Knights (possibly of Slaanesh) 210 Points

Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch (A cart with a golden statue of Sebastian) 150 Points
I’m currently at 1866 Points.

I could add more Maurader horsemen and give some gear. Or I could add a block of Khorne Maurader on foot with Flails to act as the fanticals from his cult. (Or normal ones with shields Light Armour as a body guard, static combat ress unit).

Advice on the list and the fluff would be most welcome!

Unuhexium
27-12-2009, 13:58
Hounds are worth 30, not 20.

Furthermore, it seems a bit risky to me to use those two heavy sorcerers without a Puppet.

Techpriest
27-12-2009, 14:11
I would definitly go with more Horseman. They are very agile. Maybe Throwing Axes. Str 4 Throwing attacks that always hit on 5's works great for harassing.

Unuhexium
27-12-2009, 14:23
Doesn't BS3 = 4+ to hit?

Artinam
27-12-2009, 14:28
Not taking into account other penalties, yes.

The Hounds costs are indeed a typo. Is the puppet really needed, I found him rather expensive. I'll try him out and swap him with the book.

ROCKY
27-12-2009, 14:29
your list is illegal. u only have 2 core warriors and horsemen, hounds do not count from the core. also why warriors in an entirely cavalry based army, just fill up on horsemen and knights.

Unuhexium
27-12-2009, 14:34
About the Puppet: A Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch is basically made for casting Gateway for which you need to use 4-5 dice to get it off reliably. That means you'll probably see a lot of miscasts. Furthermore, you get to mess with your opponent when he miscasts. With a puppet in the army, you can keep a degree of magical superiority even against an army with more magic than you have.

Rocky makes a good point. Your army is pretty fast except for the warriors. You can get a unit of knights and more horsemen by dropping the warriors which will probably have a better synergy.

Artinam
27-12-2009, 16:14
Id rather drop the Knights, I have had enough with Cavalry lists (Bretonnians have bored me somewhat), any advice on how to make it more Infantry?

Unuhexium
27-12-2009, 16:39
If you want to make an infantry-based army you'll need stuff that can redirect and bait so that you don't have to be charged by heavy cavalry and such. Thus you need more hounds.