PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld fantasy?

Vazalaar
27-12-2009, 16:13
When will we hear something concrete about it? Will it be in business in 2010?

Grimstonefire
27-12-2009, 20:31
I really hope so.

No ideas when exactly. Damn shame GW don't just hype it up. :cries:

Even 1 sentence in WD would be enough.

starlight
27-12-2009, 20:42
We've heard, it's coming, I'd be shocked if we didn't see their first releases in 2010...

GW won't announce anything *official* until they have enough product stockpiled to meet expected demand...just in case they have production issues...

Col. Dash
27-12-2009, 22:09
Since GW is a publicly traded company now, I am surprised they are not hyping up everything it can. Maybe they are just new and niave about the new condition they are in.

Darsc Zacal
27-12-2009, 22:09
Can't say I'm too excited by the prospect of the new Forgeworld yet. Could be because of the lack of rumours, could be because I doubt how much of the Fantasy Forgeworld line I'll be interested in getting. I generally like to physically see a model before I buy it, especially if it's somewhat costly.

It would be great if GW introduced a new way of selling Forgeworld Fantasy, and displayed the new line in more of their stores. I realize that it would be too costly to have in every store, or even in half, but in my area, for example, there are 4 GW stores within a 30 or 45 minute drive of each other. If only one of those stores displayed FW Fantasy, I've no doubt they'd get more sales, at least from me.:D

Grimstonefire
28-12-2009, 01:14
They could just say

'And in other news we have created a new division for Forgeworld that will have a range on sale in the coming months'.

As opposed to;

'This new model is for sale this month, for those who didn't know we are doing this now'.

I understand the need to have a good stockpile, and for them to have a range of things, but there is no reason why they couldn't just officially announce the existance of the new division. Frustrating really.

Seville
28-12-2009, 04:21
Since GW is a publicly traded company now, I am surprised they are not hyping up everything it can. Maybe they are just new and niave about the new condition they are in.

Uhhhh... I believe GW has been publicly traded for well over a decade, no? They've been on the London exchange for as long as I can remember, anyway.

I personally can't wait for FW Fantasy stuff. In particular, I think it would be awesome if they would make god specific WoC kits for knights, warriors, marauders, etc.

Harry
28-12-2009, 10:20
They could just say

'And in other news we have created a new division for Forgeworld that will have a range on sale in the coming months'.

But, but, but ..... we have been talking for months already about the fact that they are creating a new division for fantasy at forgeworld that will have a range on sale in the coming months. :D

O&G'sRule
28-12-2009, 13:50
They won't talk about it too ealy in the same way they won't talk about gw new releases.

Grimstonefire
28-12-2009, 16:37
But, but, but ..... we have been talking for months already about the fact that they are creating a new division for fantasy at forgeworld that will have a range on sale in the coming months. :D

We've been talking about it for months... If GW were to have put it in say December WD we could guess when they were going to release stuff (as they don't seem to like giving hints more than a few months away).

As it is, although we know there will be some things it's still not clear when they will start to arrive. Hence why we have threads like this.

For those who don't happen to use warseer they will still not know this division will even exist.

Unless you happen to want to put a 7 months from now timeframe on the first thing for sale...? ;) Or 4 months etc. :)

I even spot a pie with your name on it! :D

Harry
31-12-2009, 09:43
LOL I have saved the harrypie jpeg to my desk top ... thanks very much. :D

I imagine they will start rolling out the first releases next year.
I don't know when exactly but once they start I imagine a steady stream for a while.

Razakel
31-12-2009, 09:57
They probably don't give out early information because they aren't sure if they can meet the deadline. If they announced it would be out by X time and then fail to get the product out on time, there could be a lot of financial backlash from frustrated customers.

Although I have to agree, even if they said "well, we could maybe sort of, perhaps have it out by this time".

Grimstonefire
01-01-2010, 11:47
That would be interesting if they had set an ambitious deadline and were not sure they could hit it. Aside from the fact that they never talk about anything these days, it would explain why they didn't even want to confirm the existence of the division in white dwarf.

Happy new year to everyone btw.

starlight
01-01-2010, 22:05
I'm betting that the announcement will tie in with the new WFB Edition at UKGD10... :p

Grimstonefire
02-01-2010, 00:42
That would be really nice! I wasn't planning on going this year, but there may be some things up for advance ordering there you can pick up. Forge world normally do that right?

If the rumours about Chaos Dwarfs are true I will need to take a wad of money. Though if they only announced it then with greens it could still be months away.

Would be an expensive way just to pick up models... But they would be all mine! *evil laugh*.

There are a lot of games days between now and then as well.